Man shot dead!.

sniper_boi

My wife was doing some study work on psychology a while ago, including some criminal stuff relating to memory and eye-witness testimony, I can't find the file to check the figures, but eye-witness testimony is something like 60-80% inaccurate as I recall.

As for five shots, it takes 3-4 people minimum to hold some-one immobile, two officers and one wildly struggling suspect might have required the third officer to take this number of shots to score an effective hit(s) even at point blank, but the risk of richochet or fratricide in such a confined environment is massive, I will be suprised if it really was five shots.

On previous evidence it is safe for them to have assumed he represented an immediate danger to the public, and acted as they did.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the press conference on Sky News, the man was identified from CCTV footage and had been under surveillance. They followed him this morning hoping that he'd lead them to the others, and when he got into the station he obviously realised he was being followed. He vauled the barrier, and attempted to board the train wearing a thick coat. The police told him to stop, and then shot him.

Would you rather they hadn't shot?

If they hadn't shot him he would have got on the train and very possibly detonated a device.

Massive casualties, and the police get it in the neck for not acting.

I think they did the right thing, and I hope the evidence bears that out. Right now we are relying very much on the news services, and we have no way of verifying the accuracy of those reports.

Edit:Spelling.

As I said before I am glad he was shot, it was obvious he was up to something to cause harm, they did their job and stopped a thread to civilians with the necessary force. Like I said before , I would have been more worried if they didn't a man vaulting a barrier and charging towards a train.

From what i've heard, the armed units of the police are, to say it plainly, cowboys. they're desperate to get out there and cap someone. but that's just what i've heard.

*Edited for clarification* This is not my opinion, it's just something i've heard from someone who does have an opinion about this.

Supporting the cops doesnt mean supporting everything they do, right?

Its a little too soon to know if they overreacted or acted like it was necessary, but i hope that if the shooting wasnt right the cop/s dont get away like in the US:"he took his cellphone like a gun"; "when he took out his wallet with his ID it couldve been agun, so we shot (4 cops) 43 times(NYC)".

Pledge to the English: Dont get nervous, ok? I hope my friends in London dont plan to come back.

Seems that there are several other addresses in London being searched.

Witnesses have reported hearing "gas and gunshots" so probably CS by ferret and a flashbang.... Leading to implications that there were no bomb making parts inside..

Admitting to being "totally distraught", he went on: "He half-tripped, was half-pushed to the floor.

"The policeman nearest to me had the black automatic pistol in his left hand, he held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him."

Unconfirmed reports suggest the man was involved in Thursday's assault on the capital; it is not known if he had a bomb when shot.

:::::::::::::::::

Now boy that would be veryyyyyyyy harsh if the guy didnt have a bomb on him. Everyones assuming he had a bomb on him, no one knows this though. If he did don't you think the police would come forward and say he had something on him?

Also Ian Blairs Comment was also interesting..

He said that today's shooting of a suspected suicide bomber at Stockwell Tube station, south London, was "deeply regrettable",

Why would it be deeply regrettable if the guy DID have a bomb attached to himself....... I dont know if you lot know where im coming from but i think theres a twist to this story yet to come.... Im not convinced that he had a bomb on him.

If he did have a bomb then thumbs up and well done to the officer who did blow the guy in the face 5 times from 40 cm's away

Archived