CA249, inital impressions.

Screwschom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok guys with CA249's.

i have just recived my beast, and before i try it out, i want to make sure i have the hop tunred off, so i dotn strip the piston.

now if im standing BEHIND the gun, am i right in saying that turning the dial to the RIGHT turns the hop OFF ?

thats all i need to know thanks.

also how do you get the mag out. i tried pushing the lever thing down, but it doesnt budge.

i am teh 249 n00b

ok guys with CA249's.

i have just recived my beast, and before i try it out, i want to make sure i have the hop tunred off, so i dotn strip the piston.

now if im standing BEHIND the gun, am i right in saying that turning the dial to the RIGHT turns the hop OFF ?

thats all i need to know thanks.

also how do you get the mag out. i tried pushing the lever thing down, but it doesnt budge.

i am teh 249 n00b

It is covered in here: http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/arti...rticle&artid=10

You are correct....from behind the gun, clockwise is off.

thanks for the link dude.

i have just fired my gun for the first time, and while AMAZINGLY impressed, by botht eh speed, and most of all the SOUND of the thing, i encountered one problem :

unless i hold the button on the mag down, it wont feed bb's while i fire.

now this may sound stupid, but i thought it would be like my MP5 hi-cap, where i can wind it and then fire for a couple of hundred rounds before re-winding the mag.

is mine bust, or is it normal to have to hold the button down all the time while firing ?

Apparently it is normal with the CA box mags to do that. I think that is ###### though because with the TOP box mags I had in the past, you wound them until the sound changed and then you could fire off a bunch of rounds before winding again. TOP claimed 300 rounds which I doubt because I tested it and found the following (doing this from memory so cut me a bit of slack):

-Wind mag until sound changed = 80 rounds

-Wind mag until overwound a bit = 130 rounds

-Wind mag until motor started to struggle = 180-200 rounds

Best thing you can do is to wire up a remote switch, so you can easily hit that instead of having to reach under the box mag all the time.

cheers dude, you've been a massive help.

im thinking of taking a remote switch and attatching it to the front of the trigger, so when i press the trigger i also press the mag winding switch :D

one more question.

i dont have the range to adjust the hop properly in my garden, but i assume it is possible to get a flat trajectory without having the hop on too much, risking a piston stripping ?

i am VERY wary about turnign the hop, i really cant afford to strip the piston. for my initial firing, i had the hop completely off, and i dont know how much i can turn it before it gets 'dangerous' for the gun.

No problem, I help where I can. :)

I don't have a CA249, but since the design was lifted and slightly changed from the PGC design, of which I had two PGC-equipped SAWs, I hae a pretty good feel for them.

You don't need to dial the hopup on very much to get a flat trajectory and good range from what I've seen of them. Go on the safe side, and just turn it 1/8 of a turn at a time, and you'll be fine. A good way to judge that I used was to use the notches in the dial as your marker....and then I would mark on the dial with a paint pen with .25g BBs was the spot that worked, so I could just turn the dial there every time without having to test. I would put the dot so it lined up down the center of the gun. It will change slightly once you get 30,000 rounds or so through the gun and the hopup bucking wears down some, but it is still a good rough estimate.

Does anybody have a damaged Top mag? I need the pinion gear for the motor inside the top box mag? It broke about 5 minutes after I go it..

Also if you have a CA box mag that the clip broke I would be interested in the internals...

See attached pic.  It the hole in the front part of the receiver just in front of the handguards.  The hole you are pointing to is the pintle mount (for mounting to vehicles, etc).

Just out of interest... has anyone's outer barrel fallen off? Dunno if this has been brought up already but, as I was putting my CA249 away for storage it just came off (was holding it vertically via the carry handle). It didn't take much effort to put it back in, and it's in there securely (at least I hope so), but I can't seem to identify a pin or something that locks it in? I wouldn't want the outer barrel to fall off during a skirmish... :blink:

Holding it by the handle was a very bad idea (not to mention vertically)...

Maybe, but if you can't hold a gun but the carry handle, shouldn't the part have a more appropriate name? Like an avoidance handle perhaps? Or a quick-disassmbly lever?

youwill notice that near where the barrel came apart is a little lever that you press to remove the front set of the barrel. this is most probably what you did, dont worry about it.

i have been using my carry handle almost everytime i pick mine up, and its still as solid as it was.

and also cheers for pointing the sling ount out guys. looks a bit flimsy though..............

Haha, I would too.  *start saving now*

I AM HAPPY.

I AM HAPPY BECAUSE I AM GETTING ONE TOO!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'll see if I can figure out pics; should be interesting to see a thin 15 yaer old (that's me ) shouldering one of theese bad girls....

CHRISTMAS OF '05. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Ohh, and have a nice day.

P.S:Dose anyone know where the vathroom is? Im getting a CA M249, so now I've got happypee.

Ohh, and an actual question: That belt can be found on Redwolf yes?

Thanks; I'll start looking now anyways...I'm so happy! I'm really not trying to brag, I'm just in such a good mood; what with getting this and Python's (Monty) Holy Grail being on...

ONE! TWO! FIVE! Three, my lord! Of course, three! <Boom>

Maybe, but if you can't hold a gun but the carry handle, shouldn't the part have a more appropriate name? Like an avoidance handle perhaps? Or a quick-disassmbly lever?

Then how about renaming all the purposeless ###### on other AEGs, like charging handles, muzzle brakes, flash hiders, bolt hold open latches, 200-400-1000m sights, etc? :rolleyes:
i have been using my carry handle almost everytime i pick mine up, and its still as solid as it was.
Mine is everything but solid, the barrel lock is poorly designed (sorry, copied) - just like the pot metal bipod assembly which is an even bigger POS. Carrying the CA249 by the "carry handle" is an accident waiting to happen...
Mine is everything but solid, the barrel lock is poorly designed (sorry, copied) - just like the pot metal bipod assembly which is an even bigger POS. Carrying the CA249 by the "carry handle" is an accident waiting to happen...

Agreed. Just like the TOP, I would highly advise against carrying the gun by the carry handle unless you feel like having the roller wear against the outer barrel groove.

NOO WERE NOT RELATED!!!! I got most of the money for this from the sale of my YE MP5, which was going towards an M14, and now its going towards a SAW.

Lol cool. But how could you sell such a beautiful gun- mp5 gbb? lol

I must agree with Enzo, there is nothing wrong with selling a gun to buy a new one :) Infact I may one of these myself with the money I made from selling

Archived