WE New SMG ?

fnc

Its not a Glock mag but its made to look like one. Its got a flatter top angle and different valve placement. *Probably* a catch cutout in the back side as well.

too bad they didn't go with an uzi style mag instead. And then go ahead and make an uzi too.

On 11 de julio de 2020 at 11:26 PM, Brigg said:

Its not a Glock mag but its made to look like one. Its got a flatter top angle and different valve placement. *Probably* a catch cutout in the back side as well.

too bad they didn't go with an uzi style mag instead. And then go ahead and make an uzi too.

I use from back in the years STAR "uzi" magwell adaptor and magazines, lovely!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If there Glock Style but not Gloc Compatible mags they are missing a trick.  Should be compatible with the most common gas mag out there, just like most real PCC AR's are Glock Mag Compatible.  People want to use same mags in long and short.  Plus it means there a GAs/co2 and Drum mags already available from the off.  Frankly there stood if they don't use Glock Mags.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a screenshot from one of their pre-production videos in May. Magazine looks unique, I’m guessing they chose to use a unique mag rather than try to deal with the mag and bolt catch limitations you’d get using normal TM style mags. Blowback seems strong and everything locks properly, shoots pretty decently on auto too. 

Haven’t seen anything about it in the news forum here, but they announced it alongside an updated version of their BHP, hopefully the changes on that will be decent

EAEE1DD6-79CF-4D19-A584-8552ED41C355.jpeg

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Yup.  Terrible decision.  Maybe Northeast could partner with GHK and do a proper one with their Uzi mags, pinned magwell insert etc.

Be still, my heart.

Honestly, I'm pretty well set on getting a Northeast Uzi whenever that comes out, so I'll probably experiment with making a magwell converter for my GHK AUG. If this WE used Uzi-like mags I probably would have bought it to make a Colt DOE carbine and a head-start on the AUG idea.

Just an odd decision. I wonder if there was some sort of internal game of telephone- project lead says it'd be cool to make a 9mm AR, designer says it'd be more commercially successful if it used widely-available Glock mags, engineer decides existing Glock mags won't work so makes a variant. I just can't rationalize it otherwise.

Edit: Oh yeah, all that said, it's not out of the question that they might redesign the mags to a more Uzi-like shape. They redid the MP5 mags, after all.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:42 AM, CatgutViolin said:

Honestly, I'm pretty well set on getting a Northeast Uzi whenever that comes out, so I'll probably experiment with making a magwell converter for my GHK AUG. If this WE used Uzi-like mags I probably would have bought it to make a Colt DOE carbine and a head-start on the AUG idea.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the Northeast UZI, and potentially considering making a DOE for its magazines... I already have DH'd UZI mags (for my KWC) but if I'm selling the KWC, I'll sell the mags with it...

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, BigAl said:

DOE Carbine, its called a Colt Model 635.

The DOE carbine is the Colt 633, not the 635. Shorter barrel, different handguard and front sight.

It's often referred to as the DOE carbine because referring to Colt variants strictly by manufacturer designation is a pain to keep straight.

Archived