Socom Gear CO2SEGBBR M107

Roland1014

There have been a few videos floating around for a while and Madbull showed it off at shot show, but now it seems that the GBB M107 is almost ready for release.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=853541274663244&set=vb.180245088659536&type=2&theater

Thoughts? Would it be a good anti-vehicle weapon? Anti-personnel? As far as I know it's 8mm.

From the news video I had the impression it took a whole powerlet in each shell, and was expecting something a bit more violent.  

Why does someone always come along to sagely point out that shell ejectors are impractical?  As if there's anything practical about a five foot 30 pound airsoft gun.  

Why does someone always come along to sagely point out that shell ejectors are impractical?  As if there's anything practical about a five foot 30 pound airsoft gun.  

HERPDERP SHELL EJECTOR SUCKS LOL U GOTTA PICK UP SHELLS LOL ZOMG MY IQ IS 4!!!

like that?

From the news video I had the impression it took a whole powerlet in each shell, and was expecting something a bit more violent.  

That was what we were told by madbull but I think it was a mistranslation and it was more that each shell holds almost 12g of CO2 rather than an actual capsule 

My mate really wants one of these. If it prooves to have some decent range and accuracy hes buying one lol.

Then I will play with it :D totally mad yes, but plonk up in the second floor of a building and you see a gigantic barrel and that ominous flash hider poking out people will tremble with fear.

I'm surprised the recoil comes from the shell? How is that even done? I would have thought the CO2 in shell is only to propel the BB and the recoil is elsewhere inside the gun with a separate gas source (so you could still manual bolt it if there's no juice in the internal tank)... umm.. interesting.

So now I'm thinking of gutting it...

and make it into a M2HB.

Drop all other projects, social life, social media, ever watching television, leaving the house, sleeping more than 4 hours a night etc.  Engage hermit mode for the next year or so.  Make it happen.

Well, belted .5 mostly only comes in tins of 100 rounds and for an airsoft project I'm pretty sure about 30-40 would be plenty, heck I'd be impressed if anyone ever built such a thing that could fire more than about 5 consecutively i.e. without eating itself or jamming every shot.  Then when it comes to the video you just do what they clearly did here:

• 2 weeks later...

A gas-blowback with decent internals would have a market for sure and considoring that HUGE magazine it would be quite easy to get stable FPS from it... And then they go and ruin it by making it use shells.

Such a waste.

While not as "manly" as GBB or even fully real size ive proven the Snow Wolf AEG a monster skirmisher with its light weight and looks.

Then again the AEG is almost pointless as it is just a massive shell. This is actually somthing new and interesting..

Not asthough your going to be running round with this thing, youll be plotted up somewhere easy to just pick them up. That or im sure theres a shell catcher.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

Archived