*Royal Mail issues* - Airsoft World Ltd.

Apex

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how the packaging was marked - I assume not as it was a private seller, though one who's sent RIFs through RM before.  The box was just re-wrapped in the usual RM plastic RD/SD bag.  The original Maruzin box contain gun was inside with the spare mag in that.

Dapperman, was the box labelled with 'realistic imitation firearm'? It would be interesting to know for future reference (I might sell off a few pistols, don't want to risk damage to the mags if RM ignore the label).

I'd be interested to know this too.

I was told by the clerk to label the last pistol I sent as a low powered air weapon and so I did as well as complying with the rest of their conditions for such a package (such as sender's address).

Funnily enough another clerk almost panicked when I sent a SERPA holster (I didn't quite know how to describe it).

Very true Apex. The only issue with Royal Mail is they say that even with 1st Class post, it isn't considered 'lost' until the 15th day from postage. As a result there can be a small delay before either a refund or replacement order is dispatched and this can cause disgruntled customers as they claim it's the sender at fault.

I am well aware this is the case with RM and so it is the same with a lot of the other places my point was that from a high level view point the contract is between the shop and the buyer anything else doesn't matter to the buyer other then the goods he / she paid for turns up.

You has the shop must do everything within your power to make sure the order arrives on time and when it doesn't don't take the easy option and blame the postal system; you take it on the chin and resolve the issue for the buyer.

I am well aware of how this can impact on a small business but thats part and parcel of doing business. Amazon (and i know they are a bad example of 'small business') have gone through a continual improvement process  and this is why their customer service is highly rated. They take care of the issues at hand, the customer is not left holding the baby so to speak.

I have been on both sides of the fence; thoese places that i have had issues with and didn't blame some one else are places that i keep shoping at. Thoese that took the easy option and blamed someone else i no longer shop with.

Any ideas how these "Highly trained" RM staff are destroying this stuff?

Loving the idea of them stuffing bottles of green gas / mags / Lipos into a metal shredder! Boom!

Or more likely if they are just lobbing it in the bin instead, I may have to start "dumpster diving" round the back of the depot.

Jim

Just to add to the lulz. I bought a pair of GHK CO2 magazines from someone in the UK. The guy sent them loaded with CO2 cartridges, and it was delivered to me without problems, by air mail.

Every pistol I have sold or bought bar the four that I specifically recall (as three of them had leaky mags etc) had gas in the magazines to keep the seals and not one was ever stopped, confiscated or anything else. Also I have bought cans of gas, gassed magazines and many other things with RM used as the delivery service without issue.

This is from private, shop and overseas purchasing too. Either I am lucky or RM just don't seem to care about me and my purchases?

Based on personal opinion this all just seems a bit far fetched still and while I don't have the best opinion of AW (not going to go into it here, boring story) something just doesn't quite add up for all of these destroyed items. Sure it accounts for some items but I wouldn't say that every single item can be accounted for in this way.

'FireKnife'

Based on personal opinion this all just seems a bit far fetched still and while I don't have the best opinion of AW (not going to go into it here, boring story) something just doesn't quite add up for all of these destroyed items. Sure it accounts for some items but I wouldn't say that every single item can be accounted for in this way.

It's simple. You get black booked. That's all there is to it. Your shipping ID is flagged, and every package is checked. As far as they're concerned you tried shipping a prohibited item, and got caught. If they've caught you before, and it's happened again, that's enough to get a flag next to your name.

For importation to our store via our main shipper all of our shipments go red (i.e. get stopped in customs), even when it's just speed loaders & promo material. Simply put, they know we import airsoft guns and so want to check each and every shipment. There is no conspiracy, apart from the occasional tinfoil hat brigade.

It's simple. You get black booked. That's all there is to it. Your shipping ID is flagged, and every package is checked. As far as they're concerned you tried shipping a prohibited item, and got caught. If they've caught you before, and it's happened again, that's enough to get a flag next to your name.

For importation to our store via our main shipper all of our shipments go red (i.e. get stopped in customs), even when it's just speed loaders & promo material. Simply put, they know we import airsoft guns and so want to check each and every shipment. There is no conspiracy, apart from the occasional tinfoil hat brigade.

I get that. That is not the answer to my point however.

It seems to me that this is being used as a blanket excuse for items going missing, stuff that would be acceptable via RM. At least that is how I see it, that may be due to my lowered opinion of the store, that may be due to my limited knowledge of RM and their systems but to me it just feels like they are saying 'sorry for all the cock ups but they are not entirely our fault, here we can blame RM too'. As I say that is just how I see it, black-list or not.

'FireKnife'

• 3 months later...

It seems to me that this is being used as a blanket excuse for items going missing, stuff that would be acceptable via RM. At least that is how I see it, that may be due to my lowered opinion of the store, that may be due to my limited knowledge of RM and their systems but to me it just feels like they are saying 'sorry for all the cock ups but they are not entirely our fault, here we can blame RM too'. As I say that is just how I see it, black-list or not.

'FireKnife'

FireKnife, we have only ever claimed that magazines and pistols were going missing via RM in any quantity. If there has been a cock-up on our part, then we say. Would you prefer we just lie about the situation and not make it publically known? And where would be the benefit to us of claiming everything was lost in the post?

Distance selling means we replace the item at our cost and then we have to claim the value of the item back from RM. We can only claim the invoice price to ourselves and this can take months to receive. Worse, they ask for a copy of the original invoice. As we order container loads, if we've had something in stock for a year plus, then the invoice went to the accountant a long time ago. The invoice is filed away and it'd cost more in time to try and track down one invoice to maybe claim £15 back! On small value items, they pay us back in 1st class stamps... Where would be the sense in us tying up/losing money in RM claims? We'd lose revenue and customers which is always bad for business. And FYI, RM only claim it is 'lost' and allow a claim to start on the 15th working day after postage. This is what causes us the most issue (http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/claims-process-for-inland-items).

As I had said earlier, damned if we do, damned if we don't. It's unfortunate that once you get a bad experience, you stick with it, shout it from the highest vantage point you can find and don't ever re-assess your position. It also taints everyone else who you speak to prior to them using a company, making them more likely to claim 'foul' where there is none :(  Don't let one bad experience taint your opinion of something (regardless of what it is) for the rest of your life as you could be missing out!

Sorry to revive an old thread but it saves creating a new one. I've ordered two TM MP7 GBB mags and they are being sent via Royal Mail. So if they arrive, does that mean Royal Mail are being harsh on airsoft world?

Habakure, there's no issue with reviving an old thread at all :) . We've now had visits from our area sorting office so they can assess what these 'prohibited' items are. They had flagged us (AirsoftWorldLtd) as sending prohibited goods as they didn't understand what the goods were (pistol magazines) and had classed them in the same catagory as 'lighters' (which are definitely restricted). They have agreed that empty magazines will now not get flagged and sent to the DG team, however we are still in dispute with them over a number of pistols and magazines that have been destroyed.

It appears that RMs 'interpretation' of 'pressure vessel' is open to common sense, and that some people within the postal service are willing to work with businesses to provide a better service. That being said, we still don't trust what the sorting office have advised and continue to ban magazines being shipped by RM, sorry.

Recently, I have spoken to people in-store who have had magazines destroyed that they've bought from people on forums and indeed whole pistols destroyed as well. Yet others have received their items perfectly intact with no delays. It does seem a bit of a hit or miss if a package gets caught when shipped by a member of the public, so send at your own risk!

So they're happy with them so as not to flag and destroy but they are disputing previous destroys of identical items?  Madness.

So who is safe to send GBBs/GBB magazines with then? Or have they stopped flagging them across the board so safe for private senders?

Two Tokyo Marui MP7 mags, arrived today, sent via Royal Mail (post man delivered them on his normal round and they were signed for). Didn't notice anything on the packaging, that would suggest the items in side were for airsoft use. I could have be lucky but we'll never know. Tempted to buy another mag, just to see if it was a fluke.

So they're happy with them so as not to flag and destroy but they are disputing previous destroys of identical items?  Madness.

So who is safe to send GBBs/GBB magazines with then? Or have they stopped flagging them across the board so safe for private senders?

According to their T&Cs and the DG Team in Belfast, nobody is safe to send them but not every package gets scanned. As ours are labelled specifically with RM labels which include our details (we have a franking machine and an RM account), when one was picked up they started scanning more up to the point we were flagged, then everything gets scanned. Sending privately with no company name on the package is less likely to get caught, but not guaranteed. Basically, send privately at your own risk :(

Two Tokyo Marui MP7 mags, arrived today, sent via Royal Mail (post man delivered them on his normal round and they were signed for). Didn't notice anything on the packaging, that would suggest the items in side were for airsoft use. I could have be lucky but we'll never know. Tempted to buy another mag, just to see if it was a fluke.

Glad they got through however be warned, you'll get no money back if they get caught potentially!

Good luck finding anywone. If you read the T&C's for most of the postal services you will find that they have get out clauses i havn't been bitten as of yet but i am aware of the risks.

Good luck finding anywone. If you read the T&C's for most of the postal services you will find that they have get out clauses i havn't been bitten as of yet but i am aware of the risks.

Forgot to say the only people we ship mags with now is TNT and UPS. As we now have UPS Access Point (they deliver to a convenience store near you instead of your home and you collect from there) for only about a fiver, it makes more sense to use this service than RM anyway.

'FireKnife'

Sounds like a load of old *suitcase* to me, sorry!

Ordered from Airsoft World (again) and they arrived the next day  (again). UPS not RM. 

Archived