UKSF Loadouts

Alezi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be inclined to say no, if only on the grounds that their faces haven't been obscured (which I believe is a requirement for all photos of UKSF). The guns are, at least base, likely to be actual C8s however whether the Magpul attachments are actually being used in theatre or are simply there for advertisement (as Level Peaks is the UK dist. of Magpul) is unclear. They're also the UK dist. of Crye, hence the loadouts.

Stupid question, and this may be the wrong crowd, but flecktarn.co.uk's size chart isn't helping an awful lot.

How does one read UK sizes for uniforms? ie: 190/96

Much thanks!

EDIT: I think I've got it worked out, now. But confirmation would be nice.

The first number is the height of the individual in question (in cm) and the second number is their chest size (again, in cm). Correct?

hey guys,

So i have been using my UKSF (i use the term loosely as i have a long way to go. no doubt everyone will tell me this anyway) for a couple of game days now, and i thought i would put up the only 2 pics i have of it.

Please take no notice of the weapon. Since i found out that perr_mike does not have any 16" barrel extensions i have sort of put that project on hold. Also, i would have prefered not to wear the DPM shirt, but it was too cold to go with just my green base layer.

let the flaming begin!

edit: wtf, sorry about the format of this one. its not much different than the one below.

there are many things that i will be changing, but lets see what you guys say first. Keep in mind that I am going for a green side/ long range patrol loadout for early a'stan

i meant greenside as opposed to DA. and i disagree about the "has to be civi" http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sbs/afghan/bh055.jpg

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/afghan/uksasa.jpg

They may not be from early A'stan, but you get the idea.

edit: sorry, missed Murta's post. please excuse me but, craghoppers?

2nd edit: google is my friend. yeah i could use those. i actually have a pair of old black portwest trousers, a la http://safeandwarm.co.uk/prod_images/12060292.jpg

they are quite worn out so i guess i could retire them to dirty-duty.

i meant greenside as opposed to DA. and i disagree about the "has to be civi"

Did I say has to be? No. What I said was mostly. And if you are aiming for a early A'satn look surely you should be looking at references form 2001/2. Most pictures of the SBS I have seen form that time have them in civi hiking kit with bergans and PLCE.

+1 for the Cragghoppers though I own about 6 pairs and live in them as they are so comfy.

didnt mean to cause offence, its just that everytime someone mentions SF, they always follow it up with civi kit.

the craghoppers do look good, but on a practical side, my DPMs are super easy to wash and i dont care what happens to them at all. I will look around some shops tomorrow when i am at work as i am in no rush to buy stuff atm.

Thanks for the advice guys.

no they dont :P , just from what we have seen of your loadout it appears you are going for an early afghan look with the pakol and stuff and its known that the SBS used alot of hiking kit over all mil kit

its still rumored that the sbs knock about in hiking kit with a light weight plate carrier while the sas seem to prefer rocking round in multicam and more high speed plate carriers

for full greenside , i would get some tropical dpm pants , and hike mod out your PLCE and ditch the pakol for a bush hat

were not trying to bash you in fairness just give you advise on how to push your loadout forward

Im coming round to the idea of hiking trousers. i think the ones i have atm are not really suitable, and they are black which i refuse to wear for "tactical" reasons.

would a tan molle chest rig be more suitable than PLCE? im only speculating because i have one sitting unused in my room...

edit: also, the pakol is staying. i love it :)

Depends what era you are looking to do an impression of. Its better to pick an era and then tailor your kit to that rather than mash stuff together.

Not seen much Tan MOLLE kit being used buy UKSF troops, most seems to be SG, OD or MC.

For early A'stan you kind of need to be looking at low key military and hiking kit. However I understand its a bit different now with more camo and body armour on show.

I did try and link some pics but it won't let me. I will dig them out another time.

if you wanna keep the pakol go for an afghan look , its cool and very comfy some od elephant or the tan craghoppers will do well. molle kit wasnt really around in the period you seem to be now aiming for. even delta and the seals were still using lbv vests and solid chest rigs it was about 2003 that molle came into swing unless you bodge your plce pouches onto it and make it out as a custom jobbie

Archived