Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

LORD_SEX

Yeah, I mean, I respect Luttrell for his service, dedication and sacrifice, but it pains me that the movie will (likely) give as distorted a picture of the events of those days as the book.

It is sort of baffling to me why the facts of the story had to be altered as it's still a story about comradeship and perseverance without the alterations.  

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I mean, I respect Luttrell for his service, dedication and sacrifice, but it pains me that the movie will (likely) give as distorted a picture of the events of those days as the book.

It is sort of baffling to me why the facts of the story had to be altered as it's still a story about comradeship and perseverance without the alterations.  

Because in the world we really live in the greyness isn't so unique, people DON'T want to hear the truth, they want to live in their fairy tail lives.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally complete my vest:
- Flyye MBSS Vest OD
- Pantac MBSS MAP OD
- Pantac Single SDS M4 pouch OD (2x)
- Pantac MBITR pouch OD
- Pantac Admin pouch OD
- EI MLCS single smoke grenade pouch Khaki
- LBT 6038A double pistol mag pouch Coyote TAN
- Pantac SAPI plate replica (2x)
- Element VIP strobe, Jolly Roger patch, restraints

DSCF9612.JPG

Its good mate, nice to see a bit of old skool about. A couple of suggestions; change the restraints to the older style (http://www.ebairsoft.com/dummy-hand-plastic-handcaff-white-p-4320.html) and switch the vip strobe for an MS2000 (http://www.ebairsoft.com/ms2000-model-dummy-tb707-p-6981.html)

I'm at the other end of the country to normal, so I don't have most of my gear, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up getting some sandy gear shots.

P1040583_zps60fb194d.jpg

P1040574_zps03e04077.jpg

I'll admit this is probably on the outskirts of legitimacy, but all the kit is real aside from the magazines.  No guns because secluded as it is, it's a public beach.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived