Real Steel Boot Camp for airsofters-milsimers

alexunderfire

Real steel boot camp as described below  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea, or bad?

• Good
    • Bad

Who would waist so much money on plastic/pot metal toys, 1000d cordura uncomfortable gear sets just to play airsofters. Here we talk about gaining the skills. A lot of them ….. How many of airsofters knows to determine magnetic and true north? And what is the difference. Please not use a google. No one can take what is between your ears :rolleyes: except IED

C'mon are you serious ? I know how to use a map, read UMT coord's, find north with the god-damn sun and even catch rabbits to eat with just a string and a knife, you do not need to go to the army for that ... just join the boy scouts.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C'mon are you serious ? I know how to use a map, read UMT coord's, find north with the god-damn sun and even catch rabbits to eat with just a string and a knife, you do not need to go to the army for that ... just join the boy scouts.

For some, boy scouts skills are advance navigation training ;) ..upppsss sorry they have garmin and google for a manual. :D

Useful like compass courses can be taught in a matter of hours. 1:50K map reading can be done with a few more and a bit of individual study.

Sadly even that time alottment is alot for 1-2, maybe 3 day event.

More advanced skills like CQB techniques have a rather large learning curve and that is just running glass houses.

The purpose of an event is to simply introduce basic concepts so that they can take something back with them and work on it on their own time.

Physical Fitness plays a large part of an effective player milsim or not(imho), but it has little place at an event in terms of a standalone module. Aside from the fact that even physically sound folks need a good nights rest after a 2 day event.

Stop living in my mad world, stop using drugs.” Is it polite? Or it is an ego touched with a pure truth?

No, but you're basically attacking airsofters for considering it as nothing more than a hobby saying they're not dedicated enough or not man enough to do it and calling us as a group wannabes in such a way it looks like an insult, completely missing the point that airsoft is just that, a hobby.

Who would waste so much money??” Did I EVER mention money on these posts, or expenses of your “hobby” are your obsession.

Yes you did actually.

Please, don’t tell me about earning … because I earned my money on much harder way than you ever will do.

Wow! You can see into the future and tell me that I'll never earn my money in a harder way? Can I have the lottery numbers for next week as well please? :rolleyes:

Yes, if this was for real gun-running, this MAY be a good idea.

I mean, 20 days? And middle of the night training? Minimal sleep? Just think of the liability issues. You better have a good lawyer even if you DO get a sign up list.

I think it's just unreasonable to have this for airsoft.

what the flying fudge are you on?

i have a few questions for you......

how much would a 20 day course cost?

where would it be?

would you supply a replacement for my work?

would you pay my mortgage for the month off?

where the fu*k would you get the necessary equipment to teach me HALO.

in a FANTASY world it sounds great - but lets be honest here, what you are suggesting is b*ll*cks.

Airsoft is a hobby, something we do for fun - like others play football, snooker or golf etc.

i am dedicated - to my family and to my real world job - which incidently is in the military, with 13 years service and counting, so don't even think about giving it the large one about commitment. Even in my job i am not a big fan of tabbing 8 miles in two hours with kit....... why the hell would i want to go further with more weight.

bottom line is this..... you need to reassess your target audience for the packgae you are offering, or you need to reassess the package for your target audience. maybe you could train a private army for a coup or train private military contractors.

alternatively (and my preference) you could organise a FUN weekend, with good camping facilities, toilets, beer, maybe a night game..... no forced 60km tabs.......

just a thought!

Why would I do this when there's an army recruitment office nearby? Why pay for something I could get paid to do?

Many airsofters are ex-military. They play airsoft for the same reason the rest of us do, for fun.

This is possibly the most stupid thread I have ever seen on any forum.

And an unsolicited advert to boot.

where the fu*k would you get the necessary equipment to teach me HALO.

pre-breathing period 20-40 min

altimeter

an automatic activation device AAD

a parachute

a knife

a helmet

a pair of gloves

a pair of military free-fall boots

oxygen available on board the aircraft

bailout oxygen

Decompression sickness assesment and prevention..... complicated?

pre-breathing period 20-40 min

altimeter

an automatic activation device AAD

a parachute

a knife

a helmet

a pair of gloves

a pair of military free-fall boots

oxygen available on board the aircraft

bailout oxygen

Decompression sickness assesment and prevention..... complicated?

i was thinking more along the lines of

plane

fuel

sufficient equipment for a course

money to pay for it all....

complicated?

sponsors on gov. level ...complicated?

:rofl:

Gov sponsoring a bunch of airsofters to do that? That has to be the biggest waste of tax payer money I've ever heard of, you should join the gov over here ;)

what is the date today?

it's not april 1st is it?

GOVERNMENT SPONSORED -

the governmet doesn't even supply REAL soldiers with that kind of money or training.... why would they give it to you so you can take the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker on a 20 day beasting?

tell you what.....

fax me a copy of the sponsorship contract along with all your product list etc..... if you are the real deal i will get a team of guys from work on it. I will even get grants from work to pay your fees.

how does that sound?

alternatively, stop trying to promise stuff i doubt very much that you can deliver!

by the way, my grandmother is sponsoring me to teach people how to walk to the moon.

all you need is to quit your job and attend my 3 month training camp where you will be disected and eaten. once regurgitated you will have to crawl through hot coals for 23 hours a day.

if that doesn't sound like it is for you then i can only assume you are not comitted enough to being an astronaught!

by the way, my grandmother is sponsoring me to teach people how to walk to the moon.

all you need is to quit your job and attend my 3 month training camp where you will be disected and eaten. once regurgitated you will have to crawl through hot coals for 23 hours a day.

if that doesn't sound like it is for you then i can only assume you are not comitted enough to being an astronaught!

How do I sign up!?

what is the date today?

it's not april 1st is it?

GOVERNMENT SPONSORED -

the governmet doesn't even supply REAL soldiers with that kind of money or training.... why would they give it to you so you can take the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker on a 20 day beasting?

tell you what.....

fax me a copy of the sponsorship contract along with all your product list etc..... if you are the real deal i will get a team of guys from work on it. I will even get grants from work to pay your fees.

how does that sound?

alternatively, stop trying to promise stuff i doubt very much that you can deliver!

Yes you are right I have to reassess the auditorium, as well as your idea of contracting. Did you ever find word promise, commitment …..? It is WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT?

And yes, ministry of defense of one country is ready to make a self marketing with 4 free flights and logistic. Yes you will be on TV ...Airsoft finest ….

maybe if you did it over s series of weekends, like the ANY NORMAL carbine course, tactical class, etc. Honestly you put no thought into this....whatsoever noone can do 40 days like this in the winter.

Minors have school, people have jobs....once again you put zero thought into it.

maybe if you did it over s series of weekends, like the ANY NORMAL carbine course, tactical class, etc. Honestly you put no thought into this....whatsoever noone can do 40 days like this in the winter.

Minors have school, people have jobs....once again you put zero thought into it.

Finally constructive one.... ;)

Finally constructive one.... ;)

Yeah i'll give you that i was too harsh. But my suggestion would be to run several weekends of courses where these individuals provided instruction. I know on group of airsofters...cant remember who etc, actually went through a recon course over a weekend period. Stuff like that would be awesome. Do a series of classes so more people can attend etc. I'm not saying dont make it hard...bc i think some players need to appreciate who they try to emulate more, but dont make it impossible for people to attend.

I'll be watching to see how this turns out

Cheers

Reaper

Archived