Magpul & BCE Ending Licensing with PTS?

Noveske

Rumor on the street is that PTS will no longer be producing Magpul and BCE licensed products. Don't know the full scoop but PTS Steel Shop has pulled all Magpul products from their shelves. Can anyone shed anymore light on this?

I was in Patrol Base a couple of days ago and they were saying that Magpul has stopped their licence for PTS. They heard unconfirmed rumours it was due to Magpul being bought out and the new owners weren't happy with material failures of the PTS stuff being used on RS kit giving the Magpul brand a bad name so yanked the license.

I'll be interested in seeing a press release regarding the matter.

Not even slightly concerned personally. R/S Magpul is easily available in stock in the UK through Lantac for similar or better prices to PTS products. No biggie at all in my eyes, although I guess Masada and PDR owners won't be overjoyed...

Seeming every PTS product I have ever seen says for airsoft use only its user stupidity to buy and use an airsoft product on a real firearm!

Theres some pretty simple common sense lacking in Magpul's target customer base if they dont understand the difference, I always had the impression that the PTS range was similarly priced to the R/S Magpul even in the States?

The only thing I for see here is that the prices of "R/S" Magpul products will go up and thats usually what Magpul wants to see I guess...

But I agree with ^starburst^ every PTS product I have owned also stated clearly that it was for airsoft use only...

Stopping PTS isn't going to stop the issue anyway; I'm doubtful a PTS pistol grip or stock would break on an R/S firearm without serious levels of abuse - My money is on the material failures occuring on R/S weapons are as a result of ACM magpul stuff with R/S trades. 

Yeah I am also thinking it may be ACM clones because those are the only products that are significantly cheaper than PTS and RS Magpul stuff.

But does not explain the logic in pulling PTS's license...

I think there is more to it but only time will tell.

There's one particular aspect of this information which is bothering me - AEGs pistol grips. Because I don't think I will jump on GBB wagon any soon. In fact theres are another PTS products, for AEGs significantly cheaper than its original counterpart - UBR and PRS stocks...

Well hopefully its not as bad as it sounds, even though I am a PTS Masada owner I would miss the PTS PMAGS the most as they are the nicest midcaps I have ever used.

If true this may be the final kick I need to consider selling/trading my Masada for a VFC SCAR L

Not even slightly concerned personally. R/S Magpul is easily available in stock in the UK through Lantac for similar or better prices to PTS products. No biggie at all in my eyes, although I guess Masada and PDR owners won't be overjoyed...

Don't forget aeg specific parts like motor grips, asaps and e/pmags.

So they put accessories that are clearly labelled for airsoft only onto real guns, breaks them (not sure how), and complain about it so Magpul pulls the license...? That makes very little sense.. what's next, government to ban airsoft because it failed to kill enemy combatants..? 

Blobface, those were just unconfirmed rumours. It's possible it could just be airsoft scuttlebutt as opposed to the actual reasons. What we need is a statement from Magpul and/or PTS clarifying if the rumours are true or false and what the reasons for the split actually are. Until that time, we do just have scuttlebutt and confusion all around.

Yeah, but now they are releasing a new gun (the ERG) filled with Magpul furnitures and markings on it due to release soon, would that be some form of indication that they haven't split at least just yet? Will see what PTS says about that since he has joined the forum. 

I guess PTS is being hush hush about this until perhaps, after they have launched the ERG (which may very well be their last Magpul licensed product).  Local retailers in HK have also mentioned about the licensing end between Magpul and PTS, but as Azubi mentioned, these are unconfirmed rumors.

All we do know is that PTS' own Steel shop has pulled all Magpul PTS products from their shelves pending "official announcement".

Archived