Having a manly day

cool-breeze87

some necroposting on my part, but i feel darkchild belongs here...

soz, was keeping it on topic, otherwise it would be full of warfighting, drinking, cagefighting and general debauchery too :P

Darkchild

my guess is that he was just born in the wrong century ;)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a good thread to bring back. Fairly average day for me today, brought the mountain bike in to work past the 40mm GL range that used to be the runway, humped and dumped a few dozen K rounds of 762, a load of 40mms and grenades, trip flares, detonators and fuses etc, drove a massive off-road JCB forklift around, did some stuff with some PE4, unpacked some 556 blank and ended up with a big sheet of spare wood so did some tae kwon-do breaks on that, helped the warrant officer hunt some rabbits in the old aircraft bomb lines we don't use anymore and then back to the mess for chips.

Tomorrow it's in to the bomb dump for half 6, give the rocks a load of ammo and grenades, go down to the barnham training area to eat some rat packs (and do other stuff), then back to work at about 4 to collect whatever ammo they've not used, and the same again Sunday. Then start work normal time Monday morning; might take a weeks' leave in a couple of months...

I had a rare day off from my main job today, so most of it was spent either getting up late, wrestling with the dog, photographing (and dropping... <_< ) RIFs, paying bills, or headbutting ceilings at work in my bar job.

The ceiling won, unfortunately. Cue a brief moment of unconsciousness, and a rather pointless excursion to A&E. Got the rest of the night off though, win!

So now I'm preparing my airsoft gear for a skirmish tomorrow.

Perfect way to absolve oneself of mild concussion? Shoot people with toy guns.

EDIT - Forgot the slightly exaggerated but manly part. I also slaughtered an elk with my bare hands, blew up North Korea, and simultaneously made love to the entire female contingent of that awesome 'island' Lynx advert.

Whilst eating a steak, sharpening a bowie knife and maintaining a thoroughly furrowed brow.

Regular day yesterday..

- 8 hours of labour work

- 3 mile run

- pub (10 feet from my front door)

- copious amounts of alcohol

- sex with woman

- ordered in a kebab

- more sex

- sleep

- wake up and showered

- sit on arnies and talk about toy guns before going back to work.

Mostly not a manly day...Just a day.

The "normal" 2K test stroke rate is 32-34 SPM.

On the water, we go up to 36 SPM for our 250-meter sprint at the end of a race.

As a club program, we are funded by wealthy alumni donors and our own dues. We receive some funding from the school, but it's a smaller percentage. We do get class units for our participation, though. So that's a type of scholarship if you want to look at it that way. We also have priority in signing up for classes each quarter.

Good effort mate! I do the whole rowing thing for "fun"........................

6:55 is my best for 2k!

I spent 9 hours at the rowing club today!

In the last 48 hours I have:

Lifted two reasonably heavy yet small wooden cupboards into a car. Broken a larger wardrobe into small pieces then loaded that too, filled a total of about 8 bin bags with assorted rubbisg, and loaded them into said car, then loaded several large packing boxes into aforementioned road vehicle. In between all this I was an occupant of the motor car on several return trips to the dump, where the various loads of the horseless carrage was, by me, thrown in a manly fashion.

I also ripped wallpaper from a wall.

Disassembled, moved and reassembled a desk.

Sorted several soldiers (of the games workshop variety)

Had my hair cut, and DIDN'T cut my beard at all, for beards are manly and clean chins are for girls.

Only to be let down by buying a vacuum cleaner and cleaned the floor of half my house. Should really be a womans job, but i have no woman to delegate to:(.

• 11 months later...

My manliest days,

Starts 06:30 at hour 0

involves skating at least 12 hours a day (sometimes 14-20)

4 sprained ankles

2 bokren bones (rib and finger)

Eating copious amounts of pizza

Drinking excessive volumes of scrumpy, cider and rum

Drinking more relentless than any man could fathom

Hitting gym for an hour almsot every day (when skating time allows)

Ends hour 425ish when I collapse and am rushed to hospital after 19 days without sleep.

The last couple days are still foggy to this day!

I'm not sure if that counts as entirely stupid or manly, or both.

Sadly not, there were odd single hours here and there where I passed out, would be awesome otherwise :P

What's very interesting, is with stimulants (shedlaods of relentless) and in all further documented cases, 18 days and x hours later people collapse. So there you ahve it, the human body CAN run for jusrt under 19 days without (significant) sleep.

Side effects include tiredness ;) and halucinations for those who are wondering :P

In preparation for a little 'trip' I have coming at the start of next month I had to re-qualify on my L85 handling test this morning, which meant putting actual camouflage on and getting a gun out the armoury then walking around with it on base. Had a SUSAT and everything.

It woz allmost liek beeing a reel solger. :D

This is the manliest burger ever made. Or stupidest. I've forgotten which.

IMG00084-20120109-1959.jpg

became

IMG00085-20120109-2057.jpg

The result was half a burger caused a grown man to be sat naked in a toilet sweating so profusely he thought he was going to pass out and die.

Ingredients:

Naga Ghost Pepper - Whole/Destalked in the centre

Beef infused with Dried Chinese Chilli Pepper Seeds

Black and red pepper

Wanza's wicked hot temptation (2,100,000 scovilles, liberally applied)

chilli powder

fresh onion, lightly fried

dried oregano

Butchers Choice Oak Smoked Back Bacon

Emmentahle

Pain

After even a quarter of 1 burger, my mouth was numb, tingling and my stomach was feeling it, the burn builds all from your lips to your throat and down to your stomach. Manly.

Archived