Having a manly day

cool-breeze87

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boring? Yes. But that's what a routine is. A daily repetition of sleep deprivation, hunger, overwhelming work, and exhaustion.

Take that schedule and repeat it everyday of the week save for Sunday. Do it for two years.

A man is defined by how much pain and suffering he endures. Reaping the pleasurable side effects is a temporary and infrequent reward. Too much "fun" leads only to decadence and decay.

Not trying to push this onto anyone. It's just something that has worked wonders for a former couch potato and overweight nerd.

Just curious reborn but what (as a semi-professional athlete) is your time for 2000m on the indoor rower?

I used to row for my regiment (indoors) and my best was 6:09, it's a sprint though, you sound like your doing distance stuff.

The longest I ever did was 10K but I was better over short distances.

Guys, that day is pretty butch. When your heart rate hits 212 and you get black and white tunnel vision, that's manly.

University athlete for a club team, actually.

My best 2K test result averaged an 1:40 split on the erg. That translates to a 6:40 overall time, which is average for a heavyweight (180 pounds) man in my division.

I do a lot of 6000-meter pieces in the four-man boat (less common than the standard eight-man shell). I average an 1:48.5 split on those, according to the erg.

The standard morning workout is usually 12000-15000 meters of continuous rowing at 24 to 26 strokes per minute. Those are used to condition us and hone our oarsman skills.

I would say that my best moment (or, more fittingly of this thread, my manliest moment) in rowing comes from the time in April when we beat our counterparts at University of California Los Angeles by a clean six seconds. As a rule, a crew is generally faster on the water than on the ergs.

I was the #2 man from bow.

That's only because he actually posted a pic of a hot woman.

Asking the object of my lust to pose for a picture with minimal clothes on before our one-night stand would be just a little creepy on my part...

If it hurts my chances of getting tail, I'm not doing it. Even though it may help boost my man-point count on the Internet later.

University athlete for a club team, actually.

My best 2K test result averaged an 1:40 split on the erg. That translates to a 6:40 overall time, which is average for a heavyweight (180 pounds) man in my division.

I do a lot of 6000-meter pieces in the four-man boat (less common than the standard eight-man shell). I average an 1:48.5 split on those, according to the erg.

The standard morning workout is usually 12000-15000 meters of continuous rowing at 24 to 26 strokes per minute. Those are used to condition us and hone our oarsman skills.

I would say that my best moment (or, more fittingly of this thread, my manliest moment) in rowing comes from the time in April when we beat our counterparts at University of California Los Angeles by a clean six seconds. As a rule, a crew is generally faster on the water than on the ergs.

I was the #2 man from bow.

Good drills.

By semi-pro I was assuming you had some sort of scholarship, my bad.

I would have liked to row on water but we didn't have the facilities.

I weigh about 220lbs and used to do about 28 strokes/min, actually when I got out of the army I bought a concept II rower, it was bloody expensive and takes up half the house.

I don't row anywhere near as much as I used to, nobody is forcing me to...

The "normal" 2K test stroke rate is 32-34 SPM.

On the water, we go up to 36 SPM for our 250-meter sprint at the end of a race.

As a club program, we are funded by wealthy alumni donors and our own dues. We receive some funding from the school, but it's a smaller percentage. We do get class units for our participation, though. So that's a type of scholarship if you want to look at it that way. We also have priority in signing up for classes each quarter.

Asking the object of my lust to pose for a picture with minimal clothes on before our one-night stand would be just a little creepy on my part...

If it hurts my chances of getting tail, I'm not doing it. Even though it may help boost my man-point count on the Internet later.

You man you don't make a video?

I was putting a fresh edge on my Axe and stuffed my hand into the coarse grindstone (damn these dual wheel grinders) i still went on to chop 4 carloads of wood with my shiny sharp axe and minus a fingernail, and get told off for being too manly with the chainsaw (proper hollywood logging style).

Should take a few weeks for the fingernail to grow out.

At stuntman, Sledge Hammer, havent heard that in a while, talking to your big revolver is proper manly, i miss mine, a brocock python before you needed a FAC (quirky UK firearm laws)

Why is it called tail? It some kind of furry fetish or something? Or was the female in question not of our species?

Tail: American slang for "loose" women.

It's okay to ask a question. It's not okay to be an *albatross* about it.

Just saying. A little friendliness never hurt anybody.

Yesterday worked pretty well as a Manly day.

6 Hours of airsoft, consisting of Lugging and firing MG42 over hills and towns

1 hour of story telling after

Met up with team after, at the machine shop for a bbq.

bought 80 dollars worth of meats ( pork, beef, lamb, chicken) and veggies.

Charcoal grill was missing... so what did we do?

We made our own gas grill.

3/16 plate steel ( sand blasted and cleaned) + Turkey fryer = awesome grill

0626002035.jpg

Yeah, I love sledge.

Spitting is good but I clear my nose by blocking one nostril and blasting the bogey out the other with a sharp exhalation.

I call it "using the farmer's hankie" my wife calls it disgusting.

Been repairing brickwork and building a new kitchen floor today, not too manly but this weekend I went too see Pearl Jam in London, refused to use any kind of map and dead reckoned to the park.

Watched the England game and shouted at the telly (Scottish but was supporting England) then watched Top Gear then laid in bed watching the GP and reading Top Gear and farting.

Just upgraded a torch with a a HID headlamp, motorbike battery and copious amounts of tape :) Should be good for atleast 500m of usable light. Not massively manly, but a good 8-10x more powerful than my 6-D cell Maglite which is very manly.

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday we had a competition at work to see who was the best plant operator.

I didn't win overall but I did win the stand that used the D5N (the machine I teach on) and got presented with one of these by the rep from Cat/Finning.

I also got a couple of T-shirts.

After work I then took my R/C car (worth about three grand now) to the park and treated it with such disregard that I got an audience and shattered some of the suspension components.

When I put the video on the internet the manufacturer of a new upgraded rear upper wishbone told me he's give me a set for free as long as I promise to fit them and then film myself abusing the car equally as badly.

Another manufacturer is going to let me get hold of his new steering system while it is still in the prototype stages for the same reason, the deal is I have to try my hardest to break it and document my attempts.

Smashing my car so hard that people give me free stuff for my efforts, priceless.

Archived