Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Arma Laser didn't fit the TM G26 100% because the frame design is not 100% with the RS. There was a gap between it and the frame. It also didn't fit 100% on any of my KSC Glocks or my Tanaka G34 because their triggers guards are too thick.

I hadn't tried putting it on one of my MGC Glock until tonight, and low and behold it fits PERFECTLY. I guess MGC was the only one to mold the frame with RS dimensions.

18Arma_002.sized.jpg

I think it suits it well

mmmm yummy

Got a Hogue grip and VFC AAC Scorpion 9mm Glock silencer. I also installed the 178mm tightbore that was in my G17 and it's still cycling perfectly, this threaded PE barrel really is great.

The silencer is a bit thin for my general liking but it'll do...the fact that it's a replica of a RS one give it lots of points

Scorpion_001.sized.jpg

Scorpion_003.sized.jpg

Scorpion_005.sized.jpg

Scorpion_007.sized.jpg

With the 178mm tightbore it's shooting an extremely consistent 323fps avg. using KSC 0.20g BBs and HFC134a gas. Pretty spiffy for a duster gas gun I think.

has anyone attempted to put a silencer on a KSC Glock 23F??

Due to the Hybrid slide/barrel design on the 23F there is not a threaded barrel available that fits or works with the 23F.

You could try using the PE G19 threaded barrel (since they actually work and cycle on a 19)...but you wouldnt have a front sight anymore...but the hybrid cutout slide kind of screws up cycling with a normal outer barrel anyway...

Capacious- thanks! and yeah the PE G19 threaded barrel works awesome, as I had suspected, using steel to make the barrel really helps the cycling by balancing the weight distribution, keeping the chamber down like it should be.

I also decided to put the CAT laser on the 19 since it looks cleaner lined up with the length of the 19 frame...

19assassin_002.sized.jpg

19assassin_003.sized.jpg

Edited by ViciousV10s

Here's my KWA G19. The slide job wasn't the best; I did it in the matter of an hour. But I'll work on polishing it more.

img0131mediumrc8.jpg

By the way, this is my first post here on Arnie's. I'm an avid member on www.airsoftforums.com, but the new moderaters there are really being too hard on everbody, so I decided to come here. Hope I can provide some useful input for everybody!

Hey vicious how did you polish the slide that well?

Unlike most people who use sandpaper, I use a sandblasting cabinet filled with glass beads instead of sand, it's called "glass beading"

IMO the finish from glass beading is a million times better than any sanding job could ever be. There are no sanding streak lines and is all 100% even. The finish is also much more silver than 'shiny' ...if people want a shiny-chrome look then glass beading is not the method to use.

But even with sandpaper you can get a very nice, even, shiny finish with time and effort. the first Glocks I ever got were KWAs and I sand polished my slides. For example below is a pic of the first airsoft Glock I ever bought and the first slide I ever sanded. I don't know if I am biased because it's mine, but I think it looks a lot better than most the sanded slides Ive seen posted.

Polished18right.sized.jpg

Polished18left.sized.jpg

Polished18top.sized.jpg

That's with a 600grit finish and toothpaste as a polish. I think one of the biggest mistakes is when people use a tool like a dremel to sand the slides, it is much better and more consistent and precise to sand by hand. it just takes more effort which a lot of people dont have the patience for.

Edited by ViciousV10s
I know i sound like an idiot, but what exactly is glass beading? Is it expensive to buy the equipment?

Not a dumb question, many people don't know how glass beading is done.

You buy a sandblasting cabinet as seen here

1671-sandblasting-box.jpg

this place sells and has a good description of the glass beads you use to fill the sandblasting cabinet with

http://www.abrasive-kaidacn.com/GlassBeadsForSB.htm

You also need an air compressor tank, this is what you hook the sandblaster in the cabinet up to and propels the glassbeads

You set the air tank to the desired psi and blast away, I blast at about 80psi.

With an aircompressor, sandblasting cabinet, and beads you are looking at like 300 or so bucks at the cheapest.

Edited by ViciousV10s
So it's pretty much blowing bits of glass at the slide to take the paint off?

Well yes it's blowing round glass balls...but the purpose of glass beading it to polish the metal. If an object has paint on it yes you can just use the glass beads to blast the paint off then polish the metal. But if you were just trying to strip paint off of an object and werent trying to polish it you would use sand instead of spherical glass beads.