Battlefield 2

Shao14

I happen to have the X850XT,

and it's a lovely card in fact.

Very curious to see how it's goin gto perform with BF2 though.

Me too! I'd be grateful to hear how you find it with BF2. It might help me decide once and for all whether to just get the AGP X850XT PE, or a whole new system...:(

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this game is gonna be awesome. i havent rea any info on it though.

i hope they include some UK forces/equipment in the game.

this and the new rainbow 6 is what i am waiting for....

No only USA, Middle east and China, whichis dumb where is the uk. Maybe they should have had the allies not just USA....typical narrow minded americans.

No only USA, Middle east and China, whichis dumb where is the uk. Maybe they should have had the allies not just USA....typical narrow minded americans.

Well why shouldnt they be? they won the second world war the first world war and the crusades all singlehandedly! <_<

You forgot to mention that they solved world hunger, prevented all other countries from polluting the world, never use their military strength to get involved in the disputes of third world countries, and are also incredibly modest with a strong passion for seeing that reconstructions of historical events are perfectly accurate... :rolleyes:

BF 2 should be called DC 1.0 FINAL(made by the same team an all). I played DC to death (and was even in the top 400players).

Getting a computer at all at this point is a waste of money, wait till PS3 comes out and then own it with a new rig.

MEh, Excluding Tactical Nuclear or Biological warfare, China would so easily win.

Until they get to the UK, which would boot thier arses back to the stone age.

Just out of interest, what would you classify Scottish Bagpipers as?

Biological, Chemical or Psychological warfare?

I hope to have my X850XT Platnum Edidtion by the time it is released.

beg to differ.

I've checked also. For your information:

OH! HAHAHHAHA!

If you check the link, it does say X850XT PE.

I just forgot what the model of the card was. LOL!

I hope to have my X850XT Platnum Edidtion by the time it is released.

OH! HAHAHHAHA!

If you check the link, it does say X850XT PE.

I just forgot what the model of the card was. LOL!

Hehe, glad you saw what I meant at least. I wasn't trying to be arsey with you, but just didn't want you to spend so much on a card, then realise it wasn't the top spec one.

Oh! Here's something of interest:

We were also very nervous about the game's performance, but it ran well at high detail on a 3GHz machine with an older Radeon 9800 Pro video card. However, you will definitely want to beef up on your memory, as this is definitely a game that could use it. Our test systems had more than 1GB of RAM, and even then load times were fairly long.

Taken from the Gamespot final preview. Judging from the screenshots however, it does have no anti-aliasing used, which *DOES* suggest that I was right about it being playable on a Rad 9800 pro - albeit with AA turned off! :)

BTW guys,

does anyone of you know if and where there's a place to download games (paying, naturally).

I am looking for battlefield vietnam, but no store has it here anymore. So I'd like to LEGALLY own a copy but I'm unsure whether there is a service that allows you to donwload a game "per pay".

Thanks.

I'm afraid not Solo, although I *really* wouldn't reccommend it. I regret every buying it.  :(

Thanks mate.

Main reason was to try and get acquainted with the style of play of the BF series before I get BF2 (which I'll hopefully get the same day it's out, though I doubt it, here in Italy... rolling eyes).

Driving choppers around and jets *shouldn't* be very different from what it is in BFV, and also that review on gamespot mentioned it. So it's good exercise.

Besides it, I am really tired of playing America's Army. Been playing it for the past year, but the fragrate tracked, all the hackers/cheaters (really there) and various paranoias really made it become almost a nightmare. No more fun.

I sense BF2 and BFV are much more "free fun" in the sense that they let you play with a lighter spirit if you know what I mean.

Anyway, doesnt matter. Will keep you updated on that 850 thing, wont forget.

Thanks anyways mate.

We were also very nervous about the game's performance, but it ran well at high detail on a 3GHz machine with an older Radeon 9800 Pro video card. However, you will definitely want to beef up on your memory, as this is definitely a game that could use it. Our test systems had more than 1GB of RAM, and even then load times were fairly long.

I guess ram gets added to my list too... :P

Archived