Ground Zero Weekender 2012

Kenworth W900

I'd love to see you kick a guy in the *badger*s whilst in game (and following the rules) :P

If they stick a gun in my face it will be grab barrel, move it away, quick kick in the balls, flick the gun round, eject the mag and empty the chamber. Just for safe measure, something they clearly don't know at GZ when i was there. ;)

'FireKnife'

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is GZ, they improvement will be the same as every improvement they make, it will fringe closer and closer to the edge of bad health and safety. <_<

I mean inviting people to shove guns in each others faces? If that happen to me i don't care who is holding the gun but if i saw a safety off and a finger anywhere near the trigger they will take a swift kick to the happy sacks, after said barrel is forced in a direction that if the idiot did fire it wouldn't do anything dangerous.

'FireKnife'

This always sounded more like a rarity of some people just taking to too far. Me and team of guys I was with often walked in and out of the base(s) and never got a barrel in the face on any of those occasions. The constant demands to see tags got quite tiring but I went selectively deaf to most of them.

That said I'm pro removing the assassins mini game within the weekender just because it allows those rare idiots to do things that stupid, and it got pretty stale pretty quickly in terms of interest.

it will be my first time attending not expecting much in gameplay but im looking forward to a weekend out with airsofters from around the country

Indeed that's the way I look at it . Should be a a good crack ,I enjoyed it last year . It was my first but it was the social aspect I liked so I don't expect any difference this year. What teams we all on then? I've decided on others this year.

I have seen some good and bad marshalling at the GZ weekenders and to be honest the job they do is 10 times harder on the weekender than any whistle blower anywhere else, there was a marshall last year who i spoke to when i got to site about 10am on the Friday and he was still going at 10pm when i left the same day.

It does put pressure on the marshalls to be everywhere and the amount of times i have talked to a marshall when i was taking photos and someone would come up and grumble about hit taking for example and when asked for a tag number (or even colour of tag!!) they get little of an answer so we can help more by reporting more.

A couple of years back there was a player who was an intel holder and regular on site and known to all the marshall's but he decided it was fun that when he got hit and held up the intel he would shoot anyone who came for it, he was reported a couple of times and the marshalls gave him the benefit of the doubt until i took a picture of him doing it later in the day and showed it to H one radio call went out for his tag number within 15-20 minutes he was packing his gear and i have not seen him since,

If you have an issue with the marshalls report them just because they have a hi viz on it does not excuse poor performance but in my experiance the marshalls do a great job considering there are something like 30 marshalls for 1400 players!!!

But as for the assasin rule it would be good to go back to original one or two people every once and again not last years continual hose fest that with so one sided numbers on some teams it left them at a game disadvantage trying to do objectives and protect the team commander but after the commanders the others have had the last few years i felt like shooting them myself (come back woody or jesus).

curlyboy

Ah right. Thought the whole encampment was manx due to the flags. ;)

Most of their guys (or was it yours?) were pretty cool and told us to come over for a drink later that night, and when we did another of their guys said "well done, you found our camp. now turn around and get out" :huh:

We were like fine, we'll drink this rum on our own.

Always welcome over at the battletec camp.

marshalls do a great job considering there are something like 30 marshalls for 1400 players!!!

Hang on, ok it is £85 per player, the estimated attendance is 1,600 lets say. That is £136,000 and they can only pay for 30 marshalls? Of which some of them will undoubtedly be the useless idiots that they usually have along so really you have about 20 marshalls doing the work. Surely at the amount they are raking in they could be able to afford about twice that many if not three times? This is one of my issues with the event, that whole 'right we have your money, into the back pockets it goes' attitude they have (after insurance and land costs, which they have the rest of the years games to fund).

Though based on the better half wanting a holiday in Paris this is now on my not to attend list for definite, as i can deal with idiots to see others i would get on with :P

'FireKnife'

Archived