My stock TM G3SG/1 is being fitted with a CA MBK right now (cocking tube set and receiver), I'm getting it back tomorrow.:) Paul at Airsoft Extreme stripped the gun down and gave it a thorough inspection. He fixed the HOP-up, cleaned the inner barrel, installed the MBK, put everything back together, and tested the gun. Everything cost me $243 plus Californian tax and labor. A pretty good deal, I think.

dyers, your hostage looks a little... deflated. And whats with the exposed chest? Indecent exposure! I demand that picture to be censored! Just kidding.:P

The CA SAR Taktik is externally identical to the TM G3SG/1 except for the metal body. It can take anything the TM version can take, so no worries.

I use a CA low-profile G3/MP5 scope mount on my SG/1. It's the best - super stable and very cheap. The TM claw mount is no good - it put the scope off-center and could be accidentally released. As for a full RIS set, I see no point. It would only increase the weight and you won't have a comfortable handgrip anymore. A vertical grip will interfere with ground clearance, not a good thing if you intend on going prone.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dyers, your hostage looks a little... deflated. And whats with the exposed chest? Indecent exposure! I demand that picture to be censored! Just kidding.:P

We were just playing a game out into the far reaches of our field. The opposing team went and hid in a building on the field. So my team all ran through the open (there is no cover except some fox holes and a row of trees behind the building if you can get there).

Storm the building and.... WTF?? Find that there. Whats worse is one of the guys commented that there was gaffa tape holding it together in a place I wont mention :blink:

Mostly, some minor differences but nothing that would stop you putting a RIS kit on.

EDIT : what kind of scope mount were you thinking of using?

Probably This One Here, mainly as G&G make some pretty good external gubbinz :P

As for a full RIS set, I see no point. It would only increase the weight and you won't have a comfortable handgrip anymore. A vertical grip will interfere with ground clearance, not a good thing if you intend on going prone.

Yeah, but a RIS set will allow me to do depraved things to it :P Besides, I don't see a Vert Grip interfering any more with ground clearance than the drum mag I intend to use with it :lol:

Plus I'm considering the possibilities of giving it a '203 as well, saying that, I'll probably get the gun and see what it's like stock before I go doing anything with it (CA guns have a bit of a rep for being very weighty :))

:geek:

Price (USD) 

$32.00  Out of Stock

Pwnt.

I was actually after one of those scope mounts myself, but i couldnt find anyone with them in stock >_<

I take it you're planning a LMG conversion for your G3?

Well, WGC have them in stock here if that's any help? :)

Oh, and if by LMG Conversion you mean slap a drum mag on it, then, yes, yes I am doing a LMG Conversion :lol:

I'll make an educated guess that *isn't* what a LMG Conversion entails? :P

++EDIT++

Feel free to elaborate on what said LMG conversion *does* entail ^_^

Edited by BoB SoiL

Ah, thats the short one. I wanted the long one which is hard to find atm.. i've got a much better rail anyway now, although it did cost £48 >_<

And no, just a drum mag doesnt really mean a LMG conversion in my books.

What i'd consider to be a LMG conversion would be heavily modifying the gearbox to cope with high rates and large amounts of sustained fire and modifying the externals to make it cope with the role better...

Give me a few weeks and mine should be finished :D

Edited by Rob15

The one on Redwolf is also the short one... :huh:

Anyways, what's this long mount base you're talking about? D'ya have linkage? ;)

As with all my guns I do intend to replace all the internals at some point, though the guns I've had longer will take precedence methinks :P

When I do get round to it I'm thinking a Reinforced 7mm Gearbox, 7mm Bearings, Guarder FTK (with a 1J spring instead of the stupidly powerful SP120 they ship it with :lol:), Systema Turbo Motor and a nice chunky large battery ^_^

Not sure what I'd do the externals though, I reckon it looks quite the part already :)

Hmm, i'm putting bearings in my custom gearbox, but only on the bevel gear ;)

Externally theres a lot more you could do, i've got a few pics of what i've done already but i wont post them yet, but it looks so much better :P

Only issue is that this G3 is going to cost more than a CA M249....

Oh dear god that truly is a monster...

..with altogether about a half-mile of rails :P  Looks frickin' awesome man, and a supportedly-weaponised G3 is about the only gun a drum mag looks acceptable on :D

Hehe, thanks.

I don't really like the look of the drum mag myself, but its still a lot better than the C-mag i had which i found to be far tooooooooo wide.

Only problem now is finding a nice RIS Bipod, i've got a KA one but it doesn't look right on such a huge gun. The annoying thing is i just sold a G&P bi-pod which might have looked ok >_<

Looks so much better with normal mags...

SG1LMG2.jpg

SG1LMG1.jpg