Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been able to locate/source this for civvys?

Makes me want to take that Condor vest, mod and and paint it...

Try taking the picture under natural sun light tomorrow. Camera flash is wonderful...

One more....

Alright guys, here's what I got in the mail yesterday. I got some other small things but they're not really worth showing, just a belt and some velcro and such.

Anywho, here's the majors: Eagle Universal SKD chest rig (CB) with a strobe pouch (CB) and SpecOps IFAK pouch (tan) and 4 Tactical Tailor mag pouches (CB/Khaki-ish?)

34f0066bddc9.jpg

Hatch kneepad sprayed Khaki, SpecOps Vapor holster, and an unknown brand radio pouch in MJK. I assume it's real deal cause it's made in the USA.

845dfafe0961.jpg

Camelbak MULE (DCU) and Tactical Tailor GP pouch (CB)

ce4b392b5ba1.jpg

I have more comparison of Coyote Brown pictures for you guys

2295267556_b420a6b202_b.jpg

Medical Pouch is Spec-Ops Brand

Mag Pouches are Diamond Back Tactical

Vest is Tactical Applications Group

Trying to match coyote? Give up. Even batches are WAY different.

DSC01947.jpg

Left to right.

x2 AITES 100 round SAW pouches

x2 SDS Canteen pouches

x1 AITES IFAK

x1 SDS 200 round SAW pouch

x3 AITES 9mm pouches

On the shoulder harness.

x1 Ka-Bar

x1 AITES Frag pouch

Its all coyote brown as far as the pouches go, despite the variation.

DO NOT get the Coyote Brown. Pantac's CB is just plain brown. Their khaki is much closer to CB. The color is somewhere between SDS and LBT. I am using the Pantac neck assembly right now and it works great if you can't find the real deal.

Spartan I have a CB PANTAC dorp pouch that is definetly closer to CB then it is to brown. It has a slight greenish hue though.

Does Pantac make a Tan neck protector? Looks like I didnt look hard enough! ^_^ I know where my next pay check is going!

EDIT: Looks pretty light in the pictures though. Maybe it'll match up to my SDS OTV better that way! If not a can of CB spray paint should fix that. Does anyone have a good recommendation on a brand of CB paint that is cheap and wont flake off?

Last time I checked WGC had one but IDK for sure if they still have it.

Redwolf has them in stock too. They are 2 dollars more... but thats still cheaper than the real thing and much easier to find!! My only worry is it not fitting an XL OTV.... I would figure that the sizing doesnt matter too much as far as the head hole and what not but thats something I'll need to look into.

Spartan I have a CB PANTAC dorp pouch that is definetly closer to CB then it is to brown. It has a slight greenish hue though.

Does Pantac make a Tan neck protector? Looks like I didnt look hard enough! ^_^ I know where my next pay check is going!

EDIT: Looks pretty light in the pictures though. Maybe it'll match up to my SDS OTV better that way! If not a can of CB spray paint should fix that. Does anyone have a good recommendation on a brand of CB paint that is cheap and wont flake off?

Hmm.. I think you may have gotten the khaki. My khaki neck protector has a slight green hue to it, but my CB groin protector looks way too dark and my CB drop pouch looks just plain brown.

Anyways, my 2003 OIF loadout is done and I'm just waiting for my RCO to finish my regular loadout. I'll post pictures this weekend.

Hawk281, what else do you have planned?

A lot

Here's my whole kit ATM

DSCN1950.jpg

Plus my half assed first line

DSCN1952.jpg

Yes, the dumper is attached with zipties.

Right now i'm waiting on a holster and mag pouches for the M9. Next purchases will be atleast one more M16 pouch, in CB this time, a Hydro, some kind of GP pouch, Temperate MARPAT, and a PASGT or Replica.

Personally, I think if the pouches are similar enough color to look the same at a distance, and if they do their job and do it well, then thats a good pouch. Not sure why each pouch must be of the exact same hue/coloring.
I've been trying to stress that point for a long time. I even posted a pic of a Marine in miss-color-matched gear to illustrate the point.

I posted a pic of the Pantac CB yoke and collar above (page 187), it's very dark, crayon or ###### brown is a better description of the color There's really no greenish tint to it. Great build and quality though. A full Pantac rig would probably look pretty sharp.

he could stick to the old school stuff if he is doing a 2003 Invasion of Iraq load

(don't know if he said he was, remember someone saying they were but don't remember who)

that new plate carrier looks like that Condor one, which means I won' have to get an IBA/OTV to do a Marine load :D

Archived