What was the last movie you saw?

HaVoC

I did after the dinosaur chase in King Kong (the one with the HUGE dinos).

That was the (only) highlight of the film for me (especially the bit with the tongue and upper jaw - which I won't elaborate on in case of spoilage) but the rest of it I just hated... I kept thinking "Why did PJ waste his time on this?" Probably the oodles of cash the studio threw at him I expect... <_<

Then again, I am very old and jaded

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, I loved the whole 'retro' feel of it all.

It was silly, over-the-top, and just plain daft, and that's everything it should have been. The natives, the dinosaurs in the valley - it had all been done before, and it all brought back memories of old 'classics'. Even the way it was shot was similar (bar all the CGI gubbins) which I thought was excellent.

The whole bit in NYC, too, with the director desperately trying to get his dream made into reality - I felt that Peter Jackson was probably showing people his experiences as a young filmmaker. It wasn't neccessary to the story, and I'd normally have complained, but I thought it was so well done that it didn't matter. I was rooting for the director guy up until about the last quarter of the film, so it did a good job of introducing him, if nothing else.

The last film I went to see was Ring 2 which was ok but not in the least bit scary. The last film I watched at home was Lock Stock, which is a damn good film :D . I've got Reservior Dogs, Leon and Face/Off coming through the post at the moment so I think I will have a film watching marathon when they arrive :D

You sir, went to a VUE cinema.

The only good cinema round here is the Vue one - the Odeon and <something else> are sh*te - you can't see over the person in front, the screen is small, the picture is rubbish, and they're dirty :P

When I went to see King Kong at the Vue I booked an iMax screening by mistake.

I'm probably going again tomorrow - guess what I'll be booking again :D

just watched I robot thought it was actually not that bad.....

last film in the cinema ermmm well it was SWAT...for the 50th time............................................................................

...........................................................................WHAT!! its not the same watching it on a 32 inch telly with no surround sound unlike the cinema!

Archived