CA249, inital impressions.

Screwschom

Forgive me if this has been stated somewhere already, but doesn't the gun fire in automatic only? If so, how do you decompress the spring after shooting?

Also, Trasher, do you have a high-resolution (1600x1200 thereabouts) version of that picture? I'd like to use it as a wallpaper :P

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forgive me if this has been stated somewhere already, but doesn't the gun fire in automatic only? If so, how do you decompress the spring after shooting?

Also, Trasher, do you have a high-resolution (1600x1200 thereabouts) version of that picture? I'd like to use it as a wallpaper :P

Good point.. I havent figured a way to decomress it yet.. It will stop as soon as you let the trigger go, in whatever stage it would be...

The trigger mech does have a second tab on it that could be for single fire but I see no easy way to rig something up

OMG OMG!!

i got to play with one of theese at CSW on sunday as well as a 60 and jesus is this thing superb!!!

just seeing the ROF is amazing!

great for laying down and just spraying all over the place!

also its dam heavy!! impossible to run with it i rekon

I managed to fit my heavily modded, 8-cell Large Type Sanyo 9.6v 3600mah (taken from my TM AK), but it's extremely tight, sooner-later I'll have to shorten the wires. Recharging gonna be pain in the *albatross*...

Can we do a little survey here on battery packs for the CA 249?

No mods at all ? Do you need to disassembly the stock to put the batteries ? I have tried with both medium sized 8,4 1300 mah and large sized 8,4 3000 mah batteries. Still none of them fit correctly to my M249 stock. Now I have to use 8,4 1100 mah small batteries to power it. I wonder how you guys be able to put large batteries with no mods.

i just put the battery by removing the butt plate, pull all the wires out, slide the battery in, and then have the connection all the way in the back.

edit: i just checked the instruction manual. it says to make the connection first before silding the battery in. that might be the problem. do like i do.

1. pull the wires out back

2. slide the battery in

3. connect the wires

4. tuck in the wires .

Any of you guys tried shooting it from an M16 mag yet?

Bit perverse, I know, but I like the way the M249 looks with a mag sticking out of it.

Also, looks like people are spending quite a bit before they get a reliably working gun. Makes me feel a bit happier with my £200 M60DX

Bit perverse, I know, but I like the way the M249 looks with a mag sticking out of it.

Also, looks like people are spending quite a bit before they get a reliably working gun. Makes me feel a bit happier with my £200 M60DX

I have and its a bit more manageable to run with... however it really empty's m16 mags out way to fast....

I also use a 9.6 battery and it fits easily... I make the connections at the back of the stock

Also, looks like people are spending quite a bit before they get a reliably working gun.

Yep, it works 100% with the M16 hicap - just make sure you fully seat it (the fit is very tight)... I went to our real steel range today and shot 1500-2000 rounds (boxmag + M16) and reliability is excellent. After sighting in, it was dead on target at 25 meters.

No mods other than a Guarder M110 spring.

The only feeding problem I ever had was a stuck, deformed BB inside the boxmag.

has any1 tried to use a m16 c-mag with the m249? im not sure if the drums on it would hit on the body of the gun, stoping it from being fully inserted. but it would give that 'unique' look since every1 and his dog will proberly be saving for a m249 now that ca have released one, and STAR will be releasing one soon too (hopefully cheaper with the plastic gearbox)

Archived