Man shot dead!.

sniper_boi

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the situation, I don't think they had much choice.

Apparently he was identified as one involved in yesterday's bombings.

Wearing a bulky jacket when it's hot and muggy.

Possibly carrying a bomb (we don't know the police intel on the situation though)

Could have a detonator trigger in his hand.

Given the situation, I don't think they had much choice.

Apparently he was identified as one involved in yesterday's bombings.

Wearing a bulky jacket when it's hot and muggy.

Possibly carrying a bomb (we don't know the police intel on the situation though)

Could have a detonator trigger in his hand.

I was about to say the same thing.

Save the SEALS ######, but (let's hope on two counts that he WAS a bomb carrier - One that he's dead and two that he wasn't just some idiot running late...) you can't seriously suggest this was inappropriate force.

These people are SUICIDE bombers, let's not forget. They WANT to die and they WANT to take as many innocent (except in their eyes, of course) people with them as possible - There can only be ONE way to stop them and that, sadly, is with pre-emptive lethal force...

Cheers.

If that guy wasn't a suicide bomber he was just suicidal..

I'm Asian.. In a tube-station.. with a big coat on.. armed police everywhere.. they won't mind if I jump the gate and sprint towards that train!

If what's been said so far is true - then he clearly had as much common sense as a flaccid penis. Who jumps barriers with ANY kind of police around? let alone ARMED police.

You people saying 5 shots is a bit OTT...

As has been said before, these guys WANT to die- they're not going to let a bullet in the leg stop them from detonating themselves are they?

You take the decision and I believe you make sure he's down for good.

OK So mixed sources say that three officers pinned him to the ground and then headjobbed him five times.

Without discussing the effects of real steel rounds here, they were brave to carry on after two......

But like I said, I'm not sure I believe the news reports yet..

OK A few points to those who PM'd me.

It's not often you see armed police in plain clothes, so it was probably a surveillance job.

The MET police have confirmed it was their armed officers that shot a man (they'll now be investigated by the Police Police) who was confirmed dead at the scene...

Jeez..... Shot on suspicion of carying a bomb? What, didn't the polics actualy check to see if he realy had one!?!

:( Not good, anyway.

How do you check to see if a suicuide bomber has a bomb?

Police have been given orders to shoot to kill if they believe someone is about to detonate a bomb.

They have? Where did you hear that? Links to your source please.

Theres no way you'd hold someone down while they were shot repeatedly, its just a bad idea. Bullets can very easily ricocet (spelt wrong) of a hard surface such as a train floor, sometimes even a skull but not at this range.

You don't want a stray bullet bouncing in to one of your colleagues.

It sounds a bit suspect we need to wait for some concrete details.

5 bullets to the head would result in a red mushy mess with bone chunks in it. (sorry if your having your dinner)

Police are believed to be under orders to shoot to kill if they believe someone is about to detonate a bomb.

On the back of the Firearms Authorisation Card it says

The Law

Section 3 Criminal Law Act 1967 and Section 3 Criminal Law Act (Northern Ireland)

1967:

‘A person may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances in the prevention of crime, or in the effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large’

When making a determination as to whether the level of force used was lawful in any particular instance the courts will take cognisance of the articles under the ECHR.

Circumstances when Weapons May Be Fired

Firearms may be fired by AFOs in the course of their duty only when absolutely necessary after traditional methods have been tried and failed or must, from the nature of the circumstances, be unlikely to succeed if tried.

(It is strongly advised that warning shots are a dangerous option as they may lead a subject or other officers to believe they are under fire or cause collateral injury.)

Never know it change....

Theres no way you'd hold someone down while they were shot repeatedly, its just a bad idea. Bullets can very easily ricochet (spelt wrong) of a hard surface such as a train floor, sometimes even a skull but not at this range.

You don't want a stray bullet bouncing in to one of your colleagues.

i think this is probably what xRAZERx was referring to......

Archived