My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they had the undoubtedly bright idea to wash the carpeting at my workplace yesterday. I have no idea what they used, but now the whole room stinks. That cloying, moist stench brings to mind old houses that stayed closed for some time. Despite having the window open since 7AM, it's not going away.

You need a wet and dry vacuum cleaner. Get some decent fabric cleaner (try car upholstery shampoo, that usually smells nice.) Apply liberally to carpet, agitate with a brush, then vacuum it all out. 

Todays two rants: People with 'normal' sized feet. I, sadly, have size 15 feet (16 US, 50/51 EU). It is a struggle to sat the least, to find decent socks, let alone affordable shoes.

Mrs Tink manages to purchase cheap shoes at primark and the like, for values under £10, safe in the knowledge that they're not the best and at a tenner you can change them four times in a year and not be massively out of pocket when they wear out.

I cannot do that. The cheapest pair of shoes I've ever personally bought was around £37, and that was a pair of converse (they're comfy, reasonably stylish and have zero drop. good for walking). I've had shoes literally three times that price and they're no better quality than the £10 pair Mrs Tink buys.

Brake pressure regulator on corrado is *fruitcage*ed.

Rear axle bushes on corrado are *fruitcage*ed, but thats ok! Because the rear axle itself is very nearly *fruitcage*ed.

Am currently cooking for 7 people - my girlfriends entire family.

Her brother is running late.

I'm slaving away doing honey and orange glazed gammon joint with full roast accompaniments, and he couldn't marshal his *albartroth* out of the house on time.

If he was eating bacon, cut him some slack. Bacon needs a lot of lovin' and time just slips away. If he wasn't eating bacon, give him both barrels. . . .

Edit: eaten way too much today. Too much and am not stopping because I'm comfort eating, and it feels way too good to stop now.

All be more of an adult and punch a bag or something. Unless the person you want to punch is a rapist/murderer/thief, then have at it.

Or Piers Morgan, or Nigel Farage, or Alex Salmond.......

As for me I have to spend the next few days and Christmas with my Dad, which is fine, and my Step-mum which really isn't good at all. It will be a struggle to go four and a bit days without telling her to *fruitcage* off but I am sure I can manage it.

'FireKnife'

Archived