6 shooters

clmwrx

Ok I come here today to ask a few questions.

Which revolvers have the most metal content?

Which can handle green gas out of the box?

Which ones can handle green with the least modifications?

Which ones are double action(double action is my preference at the moment)?

Do any come with wooden grips stock?

Which models have removable shells(at the moment I am opting for removable shells unless the ones without have an advantage of some kind)?

Can some revolvers hold more bb's in them than 6?

Thank you for your time I must get back to computer class at the moment.

I had a tm .357 and was pretty disappointed. I think it held 4 bb's in each of the 6 tubes. It was very plasticy. I only had a can of green gas at the time, and after 5 or 6 fills at least 1 of the seals was shot. I gave the gun away, and I'm pretty sure it was never fixed. Very disappointing.

Now, the single action tanaka saa I recently got is much more satisfying. I haven't tried it on green yet, but if I remember correctly, it will take it. 18 bb capacity. Receiver and outer barrel come plastic, the rest is metal. There's a review of the chrome version at just pistols, and this review of the model I bought http://www.airsoftretreat.com/features/reviews/tanakasaa/

that clinched my decision to buy the cheaper "usa" version.

HTH

I think, especially for the marui versions the removable shells tend to leak gas and aren't very good quality, the best ones to get are supposed to be the ones with a sort of magazine in the revolving bit ( sorry for lack of technical lingo) they're supposed to vent less gas, and plus there's less chance of loosing shells. Not hold me to it yet but it's the response I got when i asked the same sort of question, but i went on to get a " Magfed nickel sissy pistol".

Which revolvers have the most metal content?

Tanaka. Their cylinders and crane assembly are made out of metal, and some have metal side plates.

Which can handle green gas out of the box?

Tanaka takes green without any problems (at least the M29 series from my personal experience). Some Marushins are known to be too weak to handle HFC22. (Anaconda series, and some problems reported with Raging Bull)

Which ones can handle green with the least modifications?

Those that cannot handle HFC22 cannot be easily modified as far as I know...

Which ones are double action(double action is my preference at the moment)?

Depends on the type of revolver that it replicates.

Do any come with wooden grips stock?

Few Tanakas come with wooden grips. Short barrel M29's come to mind readily, but look at them case by case basis.

Which models have removable shells(at the moment I am opting for removable shells unless the ones without have an advantage of some kind)?

Marushin and KWC? Shell-type revolvers tend to lack power.

Can some revolvers hold more bb's in them than 6?

Tanaka. Extra BB's are stored inside the cylinder or in ejecor rod.

Thank you for your time I must get back to computer class at the moment.

Real steel grips are widely available on eBay.com and are a direct fit to Tanaka revolvers.

If you're after a great looking, shooting, feeling revolver, Tanaka's the only answer. The lack of shells is a problem for some, but you soon get bored with reloading every 6 shots.

If you MUST have shells, you need to look at Marushin's 8mm revolvers.

Cheers.

nice news about those USA tanaka SAAs- I'd been looking at them for a while wondering what the deal was with them being so cheap. Shame about the plastic quality, but I can live with it for the sake of saving the better part of $50 from HK.

must go to next skirmish as Clint, methinks...

So none have metal outer barrels?

Looks like tanaka for me

lol.

Mine does:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ndpost&p=473341

and hammer mods has a couple of saa articles:

http://www.hammermods.com/saa-tech.htm

http://www.hammermods.com/cavalry.htm

btw, thanks for the +rep :)

edit: oh yeah...I was searching out some of the metal parts availability for this gun. I can't seem to find anything in stock, but DEN lists the chrome receiver, and I thing wgc had a couple cavalry length metal barrels. So parts do "exist" but I guess finding them is the hard part...

I really like the looks of the m500 and the super blackhawk, but the accuracy on the blackhawk is ...

your welcome btw

I now know I do not want removable shells as well.

EDIT:

I am getting the tanaka m500 chrome UNLESS someone has a reason why I shouldnt

*grabs can of spraypaint out of backpack*

*tags "revolvers su-" before the Sledge Police appear*

*runs screaming like a little girl*

*Sledge police gun down Exp*

Speaking of, where is he? I thought for sure he'd poke his head in and scream something about revolvers being better than "magfed sissy guns".

He must have a life outside of airsoft! God be with him!

I really like the looks of the m500 and the super blackhawk, but the accuracy on the blackhawk is ...

your welcome btw

I now know I do not want removable shells as well.

EDIT:

I am getting the tanaka m500 chrome UNLESS someone has a reason why I shouldnt

I own it in black.

Whilst I love the revolver, it is VERY large. It is larger than a Desert Eagle, for example. Pictures do not do it justice, and you may find it too large to comfortably skirmish with.

Holsttering and drawing are also a *badgeress*.

I own it in black.

Whilst I love the revolver, it is VERY large. It is larger than a Desert Eagle, for example. Pictures do not do it justice, and you may find it too large to comfortably skirmish with.

But overall, how is its performance? Ive been eyeing one for :P

I own it in black.

Ahhh sounds just like the pistol I want. ;)

Archived