2006 BLACKHOLE SHOW

FarEast

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bah!

It's still not a new AEG though, is it?

Surely it's no big R&D program to cast a slightly diffrent receiver and stuff some bits of tube into the front?

I think you'll most of the excitment is for the front end as we have had 416 recievers fr a while but no ris system to match.

FarEast,

I was just wondering did Star have their new M800 Battery Carrier at the show? And if so did you get a look at it, your initial thoughts etc. I'm sure alot of people are interested in having some form of alternative external pack setup to the PEQ/Battery sling option currently available.

It maybe around $500 if they release just the stock. Something tells me it's gonna be more like about $600. Yes the real ebr starts at $600, but this isn't Real Steel, and unless someone is able to take the real EBR and modify it to fit m14 internals then Trigger Happy can and probably will price it that high. I mean look at Hurricane's Shrike Conversion kit is out for $720 in HK

It maybe around $500 if they release just the stock. Something tells me it's gonna be more like about $600. Yes the real ebr starts at $600, but this isn't Real Steel, and unless someone is able to take the real EBR and modify it to fit m14 internals then Trigger Happy can and probably will price it that high. I mean look at Hurricane's Shrike Conversion kit is out for $720 in HK

The point was that the real one goes under a lot tighter QC and uses better materials. Hence it's a lot better value for money than trigger happy purely from the consumer's point of view. (didnt say it's not worth it thou) And the fact that airsoft is usually cheaper than RS, this is a rare example when airsoft actually gets more expensive than RS...

But to tell you the truth... I really have no choice but to pay whatever trigger happy asks.. I am also glad that there is a drop in stock available and the price will ensure that it stays relatively rare...

Althou I would still argue tht the demand for such stock is way higher than they thought and so personally I think the profit maximising price is lower then wht they are setting now..

The point was that the real one goes under a lot tighter QC and uses better materials. Hence it's a lot better value for money than trigger happy purely from the consumer's point of view. (didnt say it's not worth it thou) And the fact that airsoft is usually cheaper than RS, this is a rare example when airsoft actually gets more expensive than RS...

But to tell you the truth... I really have no choice but to pay whatever trigger happy asks.. I am also glad that there is a drop in stock available and the price will ensure that it stays relatively rare...

Althou I would still argue tht the demand for such stock is way higher than they thought and so personally I think the profit maximising price is lower then wht they are setting now..

I totally agree with you on all points except for demand. I personally think that in a market like airsoft price is negatively proportional to demand. That is until the market is physically saturated with them and then and only then will the price begin to drop. Still wondering why the price includes an M14 and nothing mentioned about just the stock itself. But the price quoted on here was based on the Yen. Given that all imported items are heavily taxed in Japan, I'm sure it should be less expensive from HK.

Thats not he only EBR that will be released.

Just received a reply-mail from G&P a couple of days ago...

I saw the EBR buttstock (M870 Tactical Extended Buttstock )they´ve made on their site so I asked them when the complete EBR kit is going to be released and they said:

We will release this product on few months later but not sure when will it release and also we now haven't got this information.

Best Regards,

Webmaster

And here is the buttstock.

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=917

3 years. 3 long, patient years I have been waiting for an MP7. I thought I was excited over seeing the resin casted mold a couple months back...but wow. Can't wait to get it and slap an EOTech 552 on it.

Not to mention that HK 416 looks just killer. I might invest in one of those as well if the price is right.

That M14 stock just doesn't tickle my fancy though. For an M14, I have to go oldschool with a wood stock. RIS units may look nice, fancy and modern, but nothing comes close to good old wood and steel in my eyes. Oh well, to each his own.

2006 is already looking to be a good year for guns. Come on MP7!

I totally agree with you on all points except for demand. I personally think that in a market like airsoft price is negatively proportional to demand. That is until the market is physically saturated with them and then and only then will the price begin to drop. Still wondering why the price includes an M14 and nothing mentioned about just the stock itself. But the price quoted on here was based on the Yen. Given that all imported items are heavily taxed in Japan, I'm sure it should be less expensive from HK. 

Surely, in almost every market price is -ve proportional to demand (more like units sold actually since demand is the relationship between price and units sold)... ie, the more expensive the less demand as people simply can't afford it. My point was, the demand is going to be quite elastic/sensitive to a change in price, so much that the % change is demand is likely to be greater than the % change in price. Hence you would get more total revenue if you lower the price. But I guess you could say all EBR potential buyers are going to be die hard EBR fans and hence price won't affect their decision... in which case they would be better off with the high price...

Anyway I agree with the japanese tax bit... it's likely to be cheaper in hk... this has been proven by a few products released before..

Thats not he only EBR that will be released. 

Just received a reply-mail from G&P a couple of days ago... 

I saw the EBR buttstock (M870 Tactical Extended Buttstock )they´ve made on their site so I asked them when the complete EBR kit is going to be released and they said: 

And here is the buttstock.   

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=917 

OMG... another ssurprise.did you ask them how much they would expect it to be?

Oh, and look what I found:

2005PL10.jpg

Also, triggerhappy has a website:

http://www.triggerhappy.co.kr/

EDIT: Actually, the one in the picture appears to be a real steel after looking at the original source...

Hmmm...poor man's m14 ebr. That G&P EBR and any other M14 RAS chop the buttstock off and attach the g&p 870 stock walla instant EBR. Ugly but could work for those who can't afford the kit.

And I see you're point Fumiyasa. Hopefully it will be more on the expensive side as I too want it to be a rare thing, considering how popular the m14 is going to be.

Archived