amateurstuntman

Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

Honestly, besides not being able to go play and being less inclined to get fast food, nothing really has changed all that much (which is either laughable or so sad you wish someone would put me out of existence already).  Job certainly more stressful since the powers that be decided to pull me off the line as a tender and make me hand pour things with practically no training (and this covid business has made them all go made with facemasks and faceshields and too many things that make my forehead sweat), but still just putting along, though I am reluctant to do overtime during this whole crisis as frankly I cannot be arsed to stay longer.  I am finding it hard to enjoy console gaming much at all, nothing seems to spark a long session or anything, and I am worryingly spending more time browsing social media posts.  Haven't done any tech work or anything like everyone else seems to be doing seeing as the golf course bordering the yard is open and flooded with people and neighbors are out all day in their yards.

I have devolved back into thinking about how I just want to die more often, but I contribute that more to my madness sparking off than this mess of a year, and constant reminders of how no matter how much I work my lot in life is not going to improve.

My life hasn't changed much either.

That isn't inherently bad, it just means that the people I care about are almost all online friends so the way I interact with that hasn't changed.
I don't really like people or the outernet so being in the house is fine to me.

You seem to have a lot on your mind, look if your boss has made you do a new job with no training that essentially absolves you of any responsibility for mistakes.  I find that makes me less stressed.
If I mess up, it's their fault for not training me.  A fact that can (if necessary) be argued in court.

I hope you find something to enjoy, a little something to look forward to.  It's out there, don't close your mind to that possibility.

• Like 1

12: 52 am here as I type this.  Just woke up from heat coma after resting from game on Saturday.  Had a great time despite the sun trying to kill me.  RPK ran with the Drum just fine (still shoots like *suitcase* and speedsofter with hpa tapped ar-9's outshoot me) but not having to carry anything but the replica was a nice change of pace for most of the day.  Had another player I remember from previous games that could not get his gbbr working right and other misfortunes, so I loaned him my ak105 for the rest of the time he played.  He loved it and kept saying it was slick, which made me smile since I was sure it wasn't going to work well having just changed the spring and one shim section on it recently (and the general gremlin curse all my stuff has).  I ended up using it towards the end of the day and getting a few more kills (even against one of the hosts who became my shot trading partner for the last two games).

Not sure I can handle another Summer game like that though, took a lot out of me despite my efforts of hydration prior and during it.

• Like 2

Good to hear you had fun... And maybe having someone else use your AK105 broke the curse and let you enjoy it as well? Should oyu consider this approach for further games? :D

So I finally decided to order a Flux Brace for my NotGlock.

Then I found them on AliExpress.

Only 10% cheaper.

I can overpay 10 quid or so, I think. So all in all, I managed to find them and place an order (on CRW) so that's a good thing.