"Pro"

Leshy

Hola all, I have been playing Airsoft for around 6 years.. I´m originally from the UK, I´ve played a few big events and I would consider myself reasonably experienced in Airsoft.

Playing here in Spain I have come across self styled "Pro" games and I´m trying to figure out were they fit in with broader concept of Airsoft. They are not MILSIM as Hi-caps and as much ammo you can carry is permitted, they have no Power restrictions 5m MED is probably one of the only rules that is used. Its a bit like a hyper walk on shoot with established teams and a pre planned mission.

Since this Airsoft forum is biggest in the world I´m hoping to get some views, maybe its me and I cant comprehend there defination of the term "PRO"

The question I´m asking really is what would you consider Pro?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any links/videos for 'pro' events?

Mostly it sounds little like an organisers marketing ploy to capture those looking for an ego boost.

Limits are a safety factor, there will allways be those who want to go harder/faster. But insurance generally reigns them in, on well run legitimate sites.

I have played on legitimate sites that are far from good *UA* (my definition of legitimate are PLI carrying, registered companies)

Having attended a number of Stirling games it still surprises me the number of hicaps the 'elite' allow in their top range combat operations.

The definition of Pro in sport terms is when you get paid, it there some form of prize for these events and are there 'winning' criteria?

The game type that the OP is describing sounds alot like what is played in the UAE. Very high FPS, as much ammo as you can carry in whatever mags you have got and a loose fitting storyline to call it 'milsim'. There are some good games played there but I was disheartened to watch a 'milsim' tournament being played where the attacking team was advancing from barricade to barricade in a crouch with head down and box mag fited AEG held over the head aimed in the general direction of the enemy with finger on the trigger until behind cover again. At which point, the gun comes up but not with a head behind it to sight down the barrel.

Insurance! No such thing for airsoft over here well maybe not in my region, but that means the games are free. I dont want to seem rude to my hosts but airsoft organisation here is about 10 years behind the rest of Europe. No legal sites, no regional/country based forum to progress the hobby. Its a bit more adhoc.

Maybe i should refine the question, without seeming elitist what do you think the "pinnacle" (sorry only word i could think of) of organised team game? Milsim with realcap load outs? Or is it more mindset?

it's entirely mindset.

I play with 2 taped together hi-caps, that's all the ammo I need for a full days gaming, Instead of 10 mids, I've 2 hi's. I even use a drum mag sometimes, mostly for the lulz but, when I want to play seriously, I dont' suddenly switch, it's a mindset, are you TRYING to play realistically, but ADAPTING to the limits of airsoft? Or are you playing to win? Using every advantage you can?

For me the best games I've had are with a small group of teammates, where we all understand and know what kind of game we're playing, and enjoi it. Sometimes we play RealSim, 30rnd mags (or 30 rounds loaded into a midcap - hi's just don't work here as you can't regulate the number of rounds very well), we play injury/medic rules, games last for a set time and objective. Everyone plays realistically and it's very 'real'.

sometimes we play for teh lulz, load up the hi-caps and play a domination style game around control points with hi-caps, spraying and laughing, it's all good fun.

All down to mindset. Likewise my team rolls out with what ever we fancy shooting people/eachother with. When it is appropriate, When we gear up for an event we kit up and mentally approach the event as it requires.

The Pinnacle of airsoft is when everyone (apart from the one guy who Always bitches) goes home at the end of the day or weekend with a smile on their face having had a good time. Regardless of the site, style of play.

I enjoy working with RS limits but only in the right environment with the right people.

I like film sim (medics rolling objectives) in most settings and I can have a good old pew pew fest anywhere. At teh end of the day I like to go home having seen my mates and had fun.

Airsoft is a lot of different things to a lot of different people. The only 'pinnacle' is defined by individuals within their own heads.

As with weaponry and gear, game types are a entirely a preference. Milsim doesn't interest me one bit personally, neither does Speedball style airsofting, but there's lots of folks out there who will enjoy taking one or the other right to the extreme ends of the spectrum. There's probably guys amongst said groups who think they are part of something super special because their games are 'the most hardcore'/realistic or the highest speed, but most sites in the UK seem to run games pretty much right in the middle, and that's how I like it personally.

There never has been, nor will there ever, be a centralised global organisation with a big old rule book which says "This is airsoft. You will use X-cap magazines with Y type objectives".

Off the top of my head, the people who play at PRO events will be the type who genuinely believe themselves to be elite warriors, and that the special forces will discover them soon and plead with them to join their humble ranks.

They're using the same toy guns as the rest of us, but believe themselves to be on some kind of higher tier.

Maybe I've played in the north east too much.

E:

There never has been, nor will there ever, be a centralised global organisation with a big old rule book which says "This is airsoft. You will use X-cap magazines with Y type objectives".

And thank god for that.

I think most people in this topic have the right idea. At times my mates and I kit up for long milsim games it take it semi-seriously, as long as everyone is safe and having fun. Other times, we load up with our Army of Two masks and my buddies and I *rickroll* around for the fun of it. Hell, last game, my buddy picked up a crushed oil drum and held it like a shield as we stacked up on him dual wielding pistols. Ineffective, but boy was it fun.

I shoot real steel as often as I can as practice for CCW; however, there's a strict line between the two. I will give 100% attention, focus, and planning, but when it comes to simulation, the only priority is that everyone is being safe and everyone is having fun.

Edit: Also, I like rolling around in the dirt and being dramatic.

sounds like the walkon games we have in the north east. its a relaxed rules milsim style of play, so the games fell different from time to time based on the players that show up. basically there is no strict player organization or classes, no 18+ rule and no weapon restrictions.

In my humble opinion, the concept itself (Pro games in Spain) is just a stupid excuse for some to distance themselves from the crowd. The rules for the games I've read about are DANGEROUS, with guns reaching 1000fps and no other limit.

In short, some wannabees with half-brains thinking they are cool because they banned the safety limits and basic ruling any sport should have.

They caused a big laugh in the main Spanish forums when they announced their ideas.

This "Pro" gaming style sounds retarded...

HPA makes things very easy when trying to reach very high fps. And not only the fps affect, but gun with 500mm barrel with 800 fps on 0.2g BBs has much more joules when using heavier BBs, such as 0.83g. which were available here in Finland sometime ago... Thank god I didnt find any of those at our site.

And yes I know most of people know the effects of heavier BBs.

Off the top of my head, the people who play at PRO events will be the type who genuinely believe themselves to be elite warriors, and that the special forces will discover them soon and plead with them to join their humble ranks.

Don't forget the trying to act "well 'ard" to make up for the fact their tiny penis, inability to loose their virginity and that they still live with their parents

Welp good day everyone, never playing in spain!

Your loss. Most of the games are pretty good, and there are quite good milsim and scenario games all year long.

That "Pro" stuff is not only rare, it's been outed by most of the community except themselves.

Thanks for the replies some good points made got me thinking. Forti, Spain has some of the best sites i have ever seen and you dont have to pay to play.

To the Pro defence i have yet to see a RIF over 500fps but there actual game style i'm having difficulty adjusting to.

wingman do you have any links to any large spanish forums?

I am not a "pro" as I am not paid to play. I think we would all like to be pro's lol

games with no safety limits are simply unsafe. Sounds like a war of hardware and cash to me if I am honest. Pay for an advantage in somekind of FPS and RPM arms race.

My own sporting angle of Airsoft is Hunteering. Its designed to be as hard as possible. All players use the same guns to make a level playing field, so no one can buy an advantage. You only get 2 mags of 11 shots for your rifle and 1 pistol mag to last you 2 days. There is no respite or safe zone..... only extreme sport... with all of its ups and downs.

I don't get bored of this. While skirmish is pretty dull after a couple of decades if I am honest. We split our own team up and just play amongst ourselves on private land.... there is no moaning, cheating or easy tags/newb's..... only the most hardcore opponents that will go several miles further to win. Indeed, our sporting motivation is all about playing to win, within the rules with sportsmanship. The opponents are our closest friends, but on the field, no punches are pulled. We are a closed group.

Someone will be on a high while someone else has to suck it up and overcome the mental anguish of knowing you are losing in a game, where points are super rare. But no one gives up. Competition is what drives us and that sporting angle is what we want from the beautifull game.

My motivation is nature and wildlife rather than mil sim if I am honest. This might explain.

Good Hunting ;)

Archived