GBB FNX-45 Tactical

Starblade54

Well if you're spending that much money on a global release and brokering deals with everyone so it releases on time (because you don't want any single retailer to get a head start on the others, because then there'll be complaints) can you blame a company for wants to hold the reins a little on release day? :) 

I think it is reasonable, but it is nice that BW sent Delta his gun early (but let's just treat that as an exception rather than the norm, eh?)

Looking forward to seeing how these hold up! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeap, exactly. We've become a hungry mob that arnt happy till it's released and hopefully released when when first hear about it (any product, doesn't have to be activision or cybergun). Lego sued toys'r'us a few years ago for releasing sets early (after agreeing abs promising all retailers that if they held back, they'd have enough stock for demand). It's not just cybergun that get annoyed, it's a kit of companies/distributors.

Just gonna drop this here.. http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/213682-cybergunvfc-fnx-45/

Sorry it's late. Photobucket kept rejecting all the images I was uploading for some reason. Had to lower the quality slightly for it work work.. I think it's time for me to switch image hoster! Anyway, enjoy chaps!

Sorry about the RMR :( 

Thanks squad for the frame info. It's a pity it's the same abs as the rest of the VFC range for the price I was hoping for a higher quality plastic like the fibre reinforced plastic found on a guarder glock frame or even the maruzen p99 frame (On both those frames the fibre in the plastic is VISIBLE for any one who hasn't seen either of those frames)

My OCD is kicking in a bit here and I don't know if it's right or not. But in my mind, once a review thread goes up, any type of general discussion about the product should be redirected to the review thread rather than the news thread. ?

Or is that wrong ? :o

I mean, let's say if a black version is released next week, then yeah maybe that belongs in the news thread but...

O C DD...

D ? :o

Maybe so. Perhaps a mod could merge certain posts into the review thread?

Regarding the minting plate. It's not about what cannot on a real mounting plate, but wether a real mounting plate can 'mount' the frame of the FNX-45. The frame is fine, it's the ridge in the BBU that will cause a problem when trying to mount a plate that was design for a frame sans the ridge.

I reckon that ridge must have been put there to stop the use of RS mounting plates so people have to buy a CG specific one as someone has already mentioned.  It just makes no sense otherwise.  Maybe that plate on the FNX in the HK shop is 3D printed/milled.

Thanks squad for the frame info. It's a pity it's the same abs as the rest of the VFC range for the price I was hoping for a higher quality plastic like the fibre reinforced plastic found on a guarder glock frame or even the maruzen p99 frame (On both those frames the fibre in the plastic is VISIBLE for any one who hasn't seen either of those frames)

The VFC M&P and StarkArms (VFC) Glocks use Fibre-reinforced nylon, not ABS. Actually, the Guarder Glock Frames (at least the ones in 2009) are straight ABS. I'm all but certain that the FNX-45 frame will be FRN just like the M&P and the Glawks.

I reckon that ridge must have been put there to stop the use of RS mounting plates so people have to buy a CG specific one as someone has already mentioned.  It just makes no sense otherwise.  Maybe that plate on the FNX in the HK shop is 3D printed/milled.

I'd hazard a guess that the ridge is there to allow space for the curved top of the nozzle/gaschamber, rather than any malicious intent. As ridiculous as Cybergun are, they're not normally that proprietary.

Archived