Resistance fighter

mr_foxhound

heres my l85 i was trying to go for the resistance fighter look were they dont have the magpul stuff ,what whatever they can get there hands on type so i want it to look edgey and out of place but you would still recognize it

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/img0004dq.jpg/

then i wanted to change it and came up with this

http://img225.imageshack.us/i/img0008jw.jpg/

http://img28.imageshack.us/i/img0010ez.jpg/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not bad, but not great. Why would it be easier to obtain RIS rails from an M4 and Famas parts? Especially in the UK (if going for semi realism)

Would have been better off using wood to create the front end, much more easily availble and post apoc/resistance fight look.

you did look at all of the pics right it seems theres a very judge mental few out there, i was going for the look of a resistance fighter, Im sure they would not have time to sit around holding bits together waiting for the epoxi to dry when the s*** hits the fan around them.

could the mods lock this please if all it is gonna do is get ridiculed,

i havent clamed its a custom gun (like typeritter) i wanted the resistance look of ruff and ready seems some people have not read the explanation on why its like that, And have typed before they used there head for a sensible reply

Well no offence but if you use your head it makes even less sense.

1) If you're using an SA80, I guess you're in Britain, right?

2) So where would you get an M16 heatshield from? An aimpont's tricky enough- susat, irons or acog would be better.

3) Where would you get M4 rails from?

If you're looking for a 'rough and ready' way of fixing up an sa80, there are much easier (and probably better looking) ways of doing it in keeping with the look you're aiming for.

Though having said that in a weird scifi way I don't mind that final iteration, with a different scope it might look alright.

plus if you choose to post up a photo of your creation then dont get all upset because no onne likes it.

i dont mind if no one likes it ... everone at least hates something...its just the pure criticisms and nonthing constructive.

@spetsnazdave87

dose it matter what parts you use ,i dont think it dose, not to sound a bit attidude here but dose it . if some one asked me what my load out was when were going back to the safe zone from a game and i said resistance fighter i would think they might understand , not sure they would say i dont think you would have that part on there ,because etc etc ,

1 Major flaw is that you've not actually made it any more useful than the stock L85. Why would a resistance fighter spend time and effort taking the front grip off an L85 to bolt a load of rare and uncomfortable *suitcase* to it instead?

Plus, if you were really wanting to do a resistance loadout, get an AK, beat it up to hell and back and use gaffa tape to tape mags together, make a cheekrest and attach a torch to the front grip. It'll be more practical, feasible and will scream "La resistance!" instead of what you have right now, which screams "SHITBOX! KILL ME NOW!"

theres two types of resistance fighter that people see to be thinking of the resistance fighter of revolution and so forth and the scifi one like at the start of t2 im going for the scifi one im glad you think its a SHITBOX Darklite ,dose it need to be anymore usefull than what it dose ..shoot and work.

Well, come on everyone are entitled to their opinions. You posted this up expecting everyone to praise it and now you've been rubbed up the wrong because people don't like it. Plus Darklite and spetsnazdave87 do have a point when they point out that resistance guns are really all about practicality.

if you like it thats all that matters but as you can see so far your the only one, aslong as it makes you happy then thats fine.

its not that people dont like it its ... this ive put up what i think looks like a resistance fighter post /apocalyptic sci fi load out , and im told its wrong or they wouldent do that

its not so much that its wrong its just that it looks like ######, its not interesting and its not thought out properly, you cant get upset when you get criticism, you choose to post it and by doing that your opening it up to huge amounts of criticism.

you did read what dark lite said right

surely if its a sense of realism your going for then you'd be limited to UK forces issued weaponry? where woul dyou find a live firing AK in the uk (easily and with full firing capabilities) I am aware there are a few single shot AKs out there and even they have problems finding ammo. so IMO a bog standard SA80 with stuff added from stores/local gunsmiths is more probable than a hybrid/anything goes scenario.

on another note if it gives you the fictional/sci fi/i am legend vibe then its looking good and just do what you like

Resistance fighter loadout? That sounds great. Here's my idea:

BASE: 10.5" HK416 Carbine

DAY OPTIC: S&B Short Dot or ELCAN SpecterDR or similar 1-4X variable mag

NIGHT OPTIC: PVS-24 or similar to clip on in front

I think you should pursue this kit! Good luck!

Archived