Zeroone, you have failed me for the last time!

Rick O'Shay

To be honest i wouldn't want 90% of the people on Zero In on here.

I know expanding the community and getting new players is always good but seriously i went on Zero In a few days ago to find #username# is a #deleted expletive# as a topic (they don't have a swear filter) and this was considered a joke by the moderators to use a public forum to swear at each other <_<

That and the topics i have seen are terrible, all about what gun to buy and why everyone but Z1 is an evil shop with trolls for staff.

In a way i am thanful Zero In exists as it is a pit of *suitcase* that we can throw all the idiots, geardos and self obssessed *albatrosses* that we wouldn't want on a good discussion forum like this one.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of them are ok but you can't trust half of the advice or reviews on there because the mod team weeds out any reference to any shop other than zero one. The rest are divided into people who don't want to rock the boat because they want to use the for sale section, and people who are just tools and suckups who worship zeroone because they don't know anything better.

Arnies does not tolerate forum elitism. The next person that tries to incite some kind of idiotic forum war will receive a suspension.

Apologies, i wasn't trying to incite a forum war; More along the lines of trying to save a few people the trouble of ordering from Z1. I'll go away now...

I must admit (not trying elitism or anything rude here) but i am suprised i have not been banned as i always seem to have the opposite opinion of one of the mods in terms of the best way to handle a situation.

Then again it was the same on ASCUK and they just sent me worrying PM's because i didn't believe them that the M9 is the greatest pistol ever etc.

At the end of the day i use Arnies to discuss and Zero In to sell my items that i can't get shafted on or don't care about (cheap pouches and gear plus non-airsoft stuff i don't want).

'FireKnife'

Then again it was the same on ASCUK and they just sent me worrying PM's because i didn't believe them that the M9 is the greatest pistol ever etc.

Seeing I ran ASC and we all knew there the 1911 is the god amongst handguns (except me the others had mobius customs, i built my own ;)) but I'll intro you to my M9 on Tuesday :P

Misfit is 100% correct, you go trolling over there before you know it you have a heap of them over here creating work for the mods, and they have a lot more trolls,

Zero One is far too well established to fail, and good luck to them, been using them since they started, I've a very very low opinion of the owners (having met them my preformed opinion of them was correct, donkey holes ;) )

I've no idea how their forum has survived, but it keeps growing, again, best of luck to them, even though they wont allow me on there :P MUHAHAHAH, still take my money though if there's something i need and they have it :)

As for swear filters, i don't mind the "f***" cursor out ones, but the whole fruitcage thing is just fruitcaging ;) stupid, and it dumbs the forum down in my opinion, on UKAZ we don't have a swear filter, no need for it, people tend not to go to town swearing every second word, but if you were to switch off the filters here i would bet they'd be back on within a few hours, we did it on UKAN and the forum turned blue in an hour, kids with a new toy syndrome :P

It's a big internet, plenty space for all !

but I'll intro you to my M9 on Tuesday

:unsure: I'm only there to pick up a slide.

:D

Though i agree with the opinions of one of the moderators having met the guy at my last GZ visit three years ago. Unless he has changed his act 100% i would never be within 20 feet of him as he is a danger to life and limb.

As for the swear filter it is a good and bad thing, at least we are trying to knock out the swearing for the younger users but as many of us post about one swear a month (unless in the rant forums) then it is not exactly a big issue.

'FireKnife'

If said mod is a raging alcoholic with a beard and a gun that's clearly compensating for something, you're definitely right...

All i can say is yes.

Which is a shame as the site and 90% of the players that were there last time seem like a decent bunch.

I just hope that the site isn't full of the people that use the forums now.

'FireKnife'

As for swear filters, i don't mind the "f***" cursor out ones, but the whole fruitcage thing is just fruitcaging ;) stupid, and it dumbs the forum down in my opinion, on UKAZ we don't have a swear filter, no need for it, people tend not to go to town swearing every second word, but if you were to switch off the filters here i would bet they'd be back on within a few hours, we did it on UKAN and the forum turned blue in an hour, kids with a new toy syndrome :P

It's a big internet, plenty space for all !

Weren't you around for the party pad? Fruitcage is an Arnies tradition!

I must admit (not trying elitism or anything rude here) but i am suprised i have not been banned as i always seem to have the opposite opinion of one of the mods in terms of the best way to handle a situation.

Not sure if you're referring to Arnies mods here or Zero-In. If you disagree with a moderator action you are welcome to PM the moderator in question, or another global/admin, or create a thread in the Site Errors & Suggestions forum.

To balance things out, every time I've dealt with Zero One I've always been impressed by their efficiency and speed. I usually buy from HK, but given the recent excellent service I've received from Z1 and Landwarrior, I might become a convert. :)

Not sure if you're referring to Arnies mods here or Zero-In. If you disagree with a moderator action you are welcome to PM the moderator in question, or another global/admin, or create a thread in the Site Errors & Suggestions forum.

Zero In and ASCUK. Must admit apart from Ghost Rider back in the day (2006) i never had any issue with any mod on here.

I'm at the point where i've started saying fruitcage, out loud, around others. I get odd looks...

I have only ever said fruitcage out loud at an airsoft site and actually found an Arnies member that way.

'FireKnife'

To balance things out, every time I've dealt with Zero One I've always been impressed by their efficiency and speed. I usually buy from HK, but given the recent excellent service I've received from Z1 and Landwarrior, I might become a convert. :)

That's not balancing things out - That's putting a pea on one side of a see-saw while the 30 stone fat kid remains on the other ;)

You mean I'm not worth 30 people ranting on a soapbox? :(

The swear filter is staying btw. Partly because we try to keep things here PG13 to make this welcoming for all. Mainly because I found it hilarious to force people to unintentionally insert random words in their posts. ;)

Don't ever take off the filter, users go mental and it's infuriating and depressing to watch users go obnoxious as soon as they realise the walls down :)

As i said, if you never use the filter most folk type away happy and in a non obnoxious manner, I know i tend not to swear on here, makes one look like a lunatic once the filter has done the duty :P

I think I'll go buy some stuff from 01 now :P

Archived