*Royal Mail issues* - Airsoft World Ltd.

Apex

The 'containers' for flammable gas are non-pressurised at the time of shipping and don't contain any flammable gas/liguid or harmful substance. There is no breach of their current active policy on our part. The problem lies that the staff at the sorting office are not 'trained' to open these packages so can't deal with it at the time. That's why its sent to the 'trained' RM employees in Belfast to be thoroughly checked.

I've double checked their website and it makes no mention of whether the containers are pressurised or not, just that they're prohibited so I don't think it matters if they're empty. Also if the parcels are being destroyed after examination by "trained" staff then that would tell me it's ASW at fault not RM

I'm not annoyed or upset by the vagina comment, I just think it shows a level of unprofessionalism and immaturity which I'd rather not have to deal with when buying kit

Edit as the above post was made while I was typing: so that would be a yes you were in breech of their conditions that don't allow gas containers to be posted no matter if they're full or empty

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our regular boiler parts supplier had a very similar problem to this a couple of months back . Involving expansion vessels for boiler systems . The manufacturer / supplier have stopped using rm for a very similar reason .

The lunatics are definetly taking over the rm asylum

Just incase people were worried/concerned. Sorry if I came across as up-set or hurt, that's not the case at all. Simple good old opinion, with a explanation and at times a question to help clarify my point.

So, airsoft world thought it was okay to send out empty gass mags, Royal Mail don't see it like that and now all is resolved. Resolved as in airsoft world no longer ship certain/any goods via Royal Mail.

I've double checked their website and it makes no mention of whether the containers are pressurised or not, just that they're prohibited so I don't think it matters if they're empty. Also if the parcels are being destroyed after examination by "trained" staff then that would tell me it's ASW at fault not RM

I'm not annoyed or upset by the vagina comment, I just think it shows a level of unprofessionalism and immaturity which I'd rather not have to deal with when buying kit

Edit as the above post was made while I was typing: so that would be a yes you were in breech of their conditions that don't allow gas containers to be posted no matter if they're full or empty

Unfortunately when we had the franking machine installed and the Royal Mail guy was here, he checked what we sold and said the magazines were fine to be shipped. Since then, we have had little issue sending them up until a month or so ago when the proverbial hit the fan. We were shipping on the go-ahead from a Royal Mail representative who had looked at what we send and, while some may say that we were still at fault (you know who you are), we did do everything we could to ensure we shipped by their guidelines.

However these same 'trained' staff have been destroying NiMH batteries as 'LiPos' so read into that what you will...

So you asked the guy who installs the franking machine rather than anyone from the prohibited goods dept? Tbh what do you expect, you might as well have asked someone in the pub considering I found the same info as in the e-mail above within 30 seconds with google

Heh, well ive been told, i didnt realise you guys follow my posts so closely.

I wont be asking basic questions ever again.

And i certainly wont be making "speculations and accusation", such as making accusations against a postal company without providing any kind of proof.Then when people have questions start talking *suitcase* to my customer base and claiming they are on some kind of hate mission. Jai seemed reasonable and answerd the question clearly and concisely , then you post a bitchy comment.

So you asked the guy who installs the franking machine rather than anyone from the prohibited goods dept? Tbh what do you expect, you might as well have asked someone in the pub considering I found the same info as in the e-mail above within 30 seconds with google

Please learn to read. I didn't say we asked the guy installing the franking machine.

"...and the Royal Mail guy was here..."

IIRC the guy installing the machine is also a "trained" advisor with specific knowledge of what you're allowed to send, not that it actually matters since RM changed their policy between the machine being installed and a month ago when the problems started.

Should be easy to implement.  Three options at add to cart stage;

- Mag, complete, courier

- Mag, valve removed with tool, RM

- Mag, valve removed, RM

mag complete +£3 ish over RM base price

mag with valve removed +£4ish(for the tool) over RM base price

mag with valve removed RM base price

Then you have to account that with the bottom two some poor sod has to unscrew and repackage every mag,- not a big thing you say, but it'll take maybe twice as long to process the order because of it, so they'd be justified in putting on a handling fee on it to account for that. Then there's a good chance a customer will botch putting the valve back in and strip the threads on the mag or the valve, chew the oring etc and return the mag as faulty. Then there's the chance that as with the nihm batteries and CO2 mags that are dissasembled by default (ie no gas tank in 'em) RM will destroy the magazines anyway.

mag complete +£3 ish over RM base price

mag with valve removed +£4 over RM base price

mag with valve removed RM base price

Then you have to account that with the bottom two some poor sod has to unscrew and repackage every mag- not a big thing you say, but it'll take maybe twice as long to process the order because of it. Then there's a good chance a customer will botch putting the valve back in and strip the threads on the mag or the valve, chew the oring etc and return the mag as faulty. Then there's the chance that as with the nihm batteries and CO2 mags that are dissasembled by default (ie no gas tank in 'em) RM will destroy the magazines anyway.

That's an option, however on busy days we can see up to 100 RM orders.  Our priority is shipping ASAP to our customers without having to tamper with their goods (and now the included 'Try to avoid the dreaded RM special forces DG crew').

It's a pain... but it seems our only solution at the minute is just to avoid the situation all together.

No doubt this'll become the normal for most retailers as I've been told things like e-cigarettes and burners are also being stopped.

We won't find out until RM get back to us about it.  I doubt we can reach some solution over being able to send an gas/Co2 mags either, as they'll argue that they can't take the chance someone will send on with gas or Co2 in it.

Please learn to read. I didn't say we asked the guy installing the franking machine.

"...and the Royal Mail guy was here..."

I suggest you take your own advice and have another look at my post. There was a question mark there meaning it was a question

Either way though, you (by that I mean ASW not you personally) were posting items using RM which were on their prohibited goods list. Then when problems were encountered rather than accepting their explanation you decided to argue with them and start this thread having a go at them rather than accept it and try to find an alternative

I suggest you take your own advice and have another look at my post. There was a question mark there meaning it was a question

Either way though, you (by that I mean ASW not you personally) were posting items using RM which were on their prohibited goods list. Then when problems were encountered rather than accepting their explanation you decided to argue with them and start this thread having a go at them rather than accept it and try to find an alternative

I don't like to nit pick but i think you will find it was me that cross posted from the ASW Facebook page....

I would also like to add that if you have a current or a past  problem with the service that ASW provides that you take it up direct with them and not *badgeress* and moan here.

Me, i've used them a few times for bulk BB and pyro because they are really the only place that gives decent price points when buying in bulk.

I would also like to add that if you have a current or a past  problem with the service that ASW provides that you take it up direct with them and not *badgeress* and moan here.

Well said and many thanks Apex.

We get this constantly as one person has a bad experience and then someone keeps badgering the point regardless of what is said. We always ask that you contact us directly and we will try to resolve anything as quickly as possible. If you have had a bad experience, then we wholeheartedly apologies however don't keep labouring a point because you are feeling righteous, don't like the truth or work for one of our competitors (yes, we know who you are :P)...

Cannonfodder80, I know you were having a go at the company in general rather than myself and nothing personal taken from it. However when someone from the company you are employing to ship goods says that something is fine, why would we question it? We aren't Royal Mail so have to go by what we're told. Ironically, while a CO2 magazine for a pistol is nothing more than a valve held in an alloy case, they have also said it's a pressurised container! Yes, without a caplet in it!

While I never ever said we were blameless, my reason for registering here was to state our case as we weren't trying to shirk our responsibilities, but instead to explain why we couldn't ship via Royal Mail when we had in the past (we've been accused of hiking our shipping prices to make extra cash in the past) so if you look at it that way, we can't win. We get damned for telling the truth about RMs decision and accused of hiking our shipping to make more or we get damned for late, missing and destroyed deliveries should we continue to use them. (For the record, we have replaced or refunded every last destroyed or missing Royal Mail shipment we've had so-far at our expense. And not because it's required by law either. We have had a number of very satisfied customers over this (not all I grant you) however we've done our best.)

If you have a personal complaint over something we've done (or not done), then PM me and we can discuss it in a less public manner :) I can't say fairer!

What one "trained advisor" from RM says is usually the polar opposite of what the next one will say. I've been told 8-9 different answers to the same question when dealing with them as a co,many so it isn't beyond reason for AW to have had grief in this way. best thing to do with RM is get everything in writing and challenge anything that sounds wrong. I was always under the impression based on what I was told the last time I called RM, that if the magazine is empty then it is fine to ship, that it is the presence of the gas that is the issue.  similarly with lipo's if packaged in the oem packaging or the plastic hardcases then they were fine to send. 

as for the sand in the ladyparts comment - I would say isn't sexist per say but it does use a gender based stereotype of women moaning about petty things. My understanding of the phrase is that it  draws its contextual meaning from the assumption that anyone who is upset or aggravated by the issue under discussion is no longer fit to be considered as male. same as the handbags at dawn comments that accompany petty arguments and thus the offensiveness of the phrase is due to its implication of emasculation rather than any attack on the female. as for whether sand there is irritating well think about it.

I thought a person/company has responsibility to ensure that the package gets to the destination. If it fails to get to the destination, then the original sender is responsible? Just curious, as when I had a problem with a delivery, the sender had to chase up the lost/destroyed parcel to get the insurance.

I thought a person/company has responsibility to ensure that the package gets to the destination. If it fails to get to the destination, then the original sender is responsible? Just curious, as when I had a problem with a delivery, the sender had to chase up the lost/destroyed parcel to get the insurance.

This is correct, the contract is between you and the shop not you the shop and who ever is dealing with the delivery.

It is the shops job to make sure it all goes to plan any issues they have to deal with not you.

Very true Apex. The only issue with Royal Mail is they say that even with 1st Class post, it isn't considered 'lost' until the 15th day from postage. As a result there can be a small delay before either a refund or replacement order is dispatched and this can cause disgruntled customers as they claim it's the sender at fault.

For those who think this can't happen to the private individual.  I bought a RIF pistol on another forum.  Item was sent RM.  After a month the seller refunded me as it had not arrived.  Today (about 2-3 weeks later) it arrived, repacked, with a letter from RM Dangerous Support Team.

I was fortunate (and have repaid the seller), though it looks like RM's checks may have damaged one of the magazines.

Archived