Cybergun Colt 1911 Rail Guns.

BigAl

No idea. Feels very solid and tough though. If I were to guess I would say anodized. Or maybe just even bead blasted? :o

Really want to pick one up but can't decide if I want to game with it or keep it for display (its gorgeous!!)

Guess I'm picking one up with a leather holster :D

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

bla bla bla...

One more thing. The black grips I have on now slide around a bit because the inner and "outer" holes are a little larger than the screw "pin" and the heads. Will have to space that somehow. Preferably with suitable washers. Not too bad but annoying.

FYI I fixed the above sliding around of the grips by putting small rubber o-rings between the screw heads and the grip (underside of screw head of course).

Solid as a rock now! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I can personally recommend the stainless one. Very nice, and for that price, not even worth thinking about :D

And things on sale have priority over other builds. Can't ever pass up a good deal. Even if it means buying on credit :P 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't speak for my most recent ones but the first one I had a shot a little bit in my apartment over the course of like 1-1½ years and I did not have any issues with the seal on the magazine, which was nice :D

What about taking a normal kwc 1911 and strip the paint then polish it.

I'd still take a kjw 1911 over any other brand if I had to have co2.

Look at my YouTube channel mate, or my avatar, I did that, took my standard Kwc 1911 fully polished it to a mirror finish and got it engraved and put some real steel 1911 resin grips on it. That pistol is my order and joy.

ATB Marc

Nah they are laser etcher in the material/finish. I tried rubbing it off with alcohol but doesn't do anything.

Shame :(

Thanks for letting me know though. They really look amazing, I just heard about them this morning actually...I'm going to treat myself I think :)

The finish in the pictures I have found looks really nice, do they look as good in the flesh?

Check the video I posted above for the stainless one. WYSIWYG, if your monitor is somewhat correct.

Video is exposure adjusted, white balance adjusted and color adjusted. 

Thanks again.

Sorry, I didn't look through the previous posts first, I was struck down with 1911 fever :)

I'll have a watch when I get home.

• 4 months later...

Well I just got hold of one, looking forward to it arriving!

Just a quick question please??? Obviously I'll want to replace the grips (I got the stainless version) but does anyone know of any replica grips that don't require modding to fit?! I really hate doing that kind of job myself, I always make a mess of it :(

A while ago, I don't remember which thread, someone linked to a facebook site, where they did custom grips that accommodated the CO2 bulge.  They actually specialize in wooden grips with special logos, but they also router out the backs of 1911 grips.  Wish I'd bookmarked it...

A while ago, I don't remember which thread, someone linked to a facebook site, where they did custom grips that accommodated the CO2 bulge.  They actually specialize in wooden grips with special logos, but they also router out the backs of 1911 grips.  Wish I'd bookmarked it...

That sounds perfect! If you remember or find it please give me a shout, I'd very grateful.

Archived