CA249, inital impressions.

Screwschom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you don't have a job, and your parent don't give ya money, where does the income from? Pimping... nuff said. :) Either that, or you have one of those money trees growing in your backyard. I gotta get me one of those...

well, I have a friend who started with a UHC mp5sd6 springer and now has the largest airsoft collection I know of. I doubt if he has spent more than $300...he just learned how to fix gear boxes and has been set from there, getting new guns for fixing old ones and such

Ordered mine! Hopefully it will be here before Northern Wind II *prays*

Ordering my battery tomorrow for it. I got a back up 9.6v 2100 mah i'll use, and a double back up 9.6v 1700 mah that I use in my AK for the time being as a tripple back up.

Okay well i had my first field run with it today, and it was fantastic, One BIG HUGE WORD OF CAUTION, the classic army box mag is made of a very weak cheap plastic, it snapped in the first 20minutes of a game, and i didn't even run it into anything. the latch where it connected to the gun snapped a piece off and then it cracked along a line. the internals of it are very nice but the shell isn't up the game, the top version is much more resilient.

I have been worried about the box mag myself.

I have come to the reailzation that CA plastic and heat does not mix. Today I played in 100+ sun and I let the gun get hot, the glue that attaches the stock to the stock plate seemes to get hot and not bond anymore, so the stock broke off of the gun today.

Also yesterday I had to replace my bucking with systema bucking because the CA bucking had actually worn down quite a bit.

The bipod is made of sub-par material.... at least the big metal chunk that has the nubs sticking out so the legs will lock in... anyways the nubs are wearing off and I can see the bipod becoming useless.

Luckly everything so far has had an easy solution.

Stock- re glue it on with 2 part epoxy or gorilla glue

Hop-up- durrr add systema bucking

Bipod- get just released CA RIS systems for M249 and get real steel RIS attached bipod... or im open for replacement bipod solutions if anybody has some.

The CA box mag is the same demsions and has the same clip as a real steel CA box mag , and I have fitted a real box mag to my ca249 already. I think with some enginuity you could transfer the internals.... or make a custom cloth 100rd mag mmmmmmmmmm hott

The real steel m249 box mag's clip is reinforced with metal... something CA obviously decided to ignore.

Archived