Resistance fighter

mr_foxhound

Guest msrundle

that was my first idea but the g36 handgurad will not fit its not wide enought for it to over lap

Just find a lathe and machine a sheet that'll cover the gaps on both sides.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a "resistance fighter" weapon I think it's just fine. Presumably this would be found on the body of a dead resistance fighter, because it's not the weapon of someone who's thought out their survival. For instance: how do you aim this thing? You can't.

But hey, there's no lack of real-world examples of combatants who did something just because they thought it looked cool, with no idea of how it would actually work. So, go for it, I say.

All i can say is if yuo are going for this look you may as well do an African Militia loadout with an orange life jacket and some cut down trousers as this looks like the kind of crazy *suitcase* they come up with.

At least that way you wont need sights at all:

aimdemotivationalposter.jpg

'FireKnife'

My only thoughts are, what do they offer that a normal L85 handguard wouldn't?

The first one looks uncomfortable as sin and wobbly as a wobbly thing on a rollercoster.

The second one is an improvement but if you had a UGL attached to it why would yo remove it? Surely the extra firepower would be a huge asset.

If you want to make a fiction weapons for a hypothetical loadout then I think a bit more than a hour and some cable ties is needed to get something that looks good. Either look at fabricating something using the L85 as a base or doe some realistic "adaptations" to the stock L85.

Stick with Iron sight (as was said) looks more the part than optics as there would be less to go wrong and how easy would it be to find button cells in a wasteland? Gaffa tape a torch and/or laser to the barrel, and maybe fine a small RIS rail to attach to mount a grip on but other than that I would leave it alone.

theres two types of resistance fighter that people see to be thinking of the resistance fighter of revolution and so forth and the scifi one like at the start of t2 im going for the scifi one im glad you think its a SHITBOX Darklite ,dose it need to be anymore usefull than what it dose ..shoot and work.

Just a heads up it's DOES.

Dose is a suggested amount to be administered usually referring to medicine.

If your gonna build a hater baiter then get some body filler and hours clocked up and really go for it.

Like I did...

12082008169.jpg

AK purists ###### blood at the mere sight of it!

Lubx

nice! not sure about the grip though, looks a bit square, but that could just be me or the photo!! how does it feel?

Also What kind of barrel/suppressor is that your using on it? I keep seeing them and thinking its a flashlight thats fit in a way to allow ammo through it! :D

theres two types of resistance fighter that people see to be thinking of the resistance fighter of revolution and so forth and the scifi one like at the start of t2 im going for the scifi one im glad you think its a SHITBOX Darklite ,dose it need to be anymore usefull than what it dose ..shoot and work.

Oh I see! I'm sorry, as I thought from the title of "Resistance Fighter" your rifle was supposed to be something a real resistance fighter would use, not the apparently retarded future resistance fighters you seem to subscribe to. Is the inability to spell or use grammar part of the retarded future resistance fighter spiel (along with a lack of understanding of logical process and ergonomics) or is that just you?

AK purists ###### blood at the mere sight of it!

Lubx

You see, this is both practical and could be "futuristic". The stock makes the "futuristic" bit, and the modifcations (selector arm mod, front grip and laser) make the "practical" look work.

My only thoughts are, what do they offer that a normal L85 handguard wouldn't?

The first one looks uncomfortable as sin and wobbly as a wobbly thing on a rollercoster.

The second one is an improvement but if you had a UGL attached to it why would yo remove it? Surely the extra firepower would be a huge asset.

If you want to make a fiction weapons for a hypothetical loadout then I think a bit more than a hour and some cable ties is needed to get something that looks good. Either look at fabricating something using the L85 as a base or doe some realistic "adaptations" to the stock L85.

Stick with Iron sight (as was said) looks more the part than optics as there would be less to go wrong and how easy would it be to find button cells in a wasteland? Gaffa tape a torch and/or laser to the barrel, and maybe fine a small RIS rail to attach to mount a grip on but other than that I would leave it alone.

i had tacken the UGL off if i had left it on and still posted it might have been " its just an l85 with the UGL on " .. my thinking of tacking it off was what if it was broken? would you want to lug around something that was broken and you couldent use. same goes with the susat

Oh I see! I'm sorry, as I thought from the title of "Resistance Fighter" your rifle was supposed to be something a real resistance fighter would use, not the apparently retarded future resistance fighters you seem to subscribe to. Is the inability to spell or use grammar part of the retarded future resistance fighter spiel (along with a lack of understanding of logical process and ergonomics) or is that just you?

You see, this is both practical and could be "futuristic". The stock makes the "futuristic" bit, and the modifcations (selector arm mod, front grip and laser) make the "practical" look work.

what is your problem what have i done to you . You clicked on the topic ,you decided to post , why do you keep coming back .

that was my first idea but the g36 handgurad will not fit its not wide enought for it to over lap

Overlap the barrel, gas block or handguard? If things don't fit as the are (and they normally shouldn't being made for different guns) then you put them under the knife.

Like I did...

*pic of sl-ak*

I'd tap that.

Im afraid what the others has said is true. If you want a sci fi feel to it why not do it like they have in the BBC show "outcasts" paint the plastic white and most of all put irons and beat the paint job to buggery to add that worn look.

Also making it longer would seem to be the reverse of what you would need to do especially to the L85 which already has a long barrel.

Renegadecow, i actually quite like your version!

Also if someone said resistance fighter to people i think they would be in for more than a little ridicule.

Darklite, be nice to the little people, also looks like we shall have cack weather at the weekend :(

Im afraid what the others has said is true. If you want a sci fi feel to it why not do it like they have in the BBC show "outcasts" paint the plastic white and most of all put irons and beat the paint job to buggery to add that worn look.

Also making it longer would seem to be the reverse of what you would need to do especially to the L85 which already has a long barrel.

Renegadecow, i actually quite like your version!

Also if someone said resistance fighter to people i think they would be in for more than a little ridicule.

Darklite, be nice to the little people, also looks like we shall have cack weather at the weekend :(

Outcasts is hilarious - the best actor in the series is killed in the pilot episode, and then it just becomes a massive rip-off of BSG. Also I suspect the Orange and white guns are just because they couldn't convince an airsoft retailer that they were film-makers - the L85s are all ARMY clones and the glocks all seem to be KWA M17s. The only blank firer they have is the USP in the pilot, which is just black.

Guest msrundle

Outcasts is hilarious - the best actor in the series is killed in the pilot episode, and then it just becomes a massive rip-off of BSG. Also I suspect the Orange and white guns are just because they couldn't convince an airsoft retailer that they were film-makers - the L85s are all ARMY clones and the glocks all seem to be KWA M17s. The only blank firer they have is the USP in the pilot, which is just black.

I did a very nasty review of that pathetic excuse for a drama. It was a clone of Battlestar, only with complete tossers who didn't make sense. Jamie Bamber was the only decent character/actor, and they capped him 45 minutes in.

big up the colchester-and-surrounding-areas massive!

seriously though, it does look a bit daft and pointless. if i were to make a resistance/guerrilla style weapon out of an L85 i'd probably cut the barrel back to the end of the handguard, beat the hell out of it, possibly spray the furniture black and attach a torch and VFG either with some screwed on rails or duct tape.

i'm not being harsh or anything, just saying my opinion. at the end of the day if you're happy why do you need our approval?

big up the colchester-and-surrounding-areas massive!

seriously though, it does look a bit daft and pointless. if i were to make a resistance/guerrilla style weapon out of an L85 i'd probably cut the barrel back to the end of the handguard, beat the hell out of it, possibly spray the furniture black and attach a torch and VFG either with some screwed on rails or duct tape.

i'm not being harsh or anything, just saying my opinion. at the end of the day if you're happy why do you need our approval?

lol im not sure im after approval just wanted to see what people said

Thing is, you haven't liked what people have said. You also didn't make it clear until half way through the thread that you was going for a 'futuristic' resistance fighter.

i did not like being called a retard dont think anyone would like that for trying something

Welcome to the internet. Listen, don't take it too seriously when someone slings insults at you online that you'd normally answer back to in fists if said to your face.

That aside, what are you going to do now with your project? Is it done or are you gonna make something out of what some people have said?

All i can say is would not taking the original gun, with or without optics, and taking it to a skirmish to get scratched and beaten be an example of a resistance fighter gun?

Most of the examples i have seen are of guns that are standard stock with lots of chipped paint and smeared dirt on them to make them looks used and abused.

Adding the rail and other parts seems someone pointless to me.

'FireKnife'

All i can say is would not taking the original gun, with or without optics, and taking it to a skirmish to get scratched and beaten be an example of a resistance fighter gun?

Most of the examples i have seen are of guns that are standard stock with lots of chipped paint and smeared dirt on them to make them looks used and abused.

Adding the rail and other parts seems someone pointless to me.

'FireKnife'

Its got quite a bit of rust on,, the pic doesn't show it its definitely scrached and beaten

Archived