Zeroone, you have failed me for the last time!

Rick O'Shay

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is a bit of an issue for an internet based retailer.

Last time I tried to ring them (some years ago admittedly) I couldn't get through that way either, which begs the question as to what it is they do actually do. I have to say I've only ever ordered from them once during the whole time I actually considered them as a reputable retailer, but during pretty much that whole time they were running a website which didn't actually tell you whether anything was in stock or not. I still find it hard to believe they ran that system for so many years.

I still find it hard to believe they ran that system for so many years.

Look at other, more new player filled, forums and you will find out why.

Often the new players see them as God as they can get a cheap two-tone from them with parents cash. If it breaks oh well they ask Mum and Dad for a new one (and i mean 18+ kids that still ask Mum and Dad for handouts) so they don't ever directly deal with the people in the store.

When i actually went to the shop i thought nice place, shame about the management. Then a few weeks later it is all full of two tones and copies of Ai (and we al know why that is).

'FireKnife'

My point is; if a customer chooses to contact you by email, have the common courtesy to reply by email. Asking them to phone instead is tantamount to saying "we don't want your custom because we're too bone idle / unprofessional to deal with you"...

Wise up, ZeroOne.

'Zero'. How ironic.

I've never had any issues with zeroone when buying - Though they don't answer emails and answer their phones very rarely.

Well if you look at that point by point, buying stuff means they're getting your money and in that case they've been alright. When you ring or email for help and support where there's no financial gain for them (or indeed potentially a loss) you get nothing; that says an awful lot.

Often the new players see them as God as they can get a cheap two-tone from them with parents cash. If it breaks oh well they ask Mum and Dad for a new one (and i mean 18+ kids that still ask Mum and Dad for handouts) so they don't ever directly deal with the people in the store.

I'd imagine in a lot of cases you're quite right. I tend to notice, and in fact remember myself, that when you start out you tend to basically stick to one retailer, mostly because you don't really know about many others, if any at all; and some players never break from that mentality, or bother to look around or think "hmm.. could I be getting a better service somewhere else?". Luckily for me the first decent place I came across was fire-support and they were my go-to shop for a good year or so before I started buying from HK.

Personally i started out buying second hand from here and friends. Reatilers for me, be it shoes, food or guns, have always been go on to Google and look around at the cheapest or quickest option. If one turns out to be the cheapest but also the worst then i ignore them again next time.

If only we all did this then there would be no ZeroOne, AW and the original guys at Wolf Armouries would be long gone. Too bad some people don't.

'FireKnife'

I've got to say, on the buying new stuff front i've never had an issue with them.

In fact, for my last order their service was actually pretty good. I put in a small order online late one evening (silencer and a set of handguards) online and selected to pick it up from their warehouse.

I got a call from them the next day just to confirm when I would be picking it up and to tell me that their online payment system wasn't working properly and that they'd sort it out when I came to pick the order up. Show up at the warehouse an hour and a half later, order is waiting for me and they sort out my card payment there and then.

On the repairs/upgrade front though, i'd never touch them. A friend of mine sent an M4 to be fitted with a load of Systema parts. When he got it back, the selector switch had been installed so badly that it was stuck out at an angle and couldn't move past semi auto. Zero One pretty much refused to accept it was their problem.

I'm of the opinion, if it's small, unlikely to need repair/replacement and I need it quick, buy it from Zero One, as they are only a few miles away from me. If it's big/expensive/a gun and could potentially need a repair or replacement, buy from Firesupport.

I only get stuff from Zero One if it's a small obscure part I can't find anywhere else in UK online stores, I would never get them to do any repair/custom work for me though for obvious reasons.

As for Airsoft World their service has been great when I go to the store in person, free cups of tea and Frenchie is friendly enough although he can talk for ages (an understatement). Would quite happy shopping there in person if they sold more RIF's and less two-tones.

I pretty much just use Fire-Support or Landwarrior for everything though unless I'm ordering from HK :)

It does ###### me off that Airsoft International pretty much only reviews things that AW sell and it always makes me laugh when I see "Winner of the Airsoft International Magazine Online Retailer of the Year Award for 2008, 2009 & 2010" considering they are quite renowned for their bad service online (I've never had any problems though to be fair) not to mention the stock they keep (or lack of).

Considering the selection and service you get from Landwarrior or Fire-Support it's pretty obvious how biased that judging must be.....

It does ###### me off that Airsoft International pretty much only reviews things that AW sell and it always makes me laugh when I see "Winner of the Airsoft International Magazine Online Retailer of the Year Award for 2008, 2009 & 2010" considering they are quite renowned for their bad service online (I've never had any problems though to be fair) not to mention the stock they keep (or lack of).

Well when your magazine relies on the views of a shops owner you have to scratch his back somehow.

All AI is a magazine that is about scratching each others backs and giving good reviews to bad guns in exchange for a mention of the magazine around the site. They have no real impartial views and when they need the history of a camo ro a real steel gun they just use Wikipedia (actually just checked Hostage Rescue Teams and it is word for word) as it is so reliable <_<

Usually if AI gives a place Online Retailer of the year i treat it with suspicion. One of the reasons i wont use Airsoft Armoury, Wolf, Zero One or Airsoft World is the affiliation with a really bad publication. To some that sounds like a bad idea but think about it, would you really trust what AI says about an item?

'FireKnife'

Offtopic I know but I do buy AI as it's the only airsoft mag that I can ever find, I like looking at the pictures! I had an issue last month where I bought a copy that had had the Dusty section ripped out, they got me a replacement copy and a ton of freebies even though it wasnt their fault (some scrote in WHS) - so I won't hear a word against them!

MikeLondon you have been the only lucky one so far.

Considering that they may be the only true UK publication doesn't mean they should be as sloppy and half arsed as they can be. Taking info straight from other sources like Wikipedia and only giving something a good review as your mate sells it at his shop is not how a magazine should be run.

I have read a good ten issues of AI in the past 4 years and they seem to show no sign of improvement in anyway. You may have been lucky with what happened to you in that they gave you free stuff but have you ever tried getting hold of anyone there with a negative comment. They just ignore you unless you can offer articles, advertising or something that they can spin into a story that makes them look like heroes.

But anyway back to the topic of Zero One seeing as we have lumped all the bad retailers and publications in on this one.

'FireKnife'

Offtopic I know but I do buy AI as it's the only airsoft mag that I can ever find, I like looking at the pictures! I had an issue last month where I bought a copy that had had the Dusty section ripped out, they got me a replacement copy and a ton of freebies even though it wasnt their fault (some scrote in WHS) - so I won't hear a word against them!

You can find pictures on the internet... gun pictures... i meant gun pictures. Also the information you get online is "more likley" to be accurate than what you get in a biased publication.

You can find pictures on the internet... gun pictures... i meant gun pictures.

Women and gun pictures :P

But back on track i do hope that one day Zero One will realise that just cause you sell an item for £5 less than everyone else it doesn't mean you can treat them like *suitcase* after the item is bought and doesn't work or breaks within warranty.

'FireKnife'

Here's my 2p.

I have never bought a custom gun or had any repair/upgrade work done by Z1, so I am not in a position to comment on that aspect of their service. However, considering the mountain of negativity in this thread, I am pretty sure I won't be throwing any more of my money their way. In this age of the internet, word of mouth is EVERYTHING, particularly when a retailer's operations are predominantly online.

To counter this, I have bought from Zero One several times, from small orders such as just a laser and batteries to pistols with spare magazines, and the service has been good. Not amazing, but good. Acceptable. Enough.

I doubt I'll be shopping there again though. Give me Fire Support any day.

With the financial climate as it is, and people more reluctant to fritter their precious money away, you'd think Z1 would be working that little bit harder to be nice to their customers, especially if they want repeated business.

Latest order for me with Zero One.

Order placed for a magazine of the GBB type at 14:57 yesterday, second class postage chosen and shipped the same day, come 9:30 this morning the mag had arrived! For all the failings they are from my experience one of the fastest shipping of the UK retailers providing the item is in stock.

i had the same issue . i orderd a m4 mag catch as i had to brake mine off.

said on the website in stock. but on my order form ( when it arrived with other stuff ) said it was out of stock and would be sent within the next 2 weeks.

so i couldnt use my m4 ive spent so long fixing and getting perfect at the next event.

its no big issue for me .. i had other aegs to use, but how hard is it to keep your stock count up to date?

for me now, after ordering and buying from almost all airsoft shops in the UK i now only shop with firesupport.

Archived