Ares Grease Gun

DarkMM

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those contacts on the magazine look like they would possibly bend out of shape if you jam the magazine in too hard or at a bad angle.

Well the 3 to 4 inch deep magazine well probably will prevent that happening too often:), they are recessed so I can't see them getting inadvertently damaged in normal carry. It's a nice elegant solution.

However one thought that does occur to me is that magazine changes in the rain might not be good for it... :flamed:

That being said it does sort of grow on one.

I can't believe that the engineering team who built the body couldn't come up with a better idea that the battery in the mag. Totally ludicrous - there are 'how to' guides for AEG grease guns on the web and it's done using an old Hudson body and MP40 gearbox and mags.

This is over-priced, over engineered and under thought. It won't sell and because of this we'll all have to wait years for another decent WW2 AEG.

are = muppets.

Both of the Hudson AEG conversions I've seen have used external bats, which frankly is a non starter, especially for a RIF that is aimed at reenactment types as well as casual softers.

The number of armchair experts in this thread that are damning this product without having seen one in the flesh is quite astounding. I for one applaud ARES for being bold and releasing an interesting and important model that all of the other companies have avoided, despite the obvious technical challenges.

If the mags are cheap enough I can see this being a sucess. Most WW2 softers are used to using low cap mags anyway and when a cheap lipo is thrown in, the cost of a complete mag + bat should end up less than that of GBBR mags.

At the end of the day anyone wanting an AEG M3 has to accept a level of compromise due to space restrictions, IMHO Ares have come up with a neat solution that perhaps doesn't appeal to the casual softer. I imagine that they are well aware of this and the the product is priced to suit the likely demographic. Calling it a failure because it doesn't conform to the prescribed formula is folly.

I would tend to agree, those mags don't look particularly more complicated than mere midcaps with a bit of wiring in them so hopefully they wouldn't be too pricey. As previously mentioned a mag and battery has got to be cheaper than a single GBBR magazine so what's the problem?

As long as it shoots well and the mag design doesn't cause any actual functionality problems I can't see the issue.

Bat in mag is a nice idea, nor very fond of stick lipos, but i could live with that if the Mag+bat combo is reasonably priced. Personally I dont understand so much bashing, most of the GBBR use gas in mag systems and nobody complains (almost), these ones at least dont leak, thats for sure :lol:

BTW: Good power range for short/CQB gun.

Now I want that system in an EBB M4 :lol:

If I gather some funds I'm willing to buy one and test it out - I've loved the M3 in DOD, this seems like a good plinker/side weapon/possible WWII reenactment starter weapon. I have enough batteries to where multiple mags isn't an issue.

Regarding the flamers - it's known that ARES in the past hasn't released the best quality of products. However I've had more experience with STAR (ARES's OEM or whatever), and for their price I'm pretty pleased. If I were to get it, I will praise them for the innovative design, but I won't be expecting awesome internal quality/anything that will astound me.

Both of the Hudson AEG conversions I've seen have used external bats, which frankly is a non starter, especially for a RIF that is aimed at reenactment types as well as casual softers.

The number of armchair experts in this thread that are damning this product without having seen one in the flesh is quite astounding. I for one applaud ARES for being bold and releasing an interesting and important model that all of the other companies have avoided, despite the obvious technical challenges.

If the mags are cheap enough I can see this being a sucess. Most WW2 softers are used to using low cap mags anyway and when a cheap lipo is thrown in, the cost of a complete mag + bat should end up less than that of GBBR mags.

At the end of the day anyone wanting an AEG M3 has to accept a level of compromise due to space restrictions, IMHO Ares have come up with a neat solution that perhaps doesn't appeal to the casual softer. I imagine that they are well aware of this and the the product is priced to suit the likely demographic. Calling it a failure because it doesn't conform to the prescribed formula is folly.

+1 exactly what i was thinking, Why is everyone damning this before they see one. If there is not one of these guns ont he market, then it cant harm the sport. If anything it might help bring more people into it.

• 6 months later...

ARES M3 (VERSION 2)

The M3 was an American .45 ACPsubmachine gun that entered U.S. Army service in 1942 and began to replace theThompson series submachine guns. The M3 was designed from the outset as a morecost-effective alternative to the Thompson, optimized for mass production. TheM3 is commonly referred to as the "grease gun", owing to its visualsimilarity to the common mechanic's tool. The more famous M3A1 is actually thesecond and more prolific version having simplified the design further, theoriginal still retaining the cocking handle crank and older iron sight design.

ARES releases this VERSION 2 of their popularM3A1 in the original M3 design with charging handle, plus electricblowback! Mini or Lipo battery continues to be housed in the magazine inorder to not disrupt the integrity of the beautiful stamped steel body housingthe custom gearbox. Delivers 340fps using 0.2g BBs. This model isworldwide exclusively distributed by RedWolf Airsoft. Dealer inquirieswelcome.

Archived