• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice :)

Woo yay, Krylon goodness arrived today!

It took some experimenting, and the Medium Brown was too light, but in the end I settled with painting the grips/stock in Black, then adding OD stripes :)

A simple, relatively clean look...

Will put up a pic or two later :)

Damn hard to get decent pics of this thing - it either looks too shiny due to harsh lighting (which is most definately isn't, this time), too dark and only one colour, or the colours look too contrasted. Annoying...

IMG_0874copy.jpg

IMG_0878copy.jpg

IMG_0880copy.jpg

IMG_0881copy.jpg

IMG_0883copy.jpg

IMG_0886copy.jpg

I've got a Spec Ops Brand Wolf Hook coming soon, so I'll update pics then (or maybe in the gear thread).

Note the enormous tube of Jaffa Cakes, now empty, from Xmas. It contained 60 Jaffa Cakes. And I ate them all! Mwhahahaha!

Edited by HaVoC_MaN

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands my friend.

Leave the house and go for a walk or go visit a buddy.

Those jaffa cakes sound like ring dings or any other Hostess cake smothered in chocolate. The only difference is that the center of the jaffa cakes contains an orange jelly whereas the ring dings contain a mystery paste that Hostess calls "whipped cream". :D

Hehe thanks :P

I'm currently in a "Should I? Shouldn't I?" position as to whether I should paint the rest of the thing literally right now...

Well my first tip is to change your foregrip paint if you do paint the entire rifle. Camoflauge shcemes never follow in the same direction like yours does. Notice how they seem to be half circles moving towards your barrel. If you simply addes maybe a line breaking off from one it will help.

The other side is more random, it just turned out that way... :mellow:

My question to you is...how exactly did you get such narrow lines out of a Krylon can?!

It took some practise to get my lines as narrow as they are, and I'd prefer them to be narrower, like I swear yours are.

Edited by HaVoC_MaN
A painted rifle would seem a tad out of place in a building.  Yeah it would.  Unfortunately my rifle has basically been painted since the day I got it, so I didn't really have an issue with painting over it again lol.

Yeah jazzman that 203 will look awsome with a paintjob. have you thought about painting your mags?

EW. No. *shudder* :nosleep:

jazzman is that a barrel plug in your 203? beacuse it look like your'e smuggling oranges.

No, it's a Nerf Pocket Vortex :D As I said I was having fun launching them around the house and backyard yesterday.

Damn hard to get decent pics of this thing - it either looks too shiny due to harsh lighting (which is most definately isn't, this time), too dark and only one colour, or the colours look too contrasted. Annoying...

I actually like the look of only black/OD. However I think you should use black flat paint instead of just paint od around the existing black. Two reasons- the texture will be different, and the finish will look different. (black is shinier than the OD parts)

As for painting the whole rifle just depends on what you do with the gun.. if it's an outdoors only gun then by all means, if its going to be used indoors too... you opt to not.

By the way Sweet alienware and love the statue on your wall :D

Did you strip the foregrip back to naked plastic and then just add OD HaVoC? Or is the black a Krylon respray?

I ask because I'm looking for a certain finish on the frame of my P14.45 when I cover the original OD with black and I'm not sure Krylon is silky enough...

<Edit: missed keystrokes>

Edited by Corporate_Black_Ops