Anyone a Firefly fan?

bankz5152

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed.  That was the speculation.  Consider the fan base outpouring for Con Man pretty much purely on the basis of Firefly & Serenity and they basically have funding for as long as they have ideas.  Just the time that is the problem.

When first watching Firefly I didn't dig the cowboy-ish sci-fi setting but the wonderful characters grew on me. Its a perfect example of how characters can have depth hereby creating drama, and when this is balanced perfectly with comic relief its a recipe for good TV! Mal kicking that dude into the turbine, priceless. :) 

I re-watch it once a year with the wife.

Oh and that con man thing looks interesting. BTW I seem to recall someone posting pics of Firefly themed skirmishes on Arnies some time ago.

The internet is a tad a buzz with Firefly info. A few of the cast met up for New York Comic Con and all said they would do a second season! Also as mentioned a few hints on and around Con Man.

While making a second season holds MANY difficulties both on set and off its still possible, not getting my hopes up too much though... 

The way I see it is you could get a season after Firefly and before Serenity however if it proved to be popular and a money maker creating another season would be problematic to say the least because of the events of Serenity. 

Or Joss has to come up with a way to bring Wash, at least, back I mean he did it for Buffy, Angel and Coulson. Though writing that it would be difficult to say the least! Alan Tudyk's idea was to have it start off with Mal on a desert moon somewhere, then gets the crew back together. 

Book was spoiler ed for me having seen some of the extra unused scripts.

Ok.. I need a team of men with particular skills to find joss wheedon kidnap him and tie him.to a chair till he finishes a project I want season 3 of dollhouse.

Also there is a serenity themed lap using airsofr where you go as a crew if I remember rightly

I want season 3 of dollhouse.

Why would you want such a thing? I'm gonna say something, and bear in mind when i say it that I am a big fan of Whedon's work, and an even bigger fan of Eliza Dushku's backside.

Dollhouse was *fruitcage* terrible.

Also anyone notice that Season 8 (well a few episodes) of Stargate SG1 are space western-y? When Vala comes in, it pleases me.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

I stopped watching sg1 after s7/8 ish, can't remember why, I didn't get past s2 of Atlantis until I netflixed it this year, and I just finished SG universe on netflix as well.

I'm going to do all 13 series of SG1 next.

I stopped watching sg1 after s7/8 ish, can't remember why, I didn't get past s2 of Atlantis until I netflixed it this year, and I just finished SG universe on netflix as well.

I'm going to do all 13 series of SG1 next.

Season 9 and 10  are poor compared to the rest tbh.

13? 10 seasons of SG1 + 2 films.

SGU is awesome, massive shame that got canned as well, it had so much potential

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Plus the original Stargate film. :P

Agreed on Universe though. I really wanted to see where it was going to go next.

I didn't really like SGU, it had a nice concept, but it didn't connect.

I can't really place any one thing that I didn't like about it, except maybe that everything is so fraking dark all the gak damn time. All those dark walls make everything seem unpleasant. Sure, it was SUPPOSED to seem unpleasant, stranded beyond the reach of technology, but it made it unpleasant to WATCH as well.

I guess I also hated that so many characters invented arguments for no reason. "Hey, we're trapped here forever in a small space with less than 100 people, I know, let's off as many of them as possible."

I enjoyed it because it was reminiscent of the new BSG. I really liked the gritty horrible feeling the show had, really built on the atmosphere of the show as a whole. 

Bit of a cop out with the whole '9th Chevron' business but hey they kinda made it work... 

Got to say the season finale of Atlantis was terrible. McKay "oh look guys I found a wormhole drive just at the last second" :wacko: 

Anyone watched Con Man yet? 

Archived