KWA G23f & G19 - Rocket Valve Replacements

R22Master

I'll sell it for £500 or I'll keep it ;)

Then Airsoft Dynamics were wrong.  Chances are it was a mistake that they have now removed.  There are NO rocket valves int he mag - Trust me ;)

yeh, that sounds right ;) i'll give up looking now :) so has a rocket valve ever broken in any of you G19's :unsure:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hhmmm 500... would that be worth it?

i doubt it, but how much would the gun and slide cost? do you also have the stronger recoil spring for it?

Gun & Slide = £69

But I love it, so £500 to make me sell it. ;)

yeh, that sounds right ;) i'll give up looking now :) so has a rocket valve ever broken in any of you G19's :unsure:

Nope, NEVER had a rocket valve break on a G19, but had 4 break on my G23fs. I just figured I could have a few extra in case any actually did go on my G19s. :)

Gun & Slide = £69

But I love it, so £500 to make me sell it. ;)

Nope, NEVER had a rocket valve break on a G19, but had 4 break on my G23fs.  I just figured I could have a few extra in case any actually did go on my G19s. :)

ah yes, the sentimental value of a gun owned by R22 always pushes the price up a bit :rolleyes:

I see, spares ;) i would upgrade my G19 a bit but i need the money for a TM SIG552 :) maybe another time :unsure:

another thing, on your site it says the rocket valves stop the gun from fireing when there is no bb in the chamber, would that be why the rocket valve is sticking out on my P229, cause if it is there is something wrong with it :unsure:

wOOt, 500th post :D

eh???

Doesn't say anything of the sort on my site.

Rocket valve does not stop the gun from firing when there is no BB in the chamber. The firing will occur pretty much exactly the same from the shooter's perspective, just that no BB will shoot out.

Are you in the presence of fumes from drying spray paint tonight or something? :no2:

Actually it is a durability upgrade.

I have had 4 plastic rocket valves snap in half on my KWA Glock 23fs during normal useage within the last 2 months (see previous posts), so I am replacing these plastic valves with metal ones for durability.

Basically, at the moment, the plastic stock rocket valves are only lasting me about 10 magazines at most before they self-destruct. ;)

eh???

Doesn't say anything of the sort on my site.

Rocket valve does not stop the gun from firing when there is no BB in the chamber.  The firing will occur pretty much exactly the same from the shooter's perspective, just that no BB will shoot out.

Are you in the presence of fumes from drying spray paint tonight or something?  :no2:

hmm, im sure it said something like that :unsure: what do they put in predator ultra exactly :rolleyes: and i havn't used my airbrush in a while :blink: i think i've been away from school for to long :huh: my memory is now *beep* and i have forgoten 50+% of what i learned there <_<

oh well, at least i can still remember some things like girls email addresses and compositions of explosives :rolleyes:

hmm, im sure it said something like that :unsure:

What exactly is my web site address anyway? I think you have been looking at the wrong site :P

oh well, at least i can still remember some things like girls email addresses and compositions of explosives :rolleyes:

Yeah, they'll be fawning all over you with knowledge like that ;):D

> Rob15 says: "Hey baby. I know your e-mail address y'know. Wanna help me blow up the school?"

:rofl:

The movie "Heathers" springs to mind ;)

What exactly is my web site address anyway?  I think you have been looking at the wrong site :P

Yeah, they'll be fawning all over you with knowledge like that ;):D

> Rob15 says: "Hey baby.  I know your e-mail address y'know.  Wanna help me blow up the school?"

:rofl:

The movie "Heathers" springs to mind ;)

oh noes, i was wrong, predictable really <_<

"It is a small valve that improves the efficiency of the mechanism by cutting off gas flow to the barrel when there is no BB inside"

damm, i take back anything i said befor

oh and i was known as a pyromaniac at school <_< , heh i even have a TRUE utility jet lighter in my pocket atm ^_^

*hides box of fireworks*

ahem, anyway ;)

EDIT ; oh and i was reading that at 5am you know :rolleyes:

Ummmm, yeeeees. Thanks again for your "leavings" all over my thread anyway :)

Basically, the rocket valve is a valve that shuts off gas pressure to the barrel when there is little or no resistance in there. Basically, the rocket valve "rockets" forward to cut off flow to the barrel, leaving the gas's only escape path as a burst in to the blowback chamber - hence blowing back the reloading mechanism of the gun. If you fire the gun with a BB in the barrel, the rocket valve remains open until the BB has left the barrel. If you fire it with no BB in the barrel, the valve simply closes slightly sooner. The shooter notices no difference though.

Hope that helps ;)

Ummmm, yeeeees.  Thanks again for your "leavings" all over my thread anyway :)

Basically, the rocket valve is a valve that shuts off gas pressure to the barrel when there is little or no resistance in there.  Basically, the rocket valve "rockets" forward to cut off flow to the barrel, leaving the gas's only escape path as a burst in to the blowback chamber - hence blowing back the reloading mechanism of the gun.  If you fire the gun with a BB in the barrel, the rocket valve remains open until the BB has left the barrel.  If you fire it with no BB in the barrel, the valve simply closes slightly sooner.  The shooter notices no difference though.

Hope that helps ;)

yeh, thanks :) and sorry for messing up your thread ;)

Rob15: The valve that recognizes the precence of a BB in the chamber is called WA Magna Blowback's floating valve. That is the kind that ever so slightly sticks out of the loading nozzle. Found in WA and Tanaka guns.

The rocket valves for KSC Glocks also increase power. Because it's heavier than the original piece, gas will be routed behind the BB for a little longer. It's also smoother so gas flow is a little better.

But the main thing is durability.

-Sale

• 2 weeks later...

Im glad we got that one cleared up ;) hehe

So R22Master, have you fitted the valves yet? WGC confirmed this morning that the FireFly valves DO fit. Like you the original plastic part in my KWA G23 snapped before firing 10 mags:( Usless!! So i've ordered one as well and fingers crossed i'll be back in the game soon.

Now all I have to do is know how to fit it...

Sorry, forgot about this thread in all the excitement of my new toys and upgrades arriving :D

Yes, these rocket valves DO fit the Glock 23f, and boy, do they work well. They seem to slow the rate of fire a tad, but that is a good thing. It means that your gun isn't empty after one quick blast on the trigger ;)

They are pretty easy to fit too. Once you have removed the blowback chamber, you just have to push through the retaining pin in the middle and swap out the valves. Re-insert the pin with the rocket valve underneath and reassemble the blowback unit. Sorted ;)

These new valves are VERY solid and I am confident will never break. I'm happy :)

You should also get either the Proud or Hidakaya floating valve spring, it is much stiffer than the stock one. I own 7 KSC/KWA and have firefly valves and hidakaya springs in all my chambers. I found that after removing and comparing the stock valve springs they were all very inconsistant in length and strength, just by a few mm's each. The Hidakaya and Proud ones are MUCH better and only about 6 dollars, well worth it.

Sorry, forgot about this thread in all the excitement of my new toys and upgrades arriving :D

Yes, these rocket valves DO fit the Glock 23f, and boy, do they work well.  They seem to slow the rate of fire a tad, but that is a good thing.  It means that your gun isn't empty after one quick blast on the trigger ;)

They are pretty easy to fit too.  Once you have removed the blowback chamber, you just have to push through the retaining pin in the middle and swap out the valves.  Re-insert the pin with the rocket valve underneath and reassemble the blowback unit.  Sorted ;)

These new valves are VERY solid and I am confident will never break.  I'm happy :)

Nice to see you're happy. i told you they would fit. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: At the request of "bronney", I have chronographed the gun with the new rocket valve in it, to see if it makes any difference to the FPS.

The results show that it makes little to no difference to the FPS of the gun. I remember it chronographed at just over 300fps with the original rocket valve, and with the new rocket valve, it chronos at a fairly consistant 305fps.

Hope that helps ;)

• 3 months later...

argh, i had this problem, i thought my gun was knackered,

after around 3oo shots, it started firing one or two shots per mag(delayed after pulling the trigger) then venting all of the remaining gas,

is this the same problem that this is designed to solve?

if so i will buy one

sorry for double post, and im well aware this thread is dead and buried,

but yes they do go on G19's at least i think they do, because mine's stoped working with symptoms above,^^

ill see if i can get it working again, i am admitadly somewhat of a noob though, this is my first gbb (shock-horror) as i am completely and permanantly broke,

the dissapointing thing is that my nice shiny new gbb g19 packed up after around only 300 shots :( ...

nothing will put me off airsoft though... :rolleyes:

Seems to me from my limited experience that a busted rocket valve won't cause venting problems. If anything, it'll prevent the gun from cycling properly. A thwack of the hammer on the output valve should release the same amount of gas no matter what, unless there's something wrong with the valve, the hammer/spring, or both...

Archived