GHK M4 GBBR - available after Chinese New Year

hitmanNo2

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL no way, Devilhunter's mod is to allow COmags to be charged with liquid COfrom a paintball tank (or pretty much any source of CO2, provided it's bigger than a 12g), it works with GHK COmagazines because it still has the fill valve hole drilled and tapped (except plugged with a screw), so when one replaces that with the correct fill valve, with a COcapsule still inside the magazine, you can charge it like you would with green gas, but not green gas, except completely winter proof without the awkwardness of using only capsules where you end up deciding whether to waste a potentially still good capsule or to risk running out of gas mid game as you could juice it inbetween rounds / at spawn. 

Okay, 10 shots chrono of CO2 magazine, all consistently between 298 - 305 with 0.25 with the 1J bolt, essentially no increase over green gas, but with a sharper kick, and louder. 

*man I love this gun, if the CO2 mod works without a blip, I'm struggling to see myself using an AEG again even in the winter. 

Tried to dissassemble the nozzle today. Didnt go to well, i cant for the life of me figure out how to the two halfs to split.

Also the nozzle spring is annoying. The pin that holds the spring on the fake firing pin is really tight. I deformed the fake firing pin trying to get it out. Everything else dissassembles nice though.

Assembly is also nice, except for the auto sear of course, *fruitcage* auto sears.

Yeah, I tried the nozzle as well, just couldn't do it, I suspect they glued it? That's why I just gave up trying to mod it and bought a 1J nozzle.

I also tried to get that pin off the fake firing pin in order to re-attached that nozzle return springs, like yours, it didn't go well, so I gave up trying to remove the cap from the spring and used a hex key to push the end of the spring into the nozzle until I can see that it has gone pass the hole, then inserted something to hold it in place before tapping the pin back on. 

Prime/INO/VT upper will not fit on the GHK lower without either:

1, Removing material evenly from both sides of the uppers rear lug

or

2. Removing material evenly in the lower where the uppers lug sits

Upper threads are slightly too high compared to real AR15 spec.  About 20 minutes with a dye to chase the threads did the trick.

After re assembly I get some pin walking on the hammer pin, nothing annoying, i just added a drop of glue on the end.

Anyways, is anything supposed to hold the hammer pin in place? It has two notches but i cant figure out what is supposed to go in them. I thought maybe the hammer spring legs but couldnt get that working :P

Hmm.  Not too bad then.  Looks like a source of cheap Prime spec receivers then.

Have you put that extended rail on your HK417 yet?  I'm looking forward to seeing that beast.

Since I wasn't able to get the upper to seat in my GHK lower, I am not sure if it will fit even after thinning the rear lug on an 1:1 upper.  I didn't take any actual measurements so I don't know either way.

Not yet.  My plan was to install it over the weekend but my wife had other plans for me...

Er - sorry, not sure you've reached the right conclusion there hitman. It's a shame that the receiver isn't RS compatible; that would be nice.

I was basing my conclusion on the basis the mods in bold would work.  I have done it before on other receivers and had success but perhaps that might not work now looking at L2E's latest post. :(

Prime/INO/VT upper will not fit on the GHK lower without either:

1, Removing material evenly from both sides of the uppers rear lug

or

2. Removing material evenly in the lower where the uppers lug sits

My mistake.  I meant to include a blurb that said even if you remove the material it still may not fit properly.  The length might be off, the curve of the lower might be off, the ID might be off just enough to cause some cycling issues, etc.  The only way to know for sure it to get an extra upper from Samoon and start removing material and test fitting in a INO/Prime/VT lower.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has been awfully quiet, guess thats a good sign? I have yet to see people posting about issues with this GBBR. 

I have had no issues yet and ive been putting around 9k through it in a bit over a month. Its holding up like a champ. Ive put in a stronger recoil spring, maple leaf bucking, prometheus barrel and some anti rotation links. Other that that completely stock. Its not like the parts ive put in is putting any less stress on the internals either...

Archived