AK47 to be the next AEG by UTG!

staticzero

WTF? That's only 2.5% more, not that much different, and we're nowhere near the lowest. Combine it with everything else here, you'll soon see this pattern emerging that we weren't actually meant to have any money for ourselves by the way things have been done.

HK has a 13.4% tax.

And cars here are sooooo *fruitcage* expensive it is insane.

Like TWICE THE PRICE of UK.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now I've switched to thinking about a TM M1A1 tweaked to look more like a 1928, with custom drum mag and used real-steel wood furniture (and a violin case of course). . .

Carls been thinking of this for a long long time, the only way to get a drum mag is to gut a real steel one and convert it if it's possible.

and a cheap ak......tempting....

NOOOOOO.

Copyright laws only apply in it's own country, like US copyright laws can only interfere the sales of cloned products within US. That's why US can't tell Marui to stop producing replica with trademarks. US can't only pressure the Japanese government to step in. Same with China, if China doesn't want to comply to US copyright laws, US can't do anything except give them more pressure.

the truth is, most of the copyright regulations went international like 20 years ago. its true that the copyright laws in different countries are different as well, however this does not stop the original holder of the copyright to take legal actions against the copycat in that foreign country. however, in most cases, suing a copycat may not be so wise afterall,for instance few years back in china, microsoft sued a company making air conditioning units for using pirated copies of windows in the systems for their head office. the local chinese court sentenced in the favor of microsoft, however, because that company could not afford the compensations microsoft proposed, the court allowed the compensation to be reduced to 5% of the original proposal.thats what usually happened to copycats in a developing countries if the big giant of the industry wants to take actions.

besides, TM did purchase licence for most the models they produce, for example they contacted FN in Belgium and bought the licence to produce an AEG replica of the P90, then FN sent them copies of blue prints and everything even couple of samples to help them get the size and scale right.Apparently TM is proud of it since this helps to build their product image. Similar thing happened to KSC,only ended differently, only after the first few batches of their Glocks were released into the market, they had trouble renewing their licence for producing further models, Glock revoked everything they offered in return. after that KSC kept going on producing the Glock GBBs though, only they did whip out the Glock logos on the handle of their GBBs.

nowadays the big brand names keep running around to patent their products in different countries in the hope to avoid the trouble microsoft had years ago.

Spoiler of the thread——rumored pics of the AK

these pics have been floating around the net in some chinese airsoft forums for quite some time, don't get your hopes up just yet, they could be shopped or result of some maniac's DIY, anyway, shopped or not, I surely wish it could be real.

2005916174012726-vi.jpg

2005916174055727-vi.jpg

2005916174256947-vi.jpg

2005916174321990-vi.jpg

on the lower reciever it clearly marked "Made In China" could it have been shopped?

2005916174531217-vi.jpg

2005916174552948-vi.jpg

2005916174646799-vi.jpg

200591617476445-vi.jpg

2005916174748550-vi.jpg

2005916174435468-vi.jpg

All the front mold points (from grip forward) are exactly the same as my TM AK47s... and my AK has that "Mould" impression on the hand grip too.

Looks liek a fake if you ask me, looks too much like a TM. BTW I have a metal body so I cant compare the markings on that or anything

Cazboab gave me a link to a pic of the AK, where the wood grain appeared to be more of a straight brown, not at all what it looks like in those pics. I'll see if I can find the link. Keep in mind, it could be fake as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the original Airsoft Atlanta Blog post (as seen in my original post) reported, "I would expect them to be online around, say, November? Maybe, just depends on transit times from China. I was told they would be here for the Christmas holidays."

FWIW.

Archived