Marui M93r AEP

sillyp

So, I noticed on the front page that Marui plans to release their new AEP M93r soon. What do you guys think? Are the AEPs gonna become the next best thing for budget minded airsoft enthusiasts? Are you gonna get one?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the AEPs gonna become the next best thing for budget minded airsoft enthusiasts?  Are you gonna get one?

Of course they will. GBBs will be a thing of the past this time next year.

Look at the way the G18 AEP sold!!!

Look how popular it was.

Oh. Hang on...

You dont have to use it to know you hate it. Just watch some one firing it full auto and youll know. I think it has to do with movies, but for some reason people can put up with rifles that dont cycle a bolt but a pistol without a moving slide is just plain wrong. A pistol should not shoot like that and sound like a sewing machine.

You dont have to use it to know you hate it. Just watch some one firing it full auto and youll know. I think it has to do with movies, but for some reason people can put up with rifles that dont cycle a bolt but a pistol without a moving slide is just plain wrong. A pistol should not shoot like that and sound like a sewing machine.

And neither should a rifle. So I guess we all best switch over to classic airsoft!

And yes you can beat a GBB. Some people prefer batteries to having to buy gas.

And neither should a rifle. So I guess we all best switch over to classic airsoft!

:unsure: im not planning on getting a asahi M60 or a JAC MP5 SD6 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

EDIT : oh, and i do like the idea of a AEP ;) wouldn't mind getting a 18c

How does an electric non blowback beat a GBB? the most i've heard one of those Glock 18C nbb's shooting at is about 250fps after extensive upgrades, and only about 200-220fps out the box. I think i'd rather have my 300+fps Glock GBB's over that. Couple that with the fact there really unrealistic, i'd say the GBB wins hands down. I challenge anyone to shoot a electric G18c, then shoot GBB 18c and end up choosing the electric one.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying they're totally cr-p or anything, just not really my thing and i think they're a touch overpriced.

Yes but that sound has already been associated with AEGs not to mention it sound compareable to real rifle fire. Obviously its not the same but it has a similar quaility on the other hand. Handguns do not.

If you buy a propane adaptor and one or two of those small camping tanks its on the same cost level as BBs.

I had a G18C AEP. I had a USP. I preferred the AEP MUCH MUCH MORE than the USP. Yes, the fps was lower, but distance was the same, and accuracy was MUCH better. Great hopup unit.

How long does a fully gassed mag last? a couple loads.

How long does the battery last? 400+ rounds. and it's only 7.2v 100mah.

If you like the recoil and "realism", then yes, GBB's are for you.

If however, you like a REALLY effective, accurate, high ROF, cost efficient sidearm, then the AEPs are great for you.

Yep I have a G18C AEP and I love it......... I don't want moving parts on my pistol that use up gas (costs money) and causes inaccuracy (recoil) and loud noise. Plus I want my sidearm to be low maintenance and last a long time (30,000 pellets is alot for a pistol).

So bottom line is this........ the AEP is SUPER practical (espescially with the high cap) over GBB against AEG.

Realism is something that I am not bothered about........ the guy who is more bothered about what he looks like (does my bum look big in this?), is often the one who shouts HIT in my experiance.

I just want a gun that will do the job, with good range and accuracy. The AEP provides what I want. 50m range with impressive groups.......

The battery does run out after around 300 pellets on semi auto, but swapping it takes only 10 seconds (it is that easy.)

Buy one of these, before you knock it.

223fps is what my G18C chronos at out of the box and that is ample........... many second hand AEG's (of the same price) don't pull much more than that...... I've seen AEG's get only 180fps............

So yeh, it is pricey, but is an investment that over time will save you money on gas and ultimately make it a cheaper gun than a gas variant.

Good Luck ;)

Some people like realism, and some people like more practical things. AEP's are practical. 100rd magazines, good power, batteries last for a while. I love GBB's, but I see AEP's as much more practical. When it really comes down to it, its just a personal choice.

No - gas will be around forever, because recoil and slide action in pistols is just so essential for the feeling of realism airsoft gives. Reducing pistols to mini AEGs just doesn't cut it for many.

and gas blow backs are fairly simple and relitivly cheap to produce :) they also have full sized mags :D

All you people who say they are less realsitic dont use AEGs then right?

with rifles there isn't much choice, with the old gas rifles you usually had to have a external gas supply with makes it similar to paintball and impractical ;)

and yes i have been looking at the classic airsoft foums, and it seems most of the old guns fire over forum limits :blink:

Some people like realism, and some people like more practical things. AEP's are practical. 100rd magazines, good power, batteries last for a while. I love GBB's, but I see AEP's as much more practical. When it really comes down to it, its just a personal choice.

yep, for skirmishing i plan to only use practical guns :) and for plinking i plan to get a classic gas BV rifle :D

All you people who say they are less realsitic dont use AEGs then right?

And the G18 can reach 330 with upgrades. And you can take your gas Glock and have it run itself out like most auto gas guns do.

In the case of AEGs its th only option not to mention what we are acustomed to. If we used classics then we would have the hose running to our buttpack which is not realistic. Besides how many movie do you know that show cool shots of a rifle cycling? Not too many. How many show the slide moving? Nearly all. We have become acustomed to this so AEGs dont bother us. Besides the sounds and operations of AEGs are much closer to the counterpart than AEPs. Listen to the sounds of AEGs firing next time and you realize its somewhat like a muffled real steel. Now watch and AEP with that sound. Its completely wrong. If I had the option of spending $310 on a marui with a cycling bolt or $310 with a fixed bolt I would pick the cycling one. But we dont have a similarly priced alternative. Pistols do. AEPs are wrong.

Archived