Taiwanese sawn-off shotgun.

BakaBox

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another update from my Taiwanese Teammate:

actually, Arch, they sell it all over....i mean, it's made in Taiwan right? 

I saw the product already. I couldn't handled it because they actually wrapped it up with clear plastic. And also, they have two versions: 8mm bbs and 6mm bbs.

You don't need to get two guns.... You can buy the different barrels separately.

As for performance, i've been told that it's more of a collector's piece rather than a skirmish gun. The day i went to see it, the store owner was quite busy so he didn't explain it to me in detail....he mentioned something about leaking gas.... Of the shells or the what I'm not sure....But he said it was just a "fun" piece to play with.

price range at around $172 for long barrel and $154 for short barrel. Shells are at about &10 bucks a piece. That's directly the price here converted to Dollars.

Let me look for further info....

I'm a little disappointed about the general performance comment....but I'll wait to see what else he can dig up on it. Whenever I hear more I'll post more.

It's doubtful that the Tanaka shells would work. They need a barrel in front of them that's pushed up against the front. Otherwise the whole front of the shell blows off. It would have to be very close to the proportions of the Tanaka shells to work. My guess is it's more akin to the Hudson's, whose shells are ridiculously long in comparison, around 5 inches.

Just receibed my wgc order including the tanaka shells, 5 in a paper box, the back holds the filling valve and can be pushed to let the gas go out (jus suppose, didn´t have gas)

I can´t see any reason for them not to fit in any other gun, 19 mms diameter, more or less like a real 12 gauge and if the pryce tag keeps so far I will have to let them go for later projects or make mayself any kind of sawed shottie.

Just receibed my wgc order including the tanaka shells, 5 in a paper box, the back holds the filling valve and can be pushed to let the gas go out (jus suppose, didn´t have gas)

I can´t see any reason for them not to fit in any other gun, 19 mms diameter, more or less like a real 12 gauge and if the pryce tag keeps so far I will have to let them go for later projects or make mayself any kind of sawed shottie.

Try shooting one without a barrel against the front, ie dropping a gassed shell. You will blow the plastic ring that holds the o-ring in place about 30 feet out. It's a friction fit for some reason known only to Tanaka. Without that piece the shell is useless since the bbs have nothing to keep them from rolling out the front. I found my piece by sheer luck. The shells for the Taiwan one are bigger. BTW, unless you have the loading tool that came with the gun you'll have a hell of a time gassing the shell. It keeps the valve from being pushed in while you gas it up.

Archived