GBB FNX-45 Tactical

Starblade54

new info !

apparently cybergun isn't gonna provide any sort of adapter, so TC customshop in hong kong is currently manufacturing a adapter plate for you to mount a RMR!! the one that they specifically use is a fake RMR, the label on it says PPT so i assume that's the company name and not some kind of weird acronym or somethin

post-98376-0-29876900-1410777869_thumb.jpg

post-98376-0-69920400-1410778173_thumb.jpg

so far they are distributing in limited quantities.

the hero arms seems to sell them. they mentioned if anyone is interested, they can just give them a shout through email or call them and they'll sort something out with you :) (very nice people overall)

(edit : soz wrong place to post mb)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new info !

apparently cybergun isn't gonna provide any sort of adapter, so TC customshop in hong kong is currently manufacturing a adapter plate for you to mount a RMR!! the one that they specifically use is a fake RMR, the label on it says PPT so i assume that's the company name and not some kind of weird acronym or somethin

so far they are distributing in limited quantities.

the hero arms seems to sell them. they mentioned if anyone is interested, they can just give them a shout through email or call them and they'll sort something out with you :) (very nice people overall)

(edit : soz wrong place to post mb)

Good news. Did they say if it allows to cowitness? It's hard to tell for sure from the picture you psted, since it was taken from a Little below the horizontal.

oh dammit... forgot to actually check that :3 was too happy at the time that someone made a proper a adapter for the RMR. (that sits securely)

i do remember it sitting a little high relative do the iron sights, need to check again o_O

i'll be picking it up tomorrow so i'll take a better picture then!! and a better pic of the adapter as well! 

From the pic and the previous discussion I would say unless it mounts directly to the BBU without a plate you won't get co-witness.

It looks like it would be about 1/3rd witness possibly.

Yeah, that plate looks really thick- I don't understand why it needs to be this thick, given the very little weight of the RMR that it 

needs to  secure.

Is co-witness counted as the tip of the sights, ignoring the three dots, or including the three dots?

As it if it just the tips (more traditional style of aiming) and you are using a 6 o'clock hold it looks fine enough and should co-witness easy enough. If you are after the full sight picture and dots then no I wouldn't think so.

Maybe it was CGs plan all along?

'FireKnife'

A-ha.

Is it more or is that a tad pointless then? I would rather the dot was a seperate option with the irons coming in when the dot was no use (batteries, damaged or shot out) rather than it trying to be a mix of the too.

But maybe that is just me :P.

'FireKnife'

Then 1/3 cowitness would suit you, right? To be honest, that would be enough for me, too. Only a few of my AEGs cowitness and, while I agree that it's pretty cool, it's a gimmick more than anything else.

CG needs to lower the Price: this gun is a niche model, because it's fairly unknown even in the RS market. Not having been in any movies or video games, the Price will only be paid by diehard fans of the gun. They will not be able to attract the mainstream player. And it doesnt get anymore mainstream tan CG...

Are you intentionally mis-spelling 'than' as 'tan'? I only as ask it does fit in a weird pun way :P.

However I just see this gun as one big swing and a miss. It is niche, it doesn't seem to have the performance to back up the cost or speciality, it doesn't feature one of the primary reasons for buying it over another gun from out the box and it costs near twice as much as a similar competing model, even from the same compny, while offering nowhere near twice the gun.

I see it selling to that group that really want it and the odd US user that likes to have an airsoft pistol to practice the drills of their real gun with but this just feels a touch 'off' and far too 'off' to be redeemable.

'FireKnife'

I think even that is pushing it as in Asia $150 is still Marui territory and over there traded guns don't cost extra due to not having CG jazz all over them first.

Here it might help but I think all the cocking around at CG has just put too many people off. :D

'FireKnife'

Then 1/3 cowitness would suit you, right? To be honest, that would be enough for me, too. Only a few of my AEGs cowitness and, while I agree that it's pretty cool, it's a gimmick more than anything else.

A lower 1/3 CoWitness is ideal on a rifle, the co-witness is intended for checking the zero of the dot-sight or irons if one or the other is changed, of if the dot is occluded by bright light the user can swap to the irons quickly.

On a pistol like the FNX, the dot-sight reciprocates with the slide and diverges from alignment significantly more than it would on a rifle. Because of this, you ideally want the dot to be a middle cowitness with the iron sights to facilitate faster reacquisition of the dot. because the lens on a MRD like an RMR or Docter is so much smaller than an Aimpoint or EoTech, and the greater alignment deviation that I mentioned, having a physical alignment reference like the co-witness ironsights speeds up aiming significantly.

That's why the FNX has the co-witness ability designed in. It's a luxury on a rifle, but a necessity on a handgun.

Why couldn't it be a two piece thing that sits either side of the ridge? Wouldn't that tick all the boxes then, as then the RMR would sit on the ridge rather than having an adaptor plate wedged in underneath?

That's how I'd do it.

Or, I'd see if it would be possible to cut away some or all of the ridge in the top of the BBU. Possibly cutting away some of the Ridge, and some of the bottom of the RMR to allow them to fit together.

think a lot of people in the end just had it with CG

more and more people in hk (small groups who got it first, then others now in larger organization and stuff ) beginning to complain about CG falsely advertising that the FNX will accept red dots (like it does sorta, but it falls off so easily cos of that ridge preventing the screws from reaching the slide. unless you thread lock the thing in. not to mention will be a visible gap between the rmr and the slide). 

keep in mind, we sorta have it easy cos we pay around 150 USD for the FNX,

but then + red dot 50 USD then + another 20-30 USD for the adapter plate. o_O 

now there are a fair amount of people being put onto the waiting list for the adapters :(

and to top off the bad news, the FNX seems to have firing problems (not confirmed, its not actually like a malfunction, its more like the FNX goes sluggish after a short while. again not yet confirmed)

omg really? been getting that too o_O also it gets real sluggish for me. 

actually feel a little better cos i was wondering if it was only me that was having the nuzzle energy problem from double action compared to single (even tho this stuff comes out in hk, i feel like it hasn't even come out yet)

(maybe someone should make a post of all the problems with the FNX so far, cos... sorta... unfair all things considered if u get what i mean)

And so it starts....

Bombard their FB and hopefully we can get them to fix their attempt at this gun.

Also, I wonder if it's worth contacting FNH.  I'm sure they would be interested to know a product they have licensed has issues.  Certainly tarnishing their name.  Or maybe they don't care and are just after the $.

Archived