Cybergun Masada By MagpulPTS?

Dreamer777

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Cybergun added licensing charges, that's an additional cost. If Magpul added a charge, that's another. If this is an A&K, then why isn't it listed under Redwolf's A&K products list, and IS the ONLY thing listed under Cybergun? Did Cybergun "threaten" Redwolf with legal action? Did they have to sign a non-disclosure agreement as part of their contract-to-sell?

Make up your own mind. I don't really care.

THUMPS...OVER

Okay, this is interesting and yes I'm being slightly childish here. On another website, Thumpy says he never doubted it was by A&K. But the above statement by him, would suggest otherwise.

If a person gets annoyed with another person, at least have the common decency to inform said person to their face/computer monitor...

though admittedly anyone who signs his posts like a pre-teen who's just read a book on radio transmission terminology* nets very little respect from me in the first place.

*Seriously, it's a *fruitcage* post on an internet forum, not a meta-literary in joke about the resemblance of one medium to another.

^This.

I find it pretty amusing that a commercial user on this forum who regularly advertises his blog on this forum would then go and slag people off on this forum on the blog he keeps advertising to us... or maybe he just doesn't expect us to read it.

Having said that reading that did hurt my eyes a bit. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE IN CAPITALS? IT GETS REALLY IRRITATING TO READ AFTER TWO SENTENCES.

^This.

I find it pretty amusing that a commercial user on this forum who regularly advertises his blog on this forum would then go and slag people off on this forum on the blog he keeps advertising to us... or maybe he just doesn't expect us to read it.

Having said that reading that did hurt my eyes a bit. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE IN CAPITALS? IT GETS REALLY IRRITATING TO READ AFTER TWO PARAGRAPHS.

You can last two paragraphs?

Wow.

Bwahah. I'm sorry, but I've just lost all respect for Thumpy - though admittedly anyone who signs his posts like a pre-teen who's just read a book on radio transmission terminology* nets very little respect from me in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJCfUm21BsI

Perhaps he doesn't realise that some people think he comes across as thinking of himself as the 'Tanio Koba' of airsoft reporting? Although judging from this thread it's a lot more than just the people I talk to who think that, his posts on Facebook do reinforce the view that he is very childish though, plus the heavy use of capslock is hugely annoying!

Reading what Thumpy has posted on fasebewk makes me scratch me head. Did I not make it clear that I had contacted both Redwolf and PTS and I was going to update when I heard back? Also his little spat about people on the forum isn't going to improve peoples views on him in the slightest.

YOU JUST DON'T REALIZE HOW INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT THUMPY IS TO AIRSOFT. WITHOUT HIS EMAILS TO RETAILERS AND DISTRIBUTORS AND HIS VISITS TO SHOWS AND CONVENTIONS, WHO KNOWS HOW LONG IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN FOR THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY TO COLLAPSE, CHOKING TO DEATH ON A MIXTURE OF VOMIT AND THE TONGUES OF ABORTED CHILDREN?

DARKLITE....OUT.

In other news, the fact that Cybergun might be trying to gain the copyright for Magpul PTS stuff is a bit worrying.

Comon guys - as much as I am not too fond of Thumpy's blogs, he's a good and friendly guy in person, as I'm sure everyone one is here. No need to start with personal attacks and whatnot.

In other news, the fact that Cybergun might be trying to gain the copyright for Magpul PTS stuff is a bit worrying.

Aww hell no.

YOU JUST DON'T REALIZE HOW INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT THUMPY IS TO AIRSOFT. WITHOUT HIS EMAILS TO RETAILERS AND DISTRIBUTORS AND HIS VISITS TO SHOWS AND CONVENTIONS, WHO KNOWS HOW LONG IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN FOR THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY TO COLLAPSE, CHOKING TO DEATH ON A MIXTURE OF VOMIT AND THE TONGUES OF ABORTED CHILDREN?

DARKLITE....OUT.

Ive been on 4CHAN for years, Tryharder Darklite And Thumpys *trollf@ac3*

But bckon the seruios topic - any news on Redwolf? if not, then fellow airsofters yell SHanaigans aT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE AND START LOOTTING AD BAETING EVERYONE AT CYBERGUN CO. URA!

And im SURE Thumpy is makeign a goodpoint i guess, or trying to but used the wrong words.

Like I said Mike. The email I got back from PTS basically sounded like "We dont give a *suitcase* aslong as they give us money"

Are they (Cybergun) bribing with a fistful of dollars, eh? I won't be surprise if this is the legal/commercial version for addict someone with crack.

See ya! []'s

Personally I would quite like to see the entire Cybergun board of directors self immolate whilst ###### razor-wire, along with Umarex. This episode just shows them for the greedy, immoral, incandescent c**k-sockets they are.

*so, this one product has just set aflame a debate on what the *fruitcage* is Cyber*fruitcage*ed is good for, its OMG like MW2 this is one *fruitcage* product is an the new russian, now *fruitcage* good ol' airsoft lovers join in an armada, will have to fight aginst cyberfag and uberfail and thier army of Lawyers, *suitcasey* paint and 10 your old COD kiddies and thier cheap 420 hand flingers!

**Gentlemen, grab your goggles and lock and load. Were starting a petion on cybergun.

And yes Thumpy -your still invited.

* this is a joke, altough it could happen

** seriosuly we should

Indeed. If that's the case, should we be ready for $90 Pmags? I'm starting to feel more justified about buying ACM Magpul knockoffs. Or if it comes to that kind of price point, I'll buy Magpul stuff for real steel, if I do buy Magpul.

When I can, I buy the real deal Magpul parts anyways. A lot of the time, it is cheaper than the PTS counter-part. eBay has my thanks for that.

The only time I ever buy into the Magpul PTS lineup is when it is something that is proprietary in airsoft; like motor grips, PMAGs, etc.

However, if Cybergun takes over most of Magpul PTS' lineup and charges out the *albatross* for it, I doubt the 'Magpul' trend will last much longer for the airsoft community.

Cheers,

Ex

......over. huh.gif

Like I said Mike. The email I got back from PTS basically sounded like "We dont give a *suitcase* aslong as they give us money"

I'd very much like to see that email.

PTS licensed a product to be made using their copyright. When a third party is licensed to use a copyright, it is within the licensee's right to charge whatever amount they choose. That is very common regardless of the industry, be it Airsoft or otherwise. A copyright holder can suggest to the third party a price that would be appropriate for the product, but it's rare in this industry that that price can be forced onto the third party. WA, KA, G&P, VFC, A&K, Beta Project are among the many third party companies that have been licensed to use the Magpul PTS copyright on select items. Sometimes the licensing fee is a flat sum, sometimes it's a percentage of the gross, etc. Each deal is different. That said, in this particular circumstance, I would strongly encourage consumers to show their position in this matter using the one method that truly does resonate with companies like Cybergun ... your wallets. Their focus is the bottom line, how much they make in sales. If you don't buy their product, they'll learn this isn't something that they can expect to profit from. I will tell you this much, Cybergun absolutely 110% could care less about the complaints here. The company is HUGE. Your best offense in this situation is to save your money and get the word out.

Onto the rest of the rumor-mill fodder. Cybergun does not own PTS. They do not control PTS. They do buy a lot of PTS product. As do several independent distributors around the world. Cybergun simply has a sizable global buying influence, but not an exclusive influence. Japan has Access-Overseas, the UK has EdgarBrothers, Italy has T&T. The rest of Europe is distributed by Cybergun. None of that has changed. And while Cybergun does now own Spartan Imports in the USA, Spartan Imports is still essentially autonomous. So this one particular hiccup ($638 for what appears to be a rebranded A&K OEM Masada) is not indicative of things to come. At the end of the day distributors like Spartan Imports still have to make sales and cover their margins. Marking up the PTS products past the current asking price isn't going to achieve that. I see what Cybergun is doing here is more of an experiment ... how far can they use (abuse?) another company's brand in order to maximize profit?

I would however like to see Redwolf Airsoft clarify in their product listing that this is NOT the current generation Magpul PTS ACR/Masada. Redwolf certainly appears to be misrepresenting the product through omission which IMO is deception via feigned ignorance. Regardless of who made it, make sure it's clear to potential buyers what it isn't.

<snip>

I would however like to see Redwolf Airsoft clarify in their product listing that this is NOT the current generation Magpul PTS ACR/Masada. Redwolf certainly appears to be misrepresenting the product through omission which IMO is deception via feigned ignorance. Regardless of who made it, make sure it's clear to potential buyers what it isn't.

Are MagPul going to be taking any action on this themselves or simply playing blind as not to upset cybergun?

Hmm gee, I wonder will they point out that the guns are available from other distributors for half the price to the peeps that own their biggest distributors in the US, or will they just keep taking in that licence fee they get from A&K for every one of them sold...

Archived