GHK M4 GBBR - available after Chinese New Year

hitmanNo2

somehow I just have a feeling it'd take a lot to reduce 50 fps just by barrel length, and while I know it shouldn't happen, I also feel that somehow it might hit the inside of the outer barrel if there isn't enough inner

Both of those things are things that can happen, but I know certainly with pistols it only takes a small increase in barrel length to make the fps shoot up so it should be the same with reductions? Though maybe by the time you get to M4 length the BB is pretty much done accelerating so cutting an inch or two off it won't have much effect...I dunno.

BBs might well hit your outer/flash hider if you don't have enough inner, but with small reductions it'll be fine especially if everything's lined up.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran a 5.5" inner barrel in my first WOC in an 11.5" outer barrel - PTFE'd the inner to ensure it was centred, but I had no BB clipping/chipping issues - Although I will say all 6" of barrel length knocked off 35FPS, so I assume the outer barrel gives the BB some time to pick up speed 'n all.

Can't hurt to try if you've got an old AEG stock barrel knocking about anyway. 

wat

If a BB leaves a 6.08 barrel straight into the open air at 300fps with gas still expanding behind it, surely it's not completely beyond the realm of logic to think a BB leaving a 6.08 barrel with expanding gas behind it before travelling into an 8-9mm barrel for 4-5" before exiting into the air might be 310fps?

*fruitcage* knows, I'm not a scientist. 

It's not beyond the realm of logic, but I think you're giving physics too much credit - without a tight seal the gas will go pretty much everywhere with almost no more energy being transferred to the BB. The fact that chopping 6 inches off your barrel only lowered the fps by 35 shows you that the gas is pretty much done expanding by that point. I suspect if you continued to chop sections off the barrel you'd start to see more drastic fps reductions.

Havent looked to much at the internals yet, but I was surprised that it takes AEG barrel nuts. I though the upper had milspec threads, im sure I read that somewhere? Anyways my madbull NSR works like a charm :D

uriYFon.jpg?1

Looks nice. It makes more sense to be AEG compatible for barrel nuts tbh, way more options for most of the market.

Any chance of any internal pics? What are your opinions of it so far?

Looks nice. It makes more sense to be AEG compatible for barrel nuts tbh, way more options for most of the market.

Any chance of any internal pics? What are your opinions of it so far?

Im loving it so far. Gonna make a little lightbox before i take photos of the internals. I have a good camera on my phone(xperia z2 for those wondering) but need proper light to get good upclose shots of so small parts. Most likely the photos will be up tomorrow evening :)

The recoil is very hefty on this gun, most recoil I personally have felt in an airsoft gun. The hop works great, im using .28s right now, but gonna get some .3s instead i think. Better make sure to set the hop properly before adding a free float tho. Learned that the hard way :P

Gonna do some more testing tomorrow, will report back :)

Besides the lower receiver having that "alignment" issue, and the forward assist being non-functioning, this gun has a great color/finish, and the barrel is probably the most realistic one yet (minus the 14mm threading)

One thing I noticed: When I try to tighten my flash hider for proper timing, it literally pushes the entire inner barrel back to the point where the carrier can't return to battery.I have to loosen it up, put a rubber O-Ring, then it'll be fine with proper timing. The charging handle pull can use more resistance, meaning the buffer spring could be stronger... But shooting the gun feels pretty incredible!

Yeah a thread timing is essentially when you want it to "max out", so with silencers or flash hiders, you might want trades visible at a particular position, or with muzzle brake as pointed out you want it to be facing the way it's designed to. (For RS at least, airsoft it's just to do with the extra tacticoolness to get it right) 

Well took some pictures using my makeshift lightbox and my phone:P Results were meh as i didnt have to matching light sources. Anyways got some close ups of the bolt catch and the nozzle from different angles. 

Hope they are useful :)

Album on imgur:

http://imgur.com/a/r4hs8

Some good pictures. Interesting design of the nozzle, wondering how efficient the bolt/nozzle design is.

Is that some wear I spy on the top of the bolt?

Some good pictures. Interesting design of the nozzle, wondering how efficient the bolt/nozzle design is.

Is that some wear I spy on the top of the bolt?

It looked like that when i received, only fired like 2 mags before i took the bolt out and this "wearing" was there, but it hasnt changed any after a lot more shooting.

I really dont know why it looks like that ^^

Note: 

Also managed to loose the darn E-clip that holds the nozzle spring. Had one laying around that was a bit smaller but i forced it on there. Hope that lasts till i get some new ones. Anyone know a place to get many of these for cheap?

I can't work out if I want one or not! Or to spend the money on some pimping out of my WE...or switch to KWA..or wait for Marui to release theirs....ARGH I HATE AIRSOFT! :)

A big selling point would be if this was compaitble with certain WA system after market parts, mainly cosmetic stuff like charging handles or receivers..

Archived