Man shot dead!.

sniper_boi

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can also say for sure there is not way the RoE will have changed. It simply doesn't need to.

Plus chaging the RoE for either the police of military isn't just a case of some senior officer issuing an order, it's quite a long legal process.

Besides persons authorised to carry arms & ammunition within the british isles are already authorised to use lethal force. So why would they need to change it.

It's always been shoot to kill, to my knowledge you can't shoot someone in a nice way.

Just a case of the media making things up/talking ######s again.

5 shots (from one person)would be excessive, but let's assume the intial reports are correct and there were three officers, and each went for the double tap to ensure he went down.....doesn't seem so excessive now....

Its just that the eye witness claimed only one of them had a gun. But do we believe him? In high stress situations your brain can easily confuse "what it thought it saw" with "what it actually saw"

Only time will tell.

Exactly.

Many times have I been to an incident in the past where there have been tonnes of eye witnesses. Yet none of them told the same thing.

At the end of the day, the only witness who doesn't lie is the evidence...

Indeed, Sky News did tell us that on the 7th, the army was on the streets of London...

Did they? Didn't hear that one. But then I don't have sky, only News 24 and ITV news channel on freeview.

They were probably right though, some of the Army/RAF/Navy probably were on the streets of london, given that the MoD main building is in London as are several Army barracks.

Of course they were probably just walking home.

slightly off-topic

my neighbour (RAF Regiment) has just been transferred to NBC duty (from a mortar team leader, and previous to that was counter-terrorism), and is currently in Canada training for it.

i suppose it shows the forces are taking extra precautions at least.

?

We've always had a large NBC unit mate. In fact since the end of the cold war it's shrunk down massively.

And TBH, the MoD wouldn't have anything to do with a CBRN attack in the UK unless is was so big that the civvi authorities couldn't handle it.

So which branch of the Police MIGHT have been trailing a suspect and prepared to put 5 shots into one man's head?

We've been given the impression that the Police generally use minimal force to stop armed suspects (to reduce 'collateral'), so are there Policemen trained and prepared to 'terminate with extreme prejudice'?

It just sounds counter to what we're told Policemen are trained to do...

Cheers.

Would you rather they hadn't shot?

If they hadn't shot him he would have got on the train and very possibly detonated a device.

Massive casualties, and the police get it in the neck for not acting.

I think they did the right thing, and I hope the evidence bears that out. Right now we are relying very much on the news services, and we have no way of verifying the accuracy of those reports.

Edit:Spelling.

Would you rather they hadn't shot?

Are you asking me? If so, you'll see from my earlier post that I share your sentiments, entirely.

There was no option, I just wondered who would use so MUCH lethal force, rather than the bare minimum, which we're told is normal Police practice (and it seems so, from other incidents).

I suppose I was also wondering, following from other threads, if this might have involved other branches of the security services.

Sounded a bit like that incident in Gibraltar in some respects.

Cheers.

Archived