MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

I couldn't resist. Now I just have to sell enough stuff to pay for these parts plus a P* setup.

1 - 18inch Barrel

1 - Long Black Handguard

1 - Harris Style RIS Bipod

3 - RIS Panels

1 - 51T Black CCW Mock Supressor with Flash Hider

1 - Modify 650mm 6.03 Inner Barrel

Personally I'd go with a 6.01inner barrel, for me I saw a difference with the 6.03. I don't think the 650mm will fit even with suppressor, or just barely. I'm running a 460mm if I remember right and I'm just short of the end of the outer. Which 51T flash hider are you going for? The M.I.T.E.R or the Ratchet? Either way I don't think a 650mm will work. The MITER's threads are about in the middle of the flash hider so you're losing a few cm's off the bat. I could be wrong though about the length

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Personally I'd go with a 6.01inner barrel, for me I saw a difference with the 6.03. I don't think the 650mm will fit even with suppressor, or just barely. I'm running a 460mm if I remember right and I'm just short of the end of the outer. Which 51T flash hider are you going for? The M.I.T.E.R or the Ratchet? Either way I don't think a 650mm will work. The MITER's threads are about in the middle of the flash hider so you're losing a few cm's off the bat. I could be wrong though about the length

6.01 is too tight for todays bb's. I don't remember where the article is but to shorten it up .03 mm is the perfect sweetspot for a cushion of air around the bb in a barrel. Bb's earlier on in airsoft were made 5.98mm and now they are 6.00mm most times so 6.03 is the new 6.01.

As for the length. I wanted PSG-1 length so I did the math 18 inch outer barrel plus 8.5 inch suppressor = 26.5 inches covered, 650mm = 25.5 inches. So I should get it all covered with 1 inch of suppressor. I might end up putting a 490mm barrel in instead so I can run without a suppressor and so the suppressor actually suppresses by having to run through the foam outside of the inner barrel instead of just leading right out the opening.

As for the length. I wanted PSG-1 length so I did the math 18 inch outer barrel plus 8.5 inch suppressor = 26.5 inches covered, 650mm = 25.5 inches. So I should get it all covered with 1 inch of suppressor. I might end up putting a 490mm barrel in instead so I can run without a suppressor and so the suppressor actually suppresses by having to run through the foam outside of the inner barrel instead of just leading right out the opening.

When it comes to barrel ID, to each his own. I was hesitant to go 6.01, but its working wonders vs a 6.03

Far as your plan goes for length keep in mind that with the 51T MITER threaded flash hider will pull the suppressor back 60-65mm. I'm short siding the number. This pic should clear things up. The length in the photo is about 635-640mm, but take into account that my flash hider is clockwise threaded, so its not even threaded on which means theres about 8-10mm of extra length there, so somewhere in the 630mm total length, or 25". Think real hard about the 490mm, or use a different, longer suppressor cause the AAC's ain't gonna fit

gallery_71826_2028_85223.jpg

Edited by lacanuck24

I love the AAC and paid $85 for it so I think a different barrel will have to do or a external barrel extension. Then I still get 650mm and full suppression but a HUGE gun. Maybe something smaller would perform just as good and be more comfortable.

You should do a shooting comparison between 6.01 and 6.03 for us :)

I don't mind how it really looks sticking out the end but I put my silencer on to actually silence the PolarStar down to almost nothing lol So I don't want the inner running right through it or it doesn't do it's job.

Also after thinking further on it 6.01s are TBB for gbbrs so would work better with the polarstar and the 6.03s are perfect for AEGs

I couldn't resist. Now I just have to sell enough stuff to pay for these parts plus a P* setup.

1 - 18inch Barrel

1 - Long Black Handguard

1 - Harris Style RIS Bipod

3 - RIS Panels

1 - 51T Black CCW Mock Supressor with Flash Hider

1 - Modify 650mm 6.03 Inner Barrel

Unless you are running the polarstar In this setup, you shouldn't get that barrel. Really nothing over 400 mm helps unless it's a gas setup.

It's common knowledge that 6.03 provides better accuracy and range than 6.01, the quality matters more. I only get PDI, edgi or Prometheus. Mad bull if I'm feeling poor.

Unless you are running the polarstar In this setup, you shouldn't get that barrel. Really nothing over 400 mm helps unless it's a gas setup.

It's common knowledge that 6.03 provides better accuracy and range than 6.01, the quality matters more. I only get PDI, edgi or Prometheus. Mad bull if I'm feeling poor.

Planning to throw a polarstar into it indeed. I've heard the longest barrel possible with a good hop up is the way to go. Modify barrels are quite impressive in my opinion. I've seen 3 different instances of the range and accuracy improved by different players using them on the field.

Sorry if this question has been asked, but I didn't want to go through 124 pages, and also some of that may have been based on older production lots of the rifle.

I've wanted to get this rifle for a while but have held off because it's an Ares, and because of the problems with the hopup. Has anyone bought a new model lately and can tell me whether the hopup issue at least has been fixed?

Also, internally, is it still plastic bushings and other crappy Ares stuff or is it a fairly reliable setup now?

Sorry if this question has been asked, but I didn't want to go through 124 pages, and also some of that may have been based on older production lots of the rifle.

I've wanted to get this rifle for a while but have held off because it's an Ares, and because of the problems with the hopup. Has anyone bought a new model lately and can tell me whether the hopup issue at least has been fixed?

Also, internally, is it still plastic bushings and other crappy Ares stuff or is it a fairly reliable setup now?

I don't know of anyone who owns one who has had hopup problems including myself. And the bushings are metal.

Hope that helped :)

I had no hop up whatsoever until I changed the bucking to madbull blue which gave great results. Also glued a small piece of plastic coated wire in the fig-8 nub (as per toothpick mod) to strengthen it, which I think has also helped.

Planning to run a modify hybrid barrel and bucking not sure how to do toothpick mod though.

I think most people who have bought an ACR, have replaced the bucking with one that works (I used a G&G). Although in general a lot of people will replace their hop up buckings as a standard upgrade. It is a very easy thing to do, especially with the ACR quick barrel changing feature.

hey all, i picked up an akm masada today and am loving it! Had a touch of trouble with the hop tho. The 8 nub was mashed backwards where the quickchange barrel had pushed in. It was messing up the airseal so fps was all over the place. I reinforced the nub by finding a o-ring of about the same size and cutting 2mm out of it and sliding it into the hole.

However now when i push the barrel in it still forces the hop nub backwards. I had to remove the whole unit, take the bit that holds the nub out the top, secure the barrel, then reseat the nub back down onto the bucking.

Anyone else had this issue? seems like the nub won't slide over the top of the bucking to seat over the hole, which basically means the quick swap barrel cannot be swapped. Is the nub maybe too mashed? if so, where can i get a new one?

My reinforcing also seems to have given me loads of hop, even off, my .25's were arcing up :/

Edited by Mad-Larkin

Ah right, I was under the impression that I should fill the 8nubs hole? Should I still be leaving it some movement room?

The diameter of the o-ring is pretty much exactly the same size as the hole so it's solid lol I'll try a smaller one tonight. Cheers!

Edited by Mad-Larkin

filling in the hole has been done by many and even by myself. I was just checking to see if you had taken that into account. If this is a second hand gun, I would replace the hop bucking and buy a new spring and take hop up apart again just to make sure that nothing is damaged from the previous owner.

Well, i've stripped it all again, except for the nub being a little mashed it all looks good. am gonna get new bucking though, which are people finding works the best?

I've taken the filling out completely now, and my bb's seem to still be rising up even with the hop fully off :/ Anyone else had this issue?

Got the new spring already, but i don't have a chrono so going to leave it as is till i get on site and can have a tweak. THanks for ideas seraph :)

hey all, i picked up an akm masada today and am loving it! Had a touch of trouble with the hop tho. The 8 nub was mashed backwards where the quickchange barrel had pushed in. It was messing up the airseal so fps was all over the place. I reinforced the nub by finding a o-ring of about the same size and cutting 2mm out of it and sliding it into the hole.

However now when i push the barrel in it still forces the hop nub backwards. I had to remove the whole unit, take the bit that holds the nub out the top, secure the barrel, then reseat the nub back down onto the bucking.

Anyone else had this issue? seems like the nub won't slide over the top of the bucking to seat over the hole, which basically means the quick swap barrel cannot be swapped. Is the nub maybe too mashed? if so, where can i get a new one?

My reinforcing also seems to have given me loads of hop, even off, my .25's were arcing up :/

I'm sorry to tell you, but you have screwed your hop up. As with any barrel removal, you ALWAYS have to adjust the hop to zero. that way, the will be very very minimal contact between the nub and the bucking. I recommend this: http://www.wiitech.com.hk/eshop/product_info.php?cPath=68&products_id=430

or you can order a new nub from magpul or firesupport.co.uk or do that wierd toothpick mod. next time you remove the barrel, make sure that you zero the hop (just turn the hop up wheel clockwise).