*Royal Mail issues* - Airsoft World Ltd.

Apex

I have no opinion on ASW one way or the other

Neither did I, this thread started off mainly about one retailer having issue with Royal Mail, which is fine, doesn't bother me at all, but the un-necessary amount of complaining and blaming RM from a supposedly professional shop, as well as that new comment above has really put me off shopping there. Why? Because I'll likely to have to face this sort of attitude if my order was to go wrong with them for other reasons, the last thing I want is to receive a faulty product and be told "It was fine when we sent it, do you want proof? I'll send it along with a stick to go up your *albatross*".

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can i ask why they are x-raying your packages, When its not standard practice?

Of course you may.  It's also one of the questions I've asked RM.

It's more commonly becoming standard practice for RM to X-Ray parcels that are posted.  However, we're being specifically targeted as the employees at the sorting office have experience of handling our outgoing mail.

Well it does say in their conditions of carriage that flammable gasses and their containers (new or used) cannot be sent via RM, so if ASW have been shipping gbb mags and RM have been destroying them (also in their t&c's) then ASW have only themselves to blame. Quite simply if you don't like any courier's conditions then find another rather than moaning and bitching like a 13 year old girl

As for the last comment about a hose and tube of KY, well that is unprofessional and just shows the kind of attitude and level of maturity of staff at ASW and puts me off shopping there

The 'containers' for flammable gas are non-pressurised at the time of shipping and don't contain any flammable gas/liguid or harmful substance.  There is no breach of their current active policy on our part.  The problem lies that the staff at the sorting office are not 'trained' to open these packages so can't deal with it at the time.  That's why its sent to the 'trained' RM employees in Belfast to be thoroughly checked.

Good job, very professional, I should really verify the fact that you really are an employee of airsoftworld first before letting your comment affect my decision, but I can't be bothered since the tone sounds consistent to the whiny announcements of the past, so that's the end of me buying from airsoftworld, will make sure no one from my team does as well, why don't you just tell all your customers to go *fruitcage* themselves as well, that always gets you more business. 

In the land of the forum, where opinion trumps fact... that might be the case.  However, I can say with the utmost certitude that it is not.  Everything I've stated in these posts is absolute fact and truth... where all you've done yourself is whine and spread an ill-opinion.  If you ever order with us again, you'll be treated with nothing but respect and your order will be processed with the same proffessionalism as everyone else receives.

I'll maintain to answer any genuine question about our RM fiasco if it's relevant to my email address:  jai@airsoftworld.net

Since they don't like customers that complain, I think I'll delete them from my browser bookmarks.

You know, just to save the risk that I become one in the future.

Customers that complain about this issue are being dealt with properly.  Being consumers ourself, we're actually very frustrated that it's taking these stupidly long times to get parcels to them.  Hence, the reason we're no longer shipping specific items via RM.  Hence, the reason we made the facebook post (and on other forms of media) that we're no longer using RM for these items.

Isn't that good customer service?

I don't get it. RM have an unreasonable policy, and that's fine, but it's not allowed for ASW to point out said policy is unreasonable, and how it has affected their buisness?

And frankly if the sand in your vagina comment annoyed anyone that much they should probably lighten up a bit. Possibly even wash the sand out of their vagina.

Yes ASW have mucked up peoples orders in the past, yes they've taken rediculous amounts of time to refund people for things that were out of stock, hell they might even have literally eaten babies at some point, I can't say for sure they havn't, but the RM policy on this is to quote the iron sheik is "fargin ball sheet", and catty comments about ASW don't actually do anythng to change that.

Jai - is this in stock ? http://www.airsoftworld.net/s-thunder-co2-adapter-with-meter.html if so I'll pop an order in after lunch.

We've got plenty in stock, my friend.  It's actually one of the items RM has seized, though.  Their untrained staff probably can't tell that when the needle is at zero it means there's no pressure...

If you UPS it before 2pm, I'll make sure it's out this afternoon.

Sorry to say, but a mod encouraging a misogynistic comment isn't great. Let's try and keep the sexist comments out of it, fair enough? How about a comment like this "hey, I'm a sexist pig and like to use women's privates in a derogatory manner". Doesn't look good does it?

Could have said something along the lines of "Stop moaning on a public forum". Not offensive, not sexist. Not hard is it.

where all you've done yourself is whine and spread an ill-opinion

I haven't, I have made only one comment prior to you telling us to wash our vaginas, which was quoting the terms of condition on RM's restricted items, and actually saying that it's pretty black and white that shipping lipo batteries on their own is clearly prohibited, so if anything, my only comment was in agreement with ASW's statements.

To Cazboab: the sand in vagina comment doesn't annoy me at all if it was said by anyone else, a little immature, sure, who cares, but from a shop? Telling us that if we don't believe it we can go screw ourselves? Even if it's undisputed fact, as a customer, I'd rather not deal with staff with such attitude, and that's all I'm going to do, there are hundreds of shops out there to choose from, so that's just my choice. 

Sorry to say, but a mod encouraging a misogynistic comment isn't great. Let's try and keep the sexist comments out of it, fair enough? How about a comment like this "hey, I'm a sexist pig and like to use women's privates in a derogatory manner". Doesn't look good does it?

Could have said something along the lines of "Stop moaning on a public forum". Not offensive, not sexist. Not hard is it.

looks like you've got ants in your pants

Would it be better if I'd said foreskin?

Don't get upset ! I wouldn't think any female would be worrying their pretty little heads about it !! Lol

That's not addressing a gender, but open to all. So, it's fair game.

Edit:- next I'll be called names like "liberal" and "something to do with sexuality".

It has nothing to do with gender and everything to with humorous imagery. Rude perhaps but not sexist. But whatever in the eye of the beholder innit

Okay. Saying that people who moan have vaginas, is sexist. It says only women moan. It was aimed at the comments in this thread, which to the best of my knowledge, hasn't got a comment in it from a female airsofter. The sand part is fine, painful sounding but fine.

But I forgot. It's not manly to stick up for equality is it?

no he was saying that people are moaning as they would if they  (somehow) got sand in thier vaginas. As you said it wasn't addressed to any woman in particular nor women in general so I don't see how it is sexist. as for "not sticking up for equality" - thats a bit unfair - I've done my bit

But I forgot. It's not manly to stick up for equality is it?

I kinda feel people are taking you up wrong. When viewed from our perspective (i.e. the collective ArniesAirsoft hivemind) it is easy to see that it is a passing comment in good humour due to the imagery. That said you can see that it derives from a "boy's club" mentality (similar to "leave the handbags at home"). So even if it's not based on misogyny, it is still a little off. Now, it's a slippery slope - I'm not saying that you should have to watch everything you say all of the time in case someone might possibly take offence, however I do completely see where Habakure is coming from, and liken it to the "man the F* up" shtuff.

It can be a little off putting for new people. Again, I have to stress, I'm not saying "we should all stop saying anything because someone somewhere might care" but, I suppose it's just a case of being more aware of surroundings. I don't know; I see Habakure's point, but also the humour in the initial comment

I wouldn't go down that path Habakure, it's going to spin out of control really quickly, the comment is categorically sexist even if there was no sexist intent, like how saying something bad is "gay" is homophobic even with if the person using it has no homophobic intent. It should be pretty obvious why that comment is sexist, I'm slightly worried that it seems it's not obvious to some. 

We should (well we shouldn't, there are better things to do, but if we must), focus on the fact that he's chosen an insult from his arsenal, to be directed at any customers / potential customers who decides not to take his words as gospel.

*but anyway, I've said my piece on this issue, thread about ASW having issue with RM > few individual unhappy with ASW pointing fingers > ASW staff response with immature comment > Blobface makes his decision as a consumer to always shop elsewhere, can't see much else can progress for me from this thread... so, laters. 

So, I'm wrong. That's the generally view? I've tried to explain why it's sexist (aimed at men but about a female body part), women being used for comic effect in a derogatory manner. It's not about the sand, but saying that people who moan should wash the sand out of their vaginas (saying that to a bunch of men is seen as being sexist to women).

Edit:- I wrote the above comment before Blobface and Inari had posted.

Just the type of blame throwing, 'it's not our fault honest guv' excuses I expected from ASW, to be honest. Nice try to cover up their ###### poor excuse for a business with some hyped up tosh about parcel destruction.

If they'd just put "due to difficulties ensuring deliveries arrive in pristine condition and on time, unfortunately we are no longer able to offer Royal Mail as a delivery service. We Apologise for any inconvenience caused" it would have looked a lot better and more professional to everybody.

Sadly this is about the best I could have expected from them. Makes me glad I don't ever use them.

Yea im abit suspicious... considering Royal Mail dont check internal post.

Why would they have randomly checked Airsoft Worlds packages?

Unless their local sorting office have been told to look out for packages with 'AirsoftWorld' on them.

So wait Airsoft World is telling us how bad Royal Mail is?

What next, SAS will tell us to not use gifting via Paypal?

To me this sounds like partly RM and partly AW making up for terrible service. If this is such an issue surely they would have stopped using them and I am sure they will not have evidence to support that every single 'destroyed' parcel is RMs fault.

Now if this was certain other retailers I would be inclined to believe them but AW have a far from unchequred past.

'FireKnife'

To be honest, we expect no-less from Tinkerton and AceOfSkulls, speculation and accusation without the facts. So to set the record straight and show how anti-ASW they are, here's the email chain so you can decide for yourselves:

Hi Duncan

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

I am sorry but these although you do state are empty of any gases etc cannot be carried within the Postal Service. 

I did check your link and also checked out the airsoft supplier local to myself.  These magazines are i am led to believe by this supplier are made to be filled with CO2.  Unfortunately as they are therefore sealed pressure wise in this way this is the reason they are classified under our rules as a pressurised container unable to be carried, and therefore prohibited.

I accept you may feel this is unfair as you state they are shipped empty.  Unfortunately we are unable to check if the item is full or empty and as such it was decided as a business decision not to carry any item which is capable of holding gases under pressure.

Kind Regards

Sxxxxx Jxxxx

Dangerous Goods Team

------ ORIGINAL MESSAGE -----

TO: Royal Mail <xxxxxxxxxx@your.royalmail.com>

SENT: 23 January 2014 15:12:47 (GMT Standard Time)

Hi Sxxxxx,

It's now affecting our business with yet another package getting stopped: BVxxxxxxxxxGB

I hope you had a chance to visit the shop and can see these are inanimate items of cast alloy which are shipped with no gas. Can we please get a resolution to this ASAP as the alternative is we need to ditch Royal Mail as a carrier.

Regards,

Duncan

On 18/01/2014 08:28, Royal Mail wrote:

Hi Duncan

I have picked up your email this morning, and had a look though the details.

I have had a look at the magazine but i think really i need to see one in the flesh to be sure.  It would be wrong of me to give a verdict from a website photograph.  There is a airsoft supplier near me thererfore i will go and have a look sometime over this weekend. 

All we have to go on is the operators discription at the time of opening the parcel.  Unfortunatly mistakes can happen like during any manual process, but we will endevour to put these right. 

Kind Regards

Sxxxxx Jxxxx

Dangerous Goods Team

------ ORIGINAL MESSAGE -----

TO: Royal Mail <xxxxxxxxxx@your.royalmail.com>

SENT: 17 January 2014 10:29:06 (GMT Standard Time)

Hi James,

These do not contain a gas canister as we do not ship gas via Royal Mail. We use couriers only for all gas canisters as we are aware that Royal Mail don't cover them.

The item to Madrid was exactly the same, a toy gun magazine which was not supplied with gas so didn't breach your policies.

Any other queries, just ask.

Regards,

Duncan

On 15/01/2014 10:13, Royal Mail wrote:

Hi Jxxxxx,

Here's a link to the product on our website: http://www.airsoftworld.net/kjw-kc-02-24-round-magazine.html

They are supplied in tough cardboard boxes and are made from light alloy (They are not supplied gassed from new).

Good Morning,

I still haven't had a update on the parcel in question.

But has you have mentioned  ( they are not supplied with gas from new ) am taking it these contain a gas cannister? If this is correct then these cannot be sent with Royal Mail. We cannot carry new and used gas cannisters even if they are brand new or not containing gas. I see on earlier report you tried to send a similar item to Madrid which we deemed as a Co2 cannister.

If the product has a cannister in built then to stop further packages being intercepted and disposed of then you would have to find another carrier to carry the product.

Obviously if the product doesn't contain a cannister then i will keep my eye on the log of the parcel once checked.

Regards

Jxxxx Nxxxxx

Dangerous Goods Team

Please feel free to contact the DG Team for confirmation though and to ensure I don't breach anyones DPA, I have placed x's over parts of the email addys and their names. As a result, we have pulled Royal Mail as a carrier for our gas magazines so apologies to anyone who wants to purchase any as you'll need to pay for a full courier service now, sorry.

Have fun and remember, everything you read from supposed 'knowledgeable' people can be false, innacurate or just plain bias.

Archived