Bored of Tm Hi capa

Dickens

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you got bored with the HiCapa, the P226 will probably get you excited again. I know thats what it did after I got mine.

Or, you could simply use some money to radically upgrade your HiCapa- adding a purple SV-style grip with trades, installing a 6 inch inner barrel (rifled Tanio Koba!) with a 6 inch Springfield armories slides, and slap on a spring kit for better recoil and FPS. I know I have handled a tricked out HiCapa similar to the one I described to you and it didn't shoot, feel, or look ANYTHING like a stock HiCapa.

The weight with the new slide and barrel was hefty, it had full trades, looked great with the SV colored grips against the gunmetal Springfield slide, and of course, was still a Marui that outperformed all the plastic WAs ;-)

Sledge, that sounds like a good idea, i shall have to have a think now lol And seth, again very good idea bout up grading the Capa but i just need somthing completey different (nothing .45 style) but i bet a tricked out Hi capa would be the nuts, just not for me. Although, if you can get picks of that Hi capa on here i would like to see it :D lol

Cheers

Hey sledge are those HFC M92's really good, ive been looking at them at airsoftmart and they are selling them for £79!!! Bargin, and ive read the review by just pistols and it sounds pretty good, are they reliable??

Cheers

You could look at snowman's review of the KSC Elite as well, those are £80 at fire support and apparently snowman's favourite gun (leave two for me for when I get some money though :P)

Really MUST revisit that review, it was written a LONG time ago, but it was a good gun and I still reckon, looks wise, it's a winner, even if it's slipped down to the lower reaches of my top 10 by now.

Who else makes a gun in a similar style to the Hi Capa that is in anyway comparable? The Hi Capa has a good kick, nice "bang," and holds 30 rounds. Pretty damn good, when its kicking those rounds out at about 300 fps. I suggest medical help if you're bored of the Hi Capa. :)

:zorro:

Nurse! Nurse! 300fps - Wish the one I have would get there... Kick's definitely on the wimpy side - Maybe I've got one with a dodgy O-ring?

Sorry how can a gun be boring to shoot? The Hi Cappa is fun to shoot, just like any other gun....

Go on say WA, I don't think you'll get your comission if you don't 

Poor kick, odd balance, make it dull. Now - You REALLY couldn't say the Desert Eagle is dull to shoot - Worrying, but never boring! :)

WA - There! Happy now? :) Better just mention KSC, KWA, KJW, HFC, Tanaka, Marushin and Maruzen while we're here - Need all the commission I can get :P

Cheers.

Snowman u know ur pistols, please help me! lol I know now that it cant be a glock or a desert eagle (wont fit in my current cross draw vest holster). What do u reckon would be a good one to buy, sig226, HFC M92, ksc elite???

Cheers

Well, what it is you got bored with about your Hi-Capa?

All those guns are good from what I've seen.

TM SIG 226, supposed to be nice and accurate - Quite nicely made, I'll admit the seams are NOT as bad as they looked in some of the early pictures, although they are there. Good trademarks, nice and compact, lots of gadgets (decocker, etc) to fiddle with and a tactical looking gun. The Tanaka HW one is much better looking though.

HFC M92 - I guess you mean the metal one. Great value, solid, good performer. Some of the casting looks a little soft and you have to live with the 'toy gun' markings.

KSC Elite - Proves that WA style finishing IS possible at TM prices. Great looking gun, although the trades are all faked. Mags hard to find (with the rubber bumper, although mine was a bugger to fill mags with, even though it supposedly slid on and off), but there is a metal slide that'll fit.

Cheers.

Cheers snowman +1 rep point for you. Its just a compromise between them. And the thing im most bored about the hi capa is just the design, i need a new pistol, its a fantastic shooter dont get me wrong, but me and her have to go our separate ways, it was never ment to be (stroking ICS M4) :D lol

Nurse! Nurse! 300fps - Wish the one I have would get there... Kick's definitely on the wimpy side - Maybe I've got one with a dodgy O-ring?

Yeah, I reckon your one MUST be faulty in some way. My Hi-Capa shoots at about 300fps too, and the recoil is second only to the TM Desert Eagle Hardkick. Same story with a few others I have had the chance to play with. See if you can have a play with a few other Hi-Capas for comparison ;)

I was speechless when I saw your previous comment about it being "boring to shoot" as all the ones I have used have been among the best, but if yours is faulty, that would explain it :)

TM SIG 226, supposed to be nice and accurate - Quite nicely made, I'll admit the seams are NOT as bad as they looked in some of the early pictures, although they are there. Good trademarks, nice and compact, lots of gadgets (decocker, etc) to fiddle with and a tactical looking gun.  The Tanaka HW one is much better looking though.

Supposed to be? Makes it sound like you've not used one?

:D And this is why Snowman needs to take both his precious WAs and the venerable Maruis beyond the confines of his garden to truly appreciate the differences of both in a field game. You kind of forget the "seam lines" of the P226 when you're amazed how it shoots farther and more accurately than pistols one and a half times the price.

EDIT for author of topic:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=5967

There's a UNCo fully upgraded HiCapa, they made it look more like a real-steel SV competition sport shooter. The one I handled, however, had purple SV grips, a gunmetal-black colored Springfield armories 6 inch slide, and a TK rifled inner barrel.

Indeed, hence my comment that it is supposed to be better - I try not to make absolute statements on guns I've not got experience with.

I have handled one, though, so I feel as qualified as anyone else to make the other remarks. :)

:D And this is why Snowman needs to take both his precious WAs and the venerable Maruis beyond the confines of his garden to truly appreciate the differences of both in a field game.  You kind of forget the "seam lines" of the P226 when you're amazed how it shoots farther and more accurately than pistols one and a half times the price.

Horses for courses - I don't NEED to be able to hit someone 200ft away, but I'm sure an AEG is a MUCH better way of doing that, if I did ;)

Cheers.

Archived