Battlefield 2

Shao14

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really new, but if you haven't seen trailer 3 on this site, http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=46

you don't know what you are missing!  Just go with the high quality version, trust me, it's worth your time. ;)

I bet somebody'll start another Battlefield 2 thread again sometime in the future. :P

Pre-OWNZORED. At EB games.

:P

Reminds me of Starcraft kinda, with the three races and all...

Or C&C: Generals, but this is FPS.  And I am very interested in the gameplay recording and editing function of the game.  I wish Raven Shield still lets you save the gameplay recording.

There's always Commander Mode. :P

Yeah, the recording feature is going to be absolutely awesome.

Of course, we'll get deluged with the thousands of music videos of U.S. Marines against a background of Rammstein and Disturbed, but there'll be some good gems among em.

Can't wait to make a "best hits" reel. :D

Not too bothered TBH.

I will most probably buy it at some point in the next few months, but I'm not in any rush.

After seeing some recent screen shots I was less than impressed with the graphics on a higher end system running an Ati card. It fact OFP with all the recent updates and community mods has more eye candy.

Plus the whole BF series does feel very arcade like to me, and although it's nice to play a no thought required run & gun game once in a while, it's not something I'm going to rush out and buy.

Not too bothered TBH.

I will most probably buy it at some point in the next few months, but I'm not in any rush.

After seeing some recent screen shots I was less than impressed with the graphics on a higher end system running an Ati card.  It fact OFP with all the recent updates and community mods has more eye candy.

Plus the whole BF series does feel very arcade like to me, and although it's nice to play a no thought required run & gun game once in a while, it's not something I'm going to rush out and buy.

Though Eddie is right, that's the risk with the BF series, there's still room for playing it nicely, and I do look forward to this new title as well.

I'll get it, hope I won't be disappointed.

The ONLY game that hasn't disappointed me yet - and it's tough to master if not impossible - is America's Army (never tried OP though, and I'm grwoing interested).

Eddie, was thinking, is there one major site I could look up into to see the latest OP frills?

Not too bothered TBH.

After seeing some recent screen shots I was less than impressed with the graphics on a higher end system running an Ati card.  It fact OFP with all the recent updates and community mods has more eye candy.

I'm not interested in the game myself, but the promised video editer could be a killer app, and we may see some professionally made films out of it. :) Maybe someone will even make one for the silver screen.

Eddie, was thinking, is there one major site I could look up into to see the latest OP frills?

Well off the top of my head mate.

www.ofpec.com - Good editing site with forums, mostly addons etc

www.opflashpoint.org - my fav site - addons , news, mods and fourms.

There really are loads of sites all over the world in just about every language for OFP, but those are the 2 best that I remember off the top of my head.

(Eddie is still waiting for marlowe to turn up and start OFP bashing :P )

Well off the top of my head mate.

www.ofpec.com  - Good editing site with forums, mostly addons etc

www.opflashpoint.org - my fav site - addons , news, mods and fourms.

There really are loads of sites all over the world in just about every language for OFP, but those are the 2 best that I remember off the top of my head.

(Eddie is still waiting for marlowe to turn up and start OFP bashing  :P )

tY mate!

Going to check now.

Pfft, you traitor Eddie. That's the last time I play Desert Combat with you, southern nonce! :D

I've already pre-ordered it. I suspect it may necessitate a whole new system though, as the Radeon 9800 pro probably will struggle to do it justice, and I can't justify spending £300 on a graphics card which I won't be able to place in a new PC...:(

I knew you'd pop up sooner or later. :D

Naa, I do enjoy games like BF, sometimes I just can't be bothered spending 3 hours playing just one mission (sometimes half of that time just getting to the objectives and setting up OP's etc and not firing a shot.

There are times when a bit of mindless blasting of virtual white hot lead is just what you need. Knowing me, although I don't plan on it, I'll end up getting BF2 very soon after release. I've got enough store credit and old games to trade in at gamestaion to get it for pretty much nothing anyway.

ok, dont beat with me with a stick for saying this, im only forwarding what i have heard

some testing guy in taiwan is testing the game with X700 and he have major artifact (spell?) with the most recent driver, that was his last log in his testing. and he said simialr reports are heard about ATI cards having problems.

source : http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?ti...&extra=page%3D1

according to the first source, the driver is included on the CD/DVD (the one with artifact with X700)

source 2 : http://www.bf1942.idv.tw/modules/ipboard/i...?showtopic=1347

this is X800XL running between 30-40fps

and 6800Ultra SLi running between 60-70fps

trailer at high quality : http://soc.cdpa.nsysu.edu.tw/Battlefield/B...r_high_divx.rar

opening of the game : http://soc.cdpa.nsysu.edu.tw/Battlefield/B...bf2_op_high.zip

---------------------------------

so i guess i have to wait for a little before getting it, since my whole house is filled wiht radeons :huh:

No real surprise there I'm afraid. Increasingly publishers are getting in bed with either ATI and Nvidia, and in EA Games' case, Nvidia are their bed-buddies. The result is engines optimised for Nvidia based cards.

However, I'm fairly sure that two 6800 Ultras in SLI mode (2 cards connected together for those who aren't old enough to remember voodoo2 cards...), compared to a single mid-range X800XL is far from a balanced comparison. Try it against something in the same price range like um...Oh, that's right. There isn't any ATI card so expensive yet. That'll change with Crossfire though... :rolleyes:

Edit: I can't read Mandarin/Cantonese, but I'm willing to bet that their benchmarks are taken at VERY high resolutions that most of us here won't play in, with AS and AA maxed out. My reason for saying that is that SLI should achieve a far greater FPS in BF2 if not, and that 60-70fps is in line with the performance in other current titles such as Farcry when AA AS and resolution are maxed out.

If you go take a look on tomshardware, you'll notice from the vga charts that most ATI cards perform similarly with AS and AA removed - it's only when they're activated that the real difference in performance is made apparent. The only reason I'm looking at upgrading is because I like my games to be as beautiful as possible - but even I turn off most eye candy options when playing online. It doesn't pay off to have a slow game when playing with others. :)

I am obsessed with this release.

I'm even buying a new video card for it :D

Radeon X800XTPE

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102519

It's the single most powerful card on the market.

I'm seriously considerng a whole new system for it mate, as if I spend £300 on a new agp card, when I need to upgrade the remainder of the system the card won't be able to be ported across.

Oh, and look for the X850XT PE. THAT'S the fastest ATI card on the market. Not for much longer though - part of the reason I'm holding on is to see when they're releasing the new Radeon cards. Plus the Nvidia SLI and Radeon Crossfire twin card solutions will of course offer ultimate performance if you really are trying to compensate for something.

However, I don't want to go overboard. So just a single card for me...^_^

Oh, and look for the X850XT PE. THAT'S the fastest ATI card on the market.

That was a X800XT PE.

Made by sapphire, same thing (exact same thing), but not as expensive. The ATI branded card is $490, while the one I'm getting is $450. I checked the specs too, exact same...

That was a X800XT PE.

Made by sapphire, same thing (exact same thing), but not as expensive. The ATI branded card is $490, while the one I'm getting is $450. I checked the specs too, exact same...

I beg to differ.

I've checked also. For your information:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/X800PCI_Series.html

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/X850_Series.html

The X850XT PE is the faster card by far, which I believe you will be able to varify by looking at appropriate benchmarks on Toms Hardware's VGA charts. If you want the X800XT PE, that's great, and go for it. If you want what you claim is the 'fastest card', the X850XT PE' will for another few months be the fastest ATI single card solution.

Edit: Link can be found here.

Hope that's of some help. :)

Archived