Airsoft Site Safezone Robbed

FeeFyeFoeFum

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As promised here is a list of the airsoft kit taken from the Gunman Safezone yesterday. Several phones, watches, wallets,etc were also taken, 2 of the wallets have already been recovered (empty of cash, but with cards still within). One was recovered in Tuddenham, the other in Newmarket.

TM Spas 12 Shotgun

TM Benelii super 90 full length shotgun, with cheek piece attachment and 12 shells

KJW Glock 23 pistol + spare magazine

ICS M16 A3 Full Metal fitted with Scope, Silencer and Sling

TM Hi-Cappa 5.1 pistol + 2 magazines and pistol case

TM MP5K with 9.6v Battery still inside

Glock 17 and Pistol Case

TM MP5 SD

TM Socom silenced pistol set, in case with 2 magazines

11 TM MP5s with 22 Hi Cap magazines

22,000 bbs

Also taken were 2 propane gas cylinders and a red wilson bag containing various small items of kit (BB’s, 2 Multi tools, Tools Various, 2 Torches, 2 Radios, Knife, 9mm Blanks, Screwdriver set, 2 Magazines, Silicon Spray).

If anyone sees, hears about or is offered any of the above kit, or has any information whatsoever please contact me asap.

Cheers

FeeFyeFoeFum :(

Sid, how is the one guard gonna take photos or read number plates if he has had the *beep* beaten out of him for trying to stop 4 or 5 guys from nicking everybodies toys ?

You obviously misread the bit where I said get a registration number or take pictures as "confront them and attempt to protect the gear and get into a fight"

Aside from that, if somebody does stay in the SZ and they've got an air-horn or whistle (as most marshals have?) then it'd only be 30 seconds or so before 3 dozen concerned airsofters arrived at the SZ.

As long as your guard gives a blat on the horn and then heads towards the rest of the players he's not going to get into trouble.

If your SZ is in a barn then a battery-powered PIR attached to a ferking loud siren might be the way to go.

Course, I guess the thing is that once a game is going then people are going to be back and forward to the SZ all the time.

Looks like these guys knew to appear just as people were walking out to a game.

thats why i rekon they had the van parked up on the road, sent a guy up ahead and waited in the bushes for every 1 to leave on the radio / phone to his mates in the van who then drove up emptied it and left.... thats how i woulda done it.

but the fact they left all of charlie comapny stuff APART from the 3 guys who didnt set up on the table makes me suspect that maybe some1 who was actualy there set the whole thing up, knowing that pissing off charlie company probably isnt a good idea. i really wanted to go play airsoft yesterday and while on my 12 hour shift i was thinking mmm i bet there having a great time right now... ovsbouly i was wrong...

btw guys did the games carry on after the kit was stolen? what sort of time was it?

sid:

i didnt misread what you said. if there was one of us just sitting in the barn looking after the kit with a cuppa (which is how it usually happens), and 5 guys stormed in to nick it all, i would be surprised if the 'guard' didnt get kicked in.

the skirmish zone is a good distance from the SZ. even if you sprinted there as fast as you could with no kit to carry, it would take a couple of minutes. thats if you havent started the game. if you are in the woodland areas or scrubland playing, it could easily take 6 or 7 minutes at a constant full on sprint to get back. and i dont know anybody who can sprint for 6 or 7 minutes flat out.

giving a blat on the horn and running away would probably be done, but thats only if you can see them coming before they get to you. which i doubt would happen. with the configuration of the site and SZ barn and road leading to it, you could get pretty close before you were seen, especially if nobody was actually looking for you.

they definitely knew we weren't there just at the right time.

to Bauer.

it is proper weird that my team (charlie team) kit was relativley unscathed, although we were in a less opportune place for thieves than everybody else. it does reek of somebody there setting it up, and realising we were the 'home' regular team, although unfortunately 3 of us wern't on the team table, and we got robbed. strange.

we had a pistol game after the furore calmed down, because we still wanted to play on. it was scheduled anyways as the last game of the day.

Invest in Bayonets. They attatch to airsoft weapons too! :D

I'd hate to think it was an inside job. I think most people who go have seen how much effort has gone into making it a good site. It would have been incredibly awful thing to do to them after all that work. Poor guys.

Another problem now is people may not want to go to the site anymore, knowing what's gone on.

Ich hasse Verbrecher! Verdammen sie alle!

Well fingers crossed things will still continue on, but will have to see how things sit with JJ and his business. How this may affect insurance, police presence, health and safety issues, anything official that may have gotten wind of this.

Have heard from Steve that the Police want to make a press statement about this. Not sure what they might hope to achieve from this but it wont be good for us, gunman or airsoft in general. Fingers crossed for no long lasting or far reaching ramifications.

:(

Terrible, terrible thing to happen, considering how much airsoft kit costs and how people have worked hard to buy it. Although it wouldn't help I'd be very peeved with the organisers, although it's not really anything you can legislate for, you would never expect this *beep* to happen. I'm going to keep all my kit on my person after reading this.

:busted_blue: ###### cops. what do they hope to acheive? apart form mad panic, and a load of bad press about airsoft?

i can already see the headlines...

"criminals get hold of 11 fully automatic guns! can fire real rounds! shock horror!"

Lol, or it could just be..

"airsoft site robbed, keep an eye out", :P or am I being to kind about the press..ok maybe a more realistic one would be

"DON'T GO OUTSIDE!!"

Well i don't care what it is, I just want this guy top be caught so I can stick some sharp object where the sun don't shine

That sucks... we never had such an experience (btw we're never as numerous as you are, and we play on private fields, but often people come in because our laws doesn't allow blocking a path), and we always come with one or two cars in the safe zone, so heavy stuff and food can be carried easily and stored safely.

Hope you'll find those bastards!

Edit : if there has been only one person in the SZ to watch the guns, there would never have been this matter, as thieves hate witnesses... they would have abort their bad project when seeing somebody was there. Once again, you've got all my airsofter friendship and compassion!

Really sorry to hear about the theft at your site, if it was an inside job cant see the numpty's trying get rid of the stuff on the forums.

As a site owner if any one approach's me with suspect kit I'll pass there details on to you and then the law.

just send me a full list of what was stolen and then we'll look out for it a First & Only Airsoft

Sorry again

Mitch

Regarding the person left to guard the SZ, it would probably work, as the theives were not expecting anyone to be there. Seeing someone there would put them on edge. Then you bloke hits the airhorn, and they haven't a clue what it means. They get scared and run.

it is proper weird that my team (charlie team) kit was relativley unscathed, although we were in a less opportune place for thieves than everybody else. it does reek of somebody there setting it up, and realising we were the 'home' regular team, although unfortunately 3 of us wern't on the team table, and we got robbed. strange.

we had a pistol game after the furore calmed down, because we still wanted to play on. it was scheduled anyways as the last game of the day.

man there was a pistol game? damn i was going to use daves spas too, but then again the pistol game was after the robbery so i wouldnt have been able to.

an inside job i guess your right, i dont think people would just drive past and think airsoft must have some moneys worth in there, then go in and rob the place, the only car i saw that day was that 4x4 that came past the bit where we were playing.

and yes it is a bit weird that charlie company's guns didnt get taken apart from richards and the m3. but then again as you said that may be because they were on a different table.

cheers mate

Flawlesszero

I would personally like to thank each and everyone of you guys for the support that you have shown to Gunman, all of us at Charlie Company, whom regard ourselves as the home team, shall as always fully support all the Gunman staff as we have done in the past. We will NOT let a group of small minded idiots spoil a fantastic site, the Gunman guys go to extreme lengths to give every game that little extra bit of bite.

As someone posted earlier “Airsoft is a game of trust and honesty” these people are not true Airsofters who done this, or could even begin to think they could be.

Charlie Team will be there for the next turn out, so Gunman, if you can get through this and turn out for the next one, we will be there and I will try to get a full 20-team turn out, I have also copied the posting from Gunman on here and added it to our forum.

Good luck guys.

Capt Ronaldo

Charlie Company

Gt. Yarmouth

It's Steve here from Gunman Airsoft - I usually lurk around as I don't have anyhting interesting enough to say, However

I was really impressed by the level of support over this so I wanted you guys to know, I've just got off the phone to the Police and they have made two arrests and recovered two of the stolen guns.

We don't know which guns yet as the Policeman is waiting for Balistics to de-activate the guns (I Kid you not) I explained they were battery powered but I don't think he was up for a technical discussion.

Anyway thanks again and it's good to know I'm part of such a tight community.

All the best Steve

Archived