Battlefield 2

Shao14

While we're discussing it, can anyone figure out a way to unbind the numpad keys either in or out of game? I've tried the old BF commands in the console without success, and removing the numpad values from common.com seems to be unsuccessful either. I wouldn't ask but I'm left handed, and so use the numpad for directional keys, etc....:(

Its been done mate. Dont where exactly, but searching you should find here

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefie...um.asp?fid=7419

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some screenies of the weaps.

The G36c is my favorite, next to the PKM and L85A1 (but I never play support or medic :P).

screen000.png

screen003.png

screen006.png

screen008.png

screen010.png

screen013.png

Also, look at this:

screen014.png

DICE could've at least asked someone who knew how to hold a gun. :P

If you can't see, he's holding his left hand underneath the gun, with the mag seated on his palm. That little lump there is his thumb.

The game is unrealistic... but otherwise feels like Joint ops + Desert Combat. Anyways I own in a well made russian aircraft (BOMB BOMB BOMB!). Too many retards playing too, if someone wants to start and airsoft server or designate someone server for us to plunder. There welcome to.

######. i can't play this demo for some stupid reason. it'll boot up, give me the EA and dice business and all that, then it'll go to the SP or MP screen, and nothing happens when i click on either. then messages start popping up saying my display has changed to software rendering or some such poppycock. and it'll say that like six times. sometimes i'll get past the selection screeen, then the screen goes black with the little "2" cursor for a while, presumably loading. then the cursor and music stop, and i think it's suposed to be in game, but i just see a black screen.

my GFX card is an ATI 9250. any help?

Is your graphics card PCI? If so that is your problem. The 9250 is a prett weak card hampered by a even weaker interface. I don't think battlefield 2 has support for PCI-Video cards (i've heard a few complaints).

ATI has optimized pixel shaders for a few % performance, but nothing TOO big (except in doom 3)

I played it for a good few hours last night. Got my self into a squad that new what they were doing all with voice comms and I was instantly hooked. Calling in for orders requesting supplies and artilery support. I shall be getting it as soon as it comes out

Cheers solo, your link helped me fix enough of my controls to get it working. :)

Hrm, well, I've been playing it more, and it's grown on me a great deal. Even on a two year old graphics card the game runs very smoothly in medium setting (with high sound - my graphics card is a little newer, thankfully..).

The squad system works incredibly well when used responsibly. I've just finished a 2 hour game with Ubar, Eddie182 and Swifty, and when we worked together as a team the game was excellent. It was effectively a more accessible AAO. I reprised my role as a medic, Ubar went Anti-tank, Eddie Gunner (I think) and Swifty Gunner/Sniper. The resulting mix of classes complemented each other very well, and by working together (And the constant reviving of downed comrades) we seemed to do quite well!

It's definitely going to be worth the price tag for anyone who's system is 2 years old or under. I suspect because it runs so smoothly that I may wait until the end of the year and buy the core parts of a new system, but it's so playable in its current form on my current pc that I think I I don't need to rush to upgrade. :)

Was about to say that.

I'm torn atm, as my Comp has great specs apart from the Video card...

When is the next generation of ATi cards coming out? Hopefully the x800XTPE will be less expensive then.

its great, but on my geforce 5200 its like a slide show even on low settings.

whats the recommended geforce card to get [i'm not considering an ati] thats also not too expensive?

btw, i love ofp and did love aa whilst i was into it. but this looks like good atmospheric fun - a bit like full spectrum warrior in that respect without the inane ai and ###### gameplay..

dammit. when will they ever learn?

'headshots the only sure stopper, sport!'

- do we all wear invisible level 3 ballistic helmets?

Ok ok, lemme just post a few of EA's required and recommended specifications....

Graphics Cards - REQUIRED Geforce FX 5700 or up, ATI Radeon 8500 or up.

You can run this game on lower end Fx's, but like oik oik said...it'll play like a slide show. At the moment, the geforce 4 series is not supported whatsoever (Including the Ti line as the game requires Pixel shader 1.4 or higher support).

As for recommended cards...I know US Prices.

Good AGP card would be the ATI X800 XT All-in-Wonder for only $300 @ Dell's Small Buisness Section (This is about $200 off MSRP). Followed by a EVGA 6800 GT for $300 @ Amazon.com

The Geforce 6800 Non-Ultra can be had for only $190 @ Newegg.com which I think is better than the 6600 GT (Although You can get that for as little as $145).

If you're really in a strain, get a ATI 9600 Pro which can be had for only $70 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...1337275&CatId=0

So yep. Thats my list of recommended cards.

yeah, most places i search, if youre on a budget [me!] and want to go the nvidia route [who ea games seem to support] then the 6600GT [specifically, the GT - i think the normal 6600 is 64bit whereas the GT is 128bit and makes a big difference] is the way to go.

i'll be going that route unless i get flush and can afford a 6800...

Ok ok, lemme just post a few of EA's required and recommended specifications....

Graphics Cards - REQUIRED  Geforce FX 5700 or up, ATI Radeon 8500 or up.

You can run this game on lower end Fx's, but like oik oik said...it'll play like a slide show. At the moment, the geforce 4 series is not supported whatsoever (Including the Ti line as the game requires Pixel shader 1.4 or higher support).

As for recommended cards...I know US Prices.

Good AGP card would be the ATI X800 XT All-in-Wonder for only $300 @ Dell's Small Buisness Section (This is about $200 off MSRP). Followed by a EVGA 6800 GT for $300 @ Amazon.com

The Geforce 6800 Non-Ultra can be had for only $190 @ Newegg.com which I think is better than the 6600 GT (Although You can get that for as little as $145).

If you're really in a strain, get a ATI 9600 Pro which can be had for only $70 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...1337275&CatId=0

So yep. Thats my list of recommended cards.

I have a ATi Radeon 9200 Pro with 128mb memory and a P4 3.0 with hyper threading, 512mb ram and a 160GB hard drive, running Windows XP home with a 6megabyte/sec broadband connection.

YET IT DOESN"T WORK.

I still find it incredible that Bf2 supports a ati 8500 but not a 9200

Dark, you need a new card bro. Yours does not support pixel shader 1.4, if anyone has a Gforce4 it wont run on that either.

EDIT: I forund a fix you guys should try.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefie...tid=1669738&p=1

EDIT: Wait no, looks like when it tries to optimise shaders when loading a map it crashes. The tread is long maybe theres a real fix in there somewhere.

Archived